Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:05:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686467
  • Total Topics: 118101
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) New Releases for October -- Pulp Alley  (Read 2855 times)

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
(Commercial) New Releases for October -- Pulp Alley
« on: October 16, 2018, 12:01:14 PM »
Available from Pulp Alley -- https://store.pulpalley.com/
And Sally 4th in the UK -- https://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/

« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 05:56:16 AM by Elk101 »

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
Re: New Releases for October -- Pulp Alley
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 03:12:54 AM »
Just in time for Halloween.
A.Nik-

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Re: New Releases for October -- Pulp Alley
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 01:23:46 AM »

Offline ragsthetiger

• Scientist
  • Phantom Agent
    • rags' gallery
Re: (Commercial) New Releases for October -- Pulp Alley
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 03:37:34 AM »
Tried out the Deadrise scenario last night -- the living dead are really nasty in this one.  They got me, but it was a lot of fun while it lasted. o_o   I really enjoyed the scenario deck concept, where the plot points enter one at a time through encounter cards -- that's a great idea for a story-driven scenario, and I hope to see more of it.

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 03:54:36 PM »
It looks like a great scenario.

David asked us to do some tokens for it as this months plot point of the month.

These are free with every order from us that includes at least one Pulp Alley or Sally 4th Pulp product.

http://wargamesbuildings.co.uk/Pulp-Alley-Gaming-Accessories
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 10:27:50 PM »
Any hints or details as to what the 12 cards are that go with the Deadrise scenario?

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 02:08:18 AM »
Any hints or details as to what the 12 cards are that go with the Deadrise scenario?
I hope I am not speaking out of turn but I would guess the card pack is the same cards as the ones in the pdf. That is how the others have been. In Deadrise the cards form a stack of random events that you draw every time you activate. Some cards are good. Some are bad. I played Deadrise twice and only survived the second time. It may be my favorite Pulp Alley scenario yet. I hope they make more scenarios like this one.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »
I hope I am not speaking out of turn but I would guess the card pack is the same cards as the ones in the pdf. That is how the others have been. In Deadrise the cards form a stack of random events that you draw every time you activate. Some cards are good. Some are bad. I played Deadrise twice and only survived the second time. It may be my favorite Pulp Alley scenario yet. I hope they make more scenarios like this one.

Interesting. I might have to pick this up. I got plenty of Walking Dead All Out War miniatures to make use of a scenario like this.

Offline Bessy

• Scientist
  • Namaste Mofo
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 09:44:50 PM »
We’ve got the card packs in and will be shipping shortly! This was such a fun scenario!!

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 10:46:13 AM »
We’ve got the card packs in and will be shipping shortly! This was such a fun scenario!!

Awesome! I would love to see a video of the scenario being played.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 11:07:59 AM »
I just ordered this and did a quick skim of the scenario. I didn't think of this and so I will let others know. Per the scenario, the way to get the most out of it is to have the horror rules and horror deck. It also recommends that you have Horror Booster 2. I don't have the horror deck. If I had been aware of that, I would have bought the horror deck instead of the solo deck when I placed my order. So just an FYI for others since the scenario description doesn't make mention of specifically using the Horror Deck.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 04:48:46 PM »
I just ordered this and did a quick skim of the scenario. I didn't think of this and so I will let others know. Per the scenario, the way to get the most out of it is to have the horror rules and horror deck. It also recommends that you have Horror Booster 2. I don't have the horror deck. If I had been aware of that, I would have bought the horror deck instead of the solo deck when I placed my order. So just an FYI for others since the scenario description doesn't make mention of specifically using the Horror Deck.

I don't know if your order was process yet, but I can swap the Horror deck for the Solo deck if you'd like. Please let me know. PM me with your name so I know which order to do.

Sorry we didn't make the Horror Deck thing more clear.

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 09:56:21 PM »
I don't know if your order was process yet, but I can swap the Horror deck for the Solo deck if you'd like. Please let me know. PM me with your name so I know which order to do.

Sorry we didn't make the Horror Deck thing more clear.

No worries! My post was more of an FYI for those who might not have the horror deck. I am sure the scenario is still very playable and fun. I will have to wait until my solo deck arrives to try it out though. I can't seem to get anyone to try the game with me.