Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:33:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689726
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bersaglieri motorcycles?  (Read 4443 times)

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Bersaglieri motorcycles?
« on: May 06, 2017, 03:47:10 PM »
Do anyone actually make such a creature?  I have been trying to find some, and I have had no luck whatsoever.  Is this going to be a case of buy whatever bikes I can find and lopping off heads to replace?

My local game group does a lot of Bolt Action, and we are moving into the Tank Wars version for North Africa engagements, so I'd like to have some troops not in a transport...
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Bersaglieri motorcycles?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 03:50:58 PM »
Apart from German bikes with sidecars, the only ones I know of are one British dispatch rider by Foundry and a Harley Davidson (I think) but not sure of the maker. There are rumours of French and Dutch motorcycles coming out but the Dutch ones are likely to be German anyway. I'm assuming you mean in 28mm?
Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 04:41:24 PM »
Telling you the scale will help, won't it?  Yes, I need 28mm. All I seem to find on the net is rumors or dead links...

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 05:06:42 PM »
The only ones I can think of, off hand, are the lovely little ones in 15mm from Eureka. In 28mm, alas not. Your best bet is to hope that either Empress or Perry expand their existing ranges. Given the fiasco that was the Perry Miniatures BMW cum circus bike, Empress might be te better bet.

If you plan on using an existing bike as proxy, might I recommend the Tamiya 1/48 BMW and sidecar? It scales well with 28mm, is better detailed and being plastic is a damn sight easier to chop up, if you want to convert. At around ten to twelve quid it's competitive on price.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Etranger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 12:08:25 AM »
The only ones I can think of, off hand, are the lovely little ones in 15mm from Eureka. In 28mm, alas not. Your best bet is to hope that either Empress or Perry expand their existing ranges. Given the fiasco that was the Perry Miniatures BMW cum circus bike, Empress might be te better bet.

Battlefront also have them in 15mm but the Eureka ones are great!
"It's only a flesh wound...."

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 12:52:23 AM »
an italian manufacturer produced some poorly sculpted Bersaglieri motorbikes ...

http://www.strategianova.it/soldatini-e-resine/italiani-la-ii-guerra-mondiale/repubblica-sociale-italiana/bersaglieri
Dans les situations critiques, quand on parle avec un calibre bien en pogne, personne ne conteste plus. Y'a des statistiques là-dessus.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 01:37:45 AM »
an italian manufacturer produced some poorly sculpted Bersaglieri motorbikes ...

http://www.strategianova.it/soldatini-e-resine/italiani-la-ii-guerra-mondiale/repubblica-sociale-italiana/bersaglieri

Wow.  You aren't kidding - those are not...well, good.  Dammit!

If I were to try and convert, does anyone do an easily changed motorbike that would be even close?  The Tamiya 1/48 is an idea (thanks Carlos), but are there Germans whose uniforms aren't too far off, so I could just do a head swap?  I really don't want to break the bank on this, especially as I just dropped my tax refund on a mix of tanks from Warlord, Blitzkrieg, and Company B.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 09:25:55 AM »
Wow.  You aren't kidding - those are not...well, good.  Dammit!

If I were to try and convert, does anyone do an easily changed motorbike that would be even close?  The Tamiya 1/48 is an idea (thanks Carlos), but are there Germans whose uniforms aren't too far off, so I could just do a head swap?  I really don't want to break the bank on this, especially as I just dropped my tax refund on a mix of tanks from Warlord, Blitzkrieg, and Company B.

There is an alternative, that might fit the uniform a lttle better, although the bike and sidecar would be a bigger conversion and that's the Hasegawa Japanese bike. Two to a box but OOP and recently they have been attracting silly prices on ebay.

Offline lou passejaire

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 12:19:49 PM »
a sidecar will come soon , but a French one , and it's a flat twin ...
i have seen elsewhere russian motorbikes WIP too ...
may be some day Michael Perry will release a Bersagileri bike ...

Offline Johnnytodd

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 03:33:13 PM »
Maybe we could start a thread listing the various WW2 motorcycles by scale, brand, maker, country etc.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 09:38:00 PM »
I love the Perry Miniature motorbikes. The revised BMW is very nice. I can utilise the bike without crew which provides for a number of potential vignettes. The Regio Esercito Moto Guzzi TriAlce is also a very nice piece with the addition of separate load (which can be removed), however the driver is in two parts, the lower section is attached to the bike. In addition, the three head options allows for variations and subsequent head conversion for other miniatures. The British three Triumphs and riders are again lovely pieces with many potential options for gamers/collectors.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 11:01:12 PM »
Actually, I reckon their original bikes for Foundry were better sculpts, albeit the wheels were still too small.

http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/our-ranges/worldwar2/german

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 11:22:46 PM »
Actually, I reckon their original bikes for Foundry were better sculpts, albeit the wheels were still too small.

http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/our-ranges/worldwar2/german

Quite agree with you. Lovely model if you prefer the larger size overall.

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 12:23:22 PM »
I'm working on a commission for an undisclosed benefactor for Russian  motorbikes and sidecars
One of the two bike models is the BMW R-75 with sidecar woudl that help?
They are scaled to fit with 28mm as the interface of heroic minis and hard scale machinery is tricky!
They work out at approx 1-48ish.  As the 1/56 are comically small.

I did a trial a few years back

1/56:

1/48:

Compared:

I'll post some pics of the current models in a mo...

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 12:31:22 PM »
Still WIP