Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:29:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686615
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Project Barsoom  (Read 4859 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: Project Barsoom
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2017, 05:11:37 PM »
Another vote for Tinman's EXCELLENT Barsoom line.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »

Ghost, if you think it will be easy for all LAFers who don't speak French to just use a Google Translate on your post, please consider going to the more polite and gentleman's way like we use to do things here, and use the translator yourself to post here in English, thank you very much!  ;)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Ghost

• Bookworm
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2017, 07:03:18 PM »
Ghost, if you think it will be easy for all LAFers who don't speak French to just use a Google Translate on your post, please consider going to the more polite and gentleman's way like we use to do things here, and use the translator yourself to post here in English, thank you very much!  ;)
What ?! Does not everyone speak French ?!

So here is the translation :

"Hello Askellad,

First of all congratulations for your conversions, you had to think about these assemblies!

I am also interested in skirmishes in this universe and I thought about these rules :
- In her majesty's name
- pulp alley
- savage core

I bought, read but have not yet played the two first of them : the second would be in my opinion more suitable because more "pulp". Both allow to create some gangs of your own and to use vehicles (for pulp alley you have to buy supplements to have all the rules. However, downloading them is not very expensive ...)
The 3rd should be released soon at Lucid Eye Publications : lucid eye previously released minis of neanderthal men, amazons, Atlanteans, ... all races that will encounter at the Earth core in this future game. The universe is similar to pellucidar, by Burroughs, so I hope that it will be possible to use these rules for a Barsoom project and create some new gangs.

I bought some Tinman minis : they are fine and their quality is very good."
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 07:06:08 PM by Ghost »

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2017, 01:57:27 AM »
What ?! Does not everyone speak French ?!

Shocking, but true. I, myself, speak only a few words of lingua Franca, though my poor benighted fellows think that means 'English.'  ;)

Your patience and good humor are a shining light to us all. We all wish you the best in your search for suitable-to-your-needs rule set.

However, I will point out that the '.de' means we should all speak 'auf Deutsch.'  ;D

Doug

PS Given my VERY limited vocabulary in German, breath-holding is contra-indicated.  lol

Offline Kamandi

• Librarian
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 10:16:23 PM »
Rules:

In Her Majesty's Name - I like many of Craig Cartmell's other rules sets but I don't see much to recommend the actual rules here. I would look to his CROM or his Napoleonic Skirmish rules http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/47/01/40870147/documents/Over%20the%20Hills%20and%20Far%20Away.pdf

Pulp Alley - an excellent choice for small warbands but not suitable for more than 20 figures (I stand corrected - I have only played the basic game)

The Men Who Would Be Kings - My first choice since it covers colonial and native forces and firearms. It doesn't include vehicles or dueling

En Garde - Cover dueling (IIRC) and small units. No vehicles. Basic firearms.

Songs of.... - Might be a good choice. Start with their ACW or Drums and Tomahawk rules.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 02:54:48 AM by Kamandi »
"Something had happened in the dim past...! A natural disaster coupled with Radiation! The people in the bunkers lived out their lives and died dreaming of a day of return---The radiation would be gone---and the world would be left waiting---"

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2017, 12:56:38 AM »
Pulp Alley can handle more figures if you use the "gangs" and "crew" rules. Guns and vehicles can have a multi-figure crew, which acts as a single character. A gang of 5 or 6 figures acts as a single character. There were 61 figures in the Return to the Island of the Crocodile God game that I ran 3 times in the last 3 weeks. One player ran 45 figures, 40 of them in gangs which acted as 8 characters, and the other 4 players controlled 4 figures each.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline jamesmanto

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2017, 03:35:41 AM »
Holy Moly! Those are really quite well done.
Victrix is going to love you for buying all those kits just for the heads.

Offline Askellad

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2017, 12:51:44 PM »
Only bitz ! I used the bodies for Song of shadows and dust gang henchmen !

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2017, 04:04:29 AM »
Great looking project! Lots of cool ideas. THANKS for posting.