Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:53:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689675
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Lone Warrior pulp thread - battle reports & pictures (updated 9 october)  (Read 4209 times)

Offline fluffy05

• Scientist
    • One Painters Crusade
Very nice!

Subscribed  :D
'The German today is like the June Bride; he knows he is going to get it, but he doesn't know how big it is going to be.' - Gen. Richard "Windy" Gale, 6th Airborne Division Commander

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
Very nice!

Subscribed  :D

Thanks a lot!!

Hope you like it!!
Fear of the Dark skirmish wargame blog (rules, scenarios, general articles...)

https://fearofthedarkskirmishwargame.blogspot.com/

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
I love your reports and terrain, especially the card buildings.

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
Re: The Lone Warrior pulp thread - AARs, blog and pictures (updated 27 august)
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »
Let's continue with an AAR of Pulp Alley's Perilous Island campaign played solo...

This is the fourth scenario, and the members of the Carlyle expedition arrive to Cairo looking for the dissapeared archeologist Lord Donovan Darrow, just to discover that a German group called The Order is struggling to find him before...

https://thelonewarriorenglish.blogspot.com/2020/09/aar-pulp-perilous-island-scenario-4.html?m=1

btr" border="0

dav" border="0

dav" border="0

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
Re: The Lone Warrior pulp thread - AARs, blog and pictures (updated 27 august)
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2020, 09:19:32 PM »
I love your reports and terrain, especially the card buildings.

If you like the card buildings, this last report will like you...
I made a lot of buildings to represent the Chaos of an Arab city.

Tha nks for your support!!

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
I have to admit that I am not normally a fan of paper buildings but you have done a wonderful job of making them look good. Very good.
A.Nik-

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
I have to admit that I am not normally a fan of paper buildings but you have done a wonderful job of making them look good. Very good.

Thanks a lot!!

As I play my games alone, I have made all my scenery, and the main problem is to store everything at home.

When you have an Arab city setting a desert setting, a western city setting, a forest/country setting... It becomes difficult to store everything at home.

That's why I decided to make my own papercraft buildings, as they are cheap,  I can make them myself, and the most important thing... I make them foldable!!!!

So, once I finish, I fold them and store a full city in a small box, and that's the main reason to use papercraft terrain.

Hope you like the blog and the AARs!!

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
I'm back from a short break...

Fifth solo game of the Pulp Alley 'a campaign called Perilous Island...

This time our heroes go through the desert of Rub Al Khali to find Lord Donovan Darrow, a famous archeologist who dissapeared while searching for Irem, city of the thousand pillars, the Atlantis of the desert...

Will they find their way through the desert? Or will they be swallowed by the sand?

https://thelonewarriorenglish.blogspot.com/2020/09/aar-pulp-perilous-island-scenario-5.html?m=1

ptr" border="0

ptr" border="0

dav" border="0

dav" border="0

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
The sixth solo game of the Pulp Alley's campaign called Perilous Island has been a bit intense...

Our heroes continue their travel through the doomed Rub Al Khali desert in their search of the lost famous archeologist and things are getting tougher than expected...

Hope you like it as much as I am enjoying playing it...

https://thelonewarriorenglish.blogspot.com/2020/09/aar-pulp-perilous-island-scenario-6.html?m=1

ptr" border="0

ptr" border="0

ptr" border="0

ptr" border="0

Offline clandaith

• Bookworm
    • The Fat Old Gamer
Nice battle report.  I love how you painted the FG zombies.  I did mine with a more green skin tone.  But I like how yours could work for many different types of models. 

I just ordered the Serpent of Ra expansion for PA.  I'm going to move it to Southeast Asia instead of the desert.  While doing Airborne of Shadow Deep, a small group of adventures are requested to explore some strange things happening in the jungle.

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
It sounds really promising...

The good thing about these campaigns is that you can set them in a place that fits better your terrain and miniatures.

Perilous Island is set in a lost island in the middle of nowhere, but as I had no jungle terrain, I decided to play it in an egyptian setting, and I have discovered that it was a success, as I am really enjoying the campaign.

I am looking forward to see what your adventurers discover within the southeast asian jungle...

Once I finish this campaign I'll play some scenarios for Airborne of Shadow Deep, I have several ideas for my 101 airborne soldiers...

Things are going to get weirder...

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
The end of the solo Pulp Alley campaign is close...

Our heroes have gone through the doomed Rub Al Khali desert and have arrived to Irem, the Atlantis of the desert, to find hundreds of undead awaiting for them...

With the help of the remaining survivors of the Afrika Korps expedition they will try to make their way through the wall of corpses to reach the main gate of the forbidden city...

https://thelonewarriorenglish.blogspot.com/2020/10/aar-pulp-perilous-island-scenario-7.html?m=1

ptr" border="0

ptr" border="0

ptr" border="0

Offline tereydavi

• Librarian
And we made it to the last chapter of the Pulp Alley campaign called Perilous Island...

After 8 games played solo we reach the final episode...

Our heroes made it through several dangers to come to a damned desert searching for a lost city buried under the sand...

Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed playing the campaign...

https://thelonewarriorenglish.blogspot.com/2020/10/aar-pulp-perilous-island-scenario-8.html?m=1

ptr" border="0

ptr" border="0

ptr" border="0
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 09:33:27 PM by tereydavi »