Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:23:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SMF Stats - post stats or check out others  (Read 12779 times)

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
Re: SMF Stats - post stats or check out others
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2019, 03:41:39 PM »
I forget the cartoon--does Beast man summon a bunch of critters? If so, this works well. Your He-Man build looks spot-on.

Thanks and yes he controls beasts to fight for him.

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2019, 05:13:53 PM »
Skeletor.....this is a rough idea open to ideas if you think I am off on something but making skeletor a super using blaster archtype.

Move: 6
Body: 6
Psyche: 6

Major : power blast

Minor: super strength, resistance, summoning, teleport, weakness (over confidence)

MA: 5 (+1 super strength)
RA: 6 [2] ( +1[+1] for power blast lowered range to 25" for another reroll)
PA:

MD:5[1] (+1 resistance)
RD:5[2] (+1 resistance, +1 weakness)
PD: 4

Science, arcane

Input is welcomed.
 I chose summoning for the hover bots skeletor controls.
Also I wasnt sure if I stack force and power blast dice ?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 07:24:35 PM by rollntider »

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2019, 07:41:11 PM »
I thought Blaster only had one Major, unless you've done a double Powerhouse.  Would Magic Artifact or the Controller's Power Pool work better to fit his abilities?  Does he need Teleport?

I'd probably make him Science/Arcane or Science/Dimensionalist for his background.

Looking good though, look forward to seeing more.

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2019, 04:09:58 AM »
I thought Blaster only had one Major, unless you've done a double Powerhouse.  Would Magic Artifact or the Controller's Power Pool work better to fit his abilities?  Does he need Teleport?

I'd probably make him Science/Arcane or Science/Dimensionalist for his background.

Looking good though, look forward to seeing more.
I could be wrong I am new to SMF, I saw the 2 powers and it did not say pick one,  so if you see something off let me know. I could have overlooked a rule.

Thanks for the input and I will look those suggestions, if you want to put together a skeletor i would love to see what you come up with.

Now my thinking on skeletor's blaster powers is because of his scorcery and magic powers. I think he shot lightening in the Live action movie (ugh sorry to bring that up lol). Yeah teleport could/would/should probably be in there.

thanks for the input and hope you submit one for skeletor, you have some good ideas.

Also since there were so many skeletor releases, regular, battle armor, terror claws etc, we might can come up with several builds lol.

Is there an official SMF card like watchguard and kitbash uses to create cards for heroes/villains?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:16:46 AM by rollntider »

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2019, 08:28:50 PM »
I've been on a bit of a superhero building spree the last few weeks, working on my 140-odd Heroclix figures, which is why I'm up on the build rules till I jump on then next shiny thing and my mind empties.

I did look up the Blaster's major powers, and in second edition he's limited to choosing one or the other.  I like Magic Artifact (his staff) because it gives him a bunch of powers at the cost of one minor slot, albeit at lower power levels than if he had Power or Force Blast as a major power.  Power Pool is the same way, though there you could give him a Blast as a major, plus four minors that you can re-configure each time you play, which is sorta like the way Skeletor appears in comics or cartoons, he's always up to something different.  And Controller, with Mentalist, are what I see as the two "magician" archetypes.

I do have (unpainted of course) the He-Man metal figures a guy's producing on Etsy, though I was planning on using different rules for them whenever they got painted, but SMF or SuperSystem would also be good rules for them.  I think He-Man as a Paragon or Powerhouse, and Skeletor as a Powerhouse or Super, would be the two above-average characters, then do the rest of the named figures as regular superheros, and the no-name guys as henchmen/summoned/servitors.

Chris

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2019, 10:47:37 PM »
I must need to update my rules because my 2nd ed does not limit the major..... I will check my drive thru account.

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2019, 11:14:01 PM »
That's what it was I got an update. I bought smf2 the day it was released.  Did not realize i needed an update :)

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2019, 03:02:14 PM »
Yes, I just bought 2nd edition in early October and the limit is there.

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2019, 07:47:54 PM »
Skeletor.....based making skeletor a super using blaster archtype.

Move: 6
Body: 6
Psyche: 6

Major : power blast

Minor: super strength, resistance, summoning, teleport, weakness (over confidence)

MA: 5 (+1 super strength)
RA: 6 [2] ( +1[+1] for power blast lowered range to 25" for another reroll)
PA:

MD:5[1] (+1 resistance)
RD:5[2] (+1 resistance, +1 weakness)
PD: 4

Science, arcane
Adjusted....added arcane for criminal, adjusted the major powers for the updated rules removed iron will for teleport. May could drop summoning for something else and just have hover bots be street levels. Maybe magic artifact (his staff)?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 09:10:59 PM by rollntider »

Offline boywundyrx

• Librarian
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2019, 03:08:08 PM »
You can try that as is and see how it feels.  If I recall correctly his power blast would be coming from his staff, so if you add magic artifact, its own power blast is sort of redundant to his major power.  So going with magic artifact probably means thinking about a different archetype.

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2019, 01:28:12 AM »
Hey, folks! On the change to Blaster; the limit on powers was in the manuscript, but got lost in editing. It did not make it into the layout. So when I had a chance to have Todd go back and fix it, I did.

The PDF was updated, so I took the time to update the POD as well.
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2019, 08:57:36 PM »
Thanks four color and boywunder.