Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:03:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Feudal Patrol new ancient / medieval / fantasy ruleset launched  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Feudal Patrol is the new rule system from Buck Surdu. Feudal Patrol is part of the Combat Patrol family of rulesets and builds on the innovative and streamlined mechanisms of the ground breaking World War Two rule system but this time the rules cover the ancient, medieval and fantasy periods.

Any single based miniatures, in any scale can be used. A typical game uses 20-50 figures per side and can be played in 2-3 hours.

Feudal Patrol has been designed for solo, two player and team play. The solo option uses the concept of ‘Posture’ to determine an opponents reactions depending on relative casualties, successes and morale.

Command friction is provided by the double random activation system that provides fog of war, drama and unpredictability to games.

Feudal Patrol uses a streamlined, intuitive card based  combat resolution mechanism which eliminates the need for look up tables and cross referencing.

Feudal Patrol is available for pre-order now and is shipping in September. Pre-ordering qualifies customers for a free pack of 10 blank unit reference cards. The rules and card decks are available from Sally 4th. We are based in UK and provide world wide mail order. American customers can also place pre-orders via On Military Matters and Noble Knight.

There is lots more information available at https://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Feudal-Patrol including links to videos and battle reports.

Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
  • Rules Author, Dealer In Antiquities, Mad Scientist
    • My Blog: One More Gaming Project
Here are some photos and a brief report of a War of the Roses playtest game I ran at our club using Feudal Patrol in preparation for last year's Cold Wars:
http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2019/02/war-of-roses-playtest-for-cold-wars.html

"I have wrought my simple plan,
if I give one hour's joy,
to the boy who's half a man,
or the man who's half a boy!"
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
    • Huestes de Arcana - The blog!
If it included early firearms you would have me in in no time

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Yes, Feudal Patrol does cover early firearms.

Offline CPalmer

• Scientist
  • Rules Author, Dealer In Antiquities, Mad Scientist
    • My Blog: One More Gaming Project
If it included early firearms you would have me in in no time

Yes, as Chris Abbey says, the rules have early firearms.   I have a unit of hand gunners in my War of the Roses armies for Feudal Patrol.

And a friend even pushed the rules to run an early American colonial action from the 1600's that was a lot of fun.

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
    • Huestes de Arcana - The blog!