Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686443
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pirate Island project - Second raid of San Padolfo 02.09.2018 p.15  (Read 27176 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Absolutely superb and inspiring! Thanks for sharing with us landlubbers. ;)

It's never late for us landlubbers to join the gentlemen o'fortune!

-Weigh anchor, hoist the mizzen!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
Re: Pirate Island project (Pikeman's Lament - Raid of San Padolfo AAR) 28.5.
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2017, 11:55:53 AM »
What an excellent thread - have just gone back and reminded myself of the whole thing.  8)

Excellent buildings  :-*
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2017, 01:26:00 AM »
Really great thread - some of those buildings are very inspirational.

Good on you for tackling all of this build and preparation to get this game off the ground - I know that can be challenging.  :)
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2017, 04:59:37 PM »
What an excellent thread - have just gone back and reminded myself of the whole thing.  8)

Excellent buildings  :-*

Thank you!
I was thinking that this thread had already closed a satisfying cycle and it is always a great joy to receive positive comments!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2017, 05:03:47 PM »
Really great thread - some of those buildings are very inspirational.

Good on you for tackling all of this build and preparation to get this game off the ground - I know that can be challenging.  :)

Thank you!
Both you and SI have entered great projects and I follow them with attention.
I've made a pause for a some time, your comments are really encouraging to make this project grow.
For sure, I promise that you are going to see these buildings featuring in more games!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
That is a WONDERFUL collection of BEAUTIFULLY crafted creations. LOVELY scenery & dashing swashbucklers are the substance of memorable games. Each of your pieces has a personal charm of its own; each bears the mark of your unique technique. OUTSTANDINGLY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
That is a WONDERFUL collection of BEAUTIFULLY crafted creations. LOVELY scenery & dashing swashbucklers are the substance of memorable games. Each of your pieces has a personal charm of its own; each bears the mark of your unique technique. OUTSTANDINGLY WELL DONE!

For me it is a great honor to receive such good comments from a seasoned and prolific LAFer as you are, sir!
This summer I plan to add another swashbuckling adventure to this thread.
Until then, me hearties!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
For me it is a great honor to receive such good comments from a seasoned and prolific LAFer as you are, sir!
This summer I plan to add another swashbuckling adventure to this thread.
Until then, me hearties!

AAARRRGGH! I'll be keeping a weather eye open for updates...I bet I won't be the only one.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Pirate Island project - Second raid of San Padolfo 02.09.2018 p.15
« Reply #218 on: September 02, 2018, 06:26:36 PM »
SECOND RAID OF SAN PADOLFO

-Ahoy ye, biscuit eater! Me lads be shippin' out fer the account! San Padolfo! Thar be booty again!
-Yarr! Me knows what ye talking! Sharpen yer cutlass me heartie!
-Savvy?
-Elmira! The new Governor's daughter!
-Aye! She be gorgeous lass!
-Me bettin' a hoghshead Porto wine! Elmira, she'll be mine!
-Blow me down if me schooner don't be sailin' thar first!
-Avast ye, landlubber! Yer ship be boomin' about!
-All hands on deck! We be sailing!

This was the dialogue between the two main characters: Blueberry Sam and Yellowbeard Jack.
They are quarreling again! Their field of action?
San Padolfo! Again!
Their prize?

The Governor's Daughter!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2018, 07:16:51 PM »
The characters:

Blueberry Sam:  Captain of the brigantine "Halcyone". Blueberry? He started hunting for blueberries since a captured ship's doctor prescribed them for scurvy. A few years ago, his crew dumbed him on a desert island where he stayed marooned for a week. He managed to survive, searching in his thick beard for blueberry leftovers. He was saved from scurvy, too.

Jack Yellowbeard: Sam's friend and antagonist. Captain of the pirate sloop "Hermione". Also called the "custard", as he likes to savour at least five cups of custard cream per day. He is sure that this is the reason his beard is so yellow! He went furious when he learned that, in San Padolfo, the local inns are serving custard with blueberries!

Lord Ruffingston: The Governor. Governor? Ruffingston was a humble rabbit breeder in Britain, but went bankrupt when the government raised the taxes of rabbit food. He sailed to San Padolfo dressed with a rabbit fur coat and the locals thought he was the new Governor. The real governor never arrived, as after the treaty between Spain, France and England, everybody neglected the small island of San Padolfo. After all, it was not charted in any map, and still it remains till nowadays I'm afraid so. He pretends to be a Lord and the Governor. And his daughter is... OMG!

Elmira: The Governor's daughter. Her beauty is blinding! Her body? The statue of an Ancient Greek Goddess! Her kiss?  :-*
I'd better... stop... now!  ;) And, of course, everybody wants her!  :o
But Elmira is watchful. She has been informed of the impending raid and she has disappeared from her house! Where is she?
Even I, dear reader, who am going to be the umpire of this exciting game, frankly I say, I don't know!

Major Peepington: The officer of the City Guard. He thinks he has an imaginary affair with Elmira, but she doesn;t want even to look at him! He doesn't stop visiting the Governor's, always with some cheap pretext, just to pass by Elmira's room and... peep!  lol

Horatio Vesselbloom: Captain of HMS ship "La Meduse" - a captured French ketch. He stuck once his frigate at the Eleuthera shallows. For ever. The Admiralty gave him a second chance. Why? Does his small name make you any sense? Ah, his godfather was a prominent man, and the Admiralty is very sensitive to situations as such. Lord Ruffingstone has promised him his daughter, but Elmira doesn't want him, either!

Secondary characters: We will see if they will play some role in the game:

-Teofilo Birindelli, the only priest, vicar of the only island church, of San Padolfo, of course!
-Matthias Sturmhotz, the carpenter, Elmira's uncle (from her mother, if you are so curious to know).
-Ricardo Lamoyo, everywhere you touch him, you must wash your hands! Formerly sentenced to prison for life, a renegade, a smuggler, an agitator, a... BASTA!
-Van Neerdoel, the barman. His Dutch shoulders are more square than Pythagora's square theorem. Ready to face off any man who approaches...
-Moira: Her barmaid. Although 50+, Moira is  the second most beautiful woman in the island.  ;D
(If you suspect that there is no third, I tell you that there is at least one more, the carpenter's wife - see carpenter's house in the front pages).
Moira is a dancer. "Dance" helps you stay healthy. "So you think you can dance" helps you stay awake.   

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 07:19:43 PM by DintheDin »

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2018, 07:50:43 PM »
Before we proceed with the story, dear readers, I invite you to have some glimpses to this magnificent table:
The table setup from the four points of the horizon.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2018, 07:54:38 PM »
The small fort on the sea rock
I made this piece with much love!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2018, 07:58:44 PM »
The dock

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2018, 08:01:18 PM »
The unfinished fort.
If you want my truth, it will remain unfinished forever.
France stopped financing its construction.
Spain ignores it totally.
Britain refuses to take responsibility of such an... irresponsible island.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2018, 08:05:46 PM »
The prison door.
The prison is under the seashore battery.

(another piece of terrain I love much - you may have a look at the front pages)