Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:01:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Scrappers Official Thread UPDATED 10-11-2017  (Read 3814 times)

Offline ChaosChild

• Librarian
Re: Scrappers Official Thread UPDATED 6-10-2017
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 03:04:56 AM »
I've got a question.

On p18, under "Choose Your Crew's Faction" it says "Each Faction has a Rival Faction thst will alter the Rout Check conditions of a battle" but I can't find the rules for how this actually works. It's not on p83 with the rules for Rout Checks and I can't find it anywhere else. Am I missing something?

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 04:45:07 AM »
I've got a question.

On p18, under "Choose Your Crew's Faction" it says "Each Faction has a Rival Faction thst will alter the Rout Check conditions of a battle" but I can't find the rules for how this actually works. It's not on p83 with the rules for Rout Checks and I can't find it anywhere else. Am I missing something?

Well, you're not missing something, the rulebook is!  ;)

Looks like I'll be updating the errata. That its missing is a big mystery. Thanks for asking about that. So the short answer is that you don't have to make Rout Checks when fighting against a Rival Crew until you lose 50%+ of your starting number of models.

Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline ChaosChild

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 02:57:40 PM »
Quick question from our game a couple of nights ago.

If both players are using Sons of Entropy, how do you resolve their faction abilities? Specifically...
1) How do you determine who redeploys their models first?
2) Are there any limitations on where you can redeploy other than the stated ones (i.e. within 6" of a table edge, not in your opponent's quarter)? Do you have to observe the 3" gap between models that you have during normal deployment?

For the first point, we randomised who redeployed first then alternated, one model at a time.

For the second, we kept the 3" gap since otherwise there's nothing stopping you redeploying straight into melee with an opponent. As it is, between us we redeployed 10 models onto the same 2' stretch of table edge and fought the entire game at point blank range.

Were we correct? Is there anything to tell us how to resolve this (we couldn't find anything)?

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 06:02:47 AM »
Quick question from our game a couple of nights ago.

If both players are using Sons of Entropy, how do you resolve their faction abilities? Specifically...
1) How do you determine who redeploys their models first?
2) Are there any limitations on where you can redeploy other than the stated ones (i.e. within 6" of a table edge, not in your opponent's quarter)? Do you have to observe the 3" gap between models that you have during normal deployment?

For the first point, we randomised who redeployed first then alternated, one model at a time.

For the second, we kept the 3" gap since otherwise there's nothing stopping you redeploying straight into melee with an opponent. As it is, between us we redeployed 10 models onto the same 2' stretch of table edge and fought the entire game at point blank range.

Were we correct? Is there anything to tell us how to resolve this (we couldn't find anything)?

Great questions! Here's the answers:

1. For the re-Deployment, we go with the Sentry Player first, since he got to choose his starting area and the Intruder got stuck with the leftovers. That'll give the Intruder a slight advantage to compensate him for not being able to choose his Deployment area. Don't alternate, between them, have the Sentry re-Deploy all of his available figures, then the Intruder with his.

2. The SOE re-Deployment feature is still Deployment and follows all normal Deployment restrictions except where specifically noted such as coming in from the table edge within 6" instead of deeper into the field like the normal. Note: we've errata'd the Intruder entry to say that all models must be no closer than 3" to Scrap Tokens or other models.

Let me know how these clarifications work for you guys!