Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:02:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rival species questions !  (Read 3038 times)

Offline seldon

• Scientist
Rival species questions !
« on: April 22, 2017, 03:50:18 PM »
So some of the bigger creatures like the armored host I assumed they were like vehicles, but really it is not stated that they are such, and behemoth has nerves of steel and dedicsted, so I assume that the rest can be shaken if shock maches the remaining hit points ? Technicall behaving lke infantry ?

Does any of the bio forces behave like vehicles regarding suppression.. my guess is no ?
Is there any considereation regarding "hide" actions and the fact that some of these creatures are size 3 or 4 and still have the option to execute that action?

I was trying to get a AFV kind of creature, I'm thinking about using the Armored Host creature removing the transport ability... should I adjust the points much or should I not care about how the point difference...?

Heavy decomposition cannon, is it really 3 uses per turn ???

A related question, you cannot kill more figures than attack dice, when a weapon is for example 2xD6H, technically it is still only ona D6 right as I am choosi g the high one, correct ?
Francisco
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:42:14 AM by seldon »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Rival species questions !
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 04:05:09 PM »
Sorry, for the delay, I simply overlooked the questions...

So some of the bigger creatures like the armored host I assumed they were like vehicles, but really it is not stated that they are such, and behemoth has nerves of steel and dedicsted, so I assume that the rest can be shaken if shock maches the remaining hit points ? Technicall behaving lke infantry ?
They are all creatures, NOT vehicles.
And yes they can be shaken etc.

Does any of the bio forces behave like vehicles regarding suppression.. my guess is no ?
Is there any considereation regarding "hide" actions and the fact that some of these creatures are size 3 or 4 and still have the option to execute that action?
As above, no vehicles!
Hiding with Size 2+ creatures...
I left it deliberately a bit vague! ;) Per se they can hide.
Once spotted however they are effected by the size rules from p.37 of the FuCo book.
"Any infantry unit with a Size/2 or higher Ability is affected by the same rules as described for vehicles under Section 11.2.1 Close Combat and Section 11.5 Shooting at Vehicles."

I was trying to get a AFV kind of creature, I'm thinking about using the Armored Host creature removing the transport ability... should I adjust the points much or should I not care about how the point difference...?
IMO the Armoured Host is more like an APC, I would use the Behemoth or Tremor Beast!

Heavy decomposition cannon, is it really 3 uses per turn ???
Yes

A related question, you cannot kill more figures than attack dice, when a weapon is for example 2xD6H, technically it is still only ona D6 right as I am choosi g the high one, correct ?
Francisco
Yes, just like the rules and example say on P.10
"Sometimes you will be asked to roll a number of dice and use the result equal to the highest indi-vidual dice roll. These rolls are usually noted as 2xD6H – the H indicating you should use the highest result.
Note that the dice are not added together."
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de