Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:18:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bug War Project  (Read 998 times)

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
Bug War Project
« on: April 15, 2020, 05:55:46 PM »
Found some old GZG Bugs in storage while going through my 15mm Sci fi and decided to turn this into a 25mm mini project. Plan to pick up some 1st Corp sci troopers next month for mobile infantry.

Had no idea what colours to use for these fellas, since they're exotic I slapped some contrast colours on, highlighted them and called it a day. I think it works...

Online Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Bug War Project
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 08:06:15 PM »
Nice work.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 09:29:30 PM »
Found some old GZG Bugs in storage while going through my 15mm Sci fi and decided to turn this into a 25mm mini project. Plan to pick up some 1st Corp sci troopers next month for mobile infantry.

Had no idea what colours to use for these fellas, since they're exotic I slapped some contrast colours on, highlighted them and called it a day. I think it works...

Very nice. I have only one each of those. I would like to get some more of the “scythe legged” type. Shame GZG stopped doing them.

Offline madman

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 01:37:24 AM »
Frankly they look made up from leftovers from a crab and or lobster feast. One way to get "parts" for more minis!

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 12:15:23 PM »
Cheers chaps!

They're a bit weird although I still quite like them as I suspect they've been in the family since 98/99?, I've about 4 of the traditional Warrior Bugs. I suspect GZG had to put a stop to it when Starship Troopers miniature game fired up, some of which you can still get from Rebel Minis, which I'll probably use to help expand the horde.

The one on the right is particularly bizarre. My guess is since he kind of imitates a Flea he catapults himself at bad guys whilst flailing his little arms about.

I strongly suspect it'd be a one way trip. He's not exactly aerodynamic and being so squat the landing would be rough.

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 01:51:52 PM »
Really nice! Looks like a perfect use for Contrast too...

Offline CookAndrewB

• Mastermind
    • 3d designs can be found at Thingiverse
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 02:39:13 PM »
How big are the figures themselves? They look pretty scale agnostic, which is nice. Huge bugs in 15mm, big in 25mm? Man height? I'm trying to drag up memories from the movies and I think the warriors are about man height? Maybe a smidge bigger?

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 03:38:29 PM »
How big are the figures themselves? They look pretty scale agnostic, which is nice. Huge bugs in 15mm, big in 25mm? Man height? I'm trying to drag up memories from the movies and I think the warriors are about man height? Maybe a smidge bigger?

I'll get some pics but they're actually larger than a Primaris Space Marine by a few mm. That said I know Pendraken do 10-15mm sized bugs so you could mix them in and use them for pretty much 10-28mm. GZG still do its 6mm Arachnids, which would still be quite the horror at 15mm or even 25/28mm too!