Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:41:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: STAR WARS: The High Republic (Publishing Campaign)  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
STAR WARS: The High Republic (Publishing Campaign)
« on: February 25, 2020, 07:22:51 AM »
For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.

With the Skywalker Saga at its close, LucasFilm is launching a publishing campaign (and potential multi-media project) set 200 years before Episode I. In this period, the Jedi are more like “Knights of the Round Table” or “Texas Rangers,” patrolling the frontiers of the Republic. The major threat are not Sith but rather a band of “space Vikings” known as the Nihl.

OFFICIAL SITE

ANNOUNCEMENT VIDEO

Look for these titles:

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: STAR WARS: The High Republic (Publishing Campaign)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 08:06:20 AM »
"New York Times Best-Seeling Author"... oh my. lol

I hope their content proofreading is better than that. It does look a bit like those kids/teens-oriented books from the 1990s, not that that would be a bad thing in itself.

Still, an interesting choice of era. I'll wait and see if they make their way over here.

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 05:14:09 PM »
The flag ship product seems to be Light of the Jedi, a novel (rather than a children's book or YA novel) due out in August of this year.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 05:22:39 PM »
I wonder how different the tech and vehicles will be. Not too much I hope.

It does seem a good excuse to field/wield more Jedi on the table top though...
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Manchu

• Mad Scientist
    • Life on Jasoom?
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 12:49:14 AM »
LINK

Avar is the brightest, most noble example of Jedi-hood. She always tries to see the good in people and situations, and never puts herself first. She is invigorated about life on the frontier and the challenges it brings, and is an inspiration for those who work with her. She is compassionate, not dogmatic, and always ready to sacrifice herself over others. Avar Kriss is the best of the best.

Loden is a Twi’lek Jedi Master, and is considered to be one of the best teachers in the Jedi Order. Strong and wise, with a good sense of humor, Loden looks at every moment as a learning experience, always trying to better himself and those around him, especially his Padawans.

Keeve is a young firebrand Jedi, believed to have a great future ahead of her, if only she would believe it herself. Quick-witted and more impulsive than she should be, Keeve has only been a Jedi Knight for a few weeks and is a little starstruck around Avar, knowing many of the great things Kriss has done in the past. She is determined to prove herself to Avar and the other legendary Jedi stationed on Starlight Beacon, but first she must learn to trust in herself as much as she trusts the Force.

Stellan is an optimistic and well-respected Jedi Master. Stellan came up through the Order with Avar Kriss, and although they are often on different assignments for the Jedi or the Republic, when the two work together they are a powerhouse team of two noble heroes in action. Strong in the Force and a natural teacher, Stellan is currently stationed at one of the Jedi Temple outposts on the distant planet of Caragon-Viner.

Vern is a newly-minted Jedi Knight. Vernestra, Mirialan, was Padawan to Stellan Gios. She works hard and is devoted to the Jedi Order, more so than most others her age. At sixteen she is one of the youngest Knights in a generation. She struggles to fit in with the adults while also setting a good example for the younger Jedi.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 09:14:09 PM »
Hmm... I’m currently so much in love with Star Wars (recently watched Solo and now am addicted to The Mandalorian and tried Clone Wars) that I would be trying at least the novel.