Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Space battles project with homebrew rules  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Catullus

• Bookworm
    • My blog
Space battles project with homebrew rules
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:05:18 PM »
Here's a spaceship combat game I designed over the Christmas holiday – way back in 2009! You can download it here:

captainferk.blogspot.com

It's written solely to please me and the people I game with, so I'm not expecting anybody to drop their current spaceship game(s) of choice for mine. I'm just reviving a mini-project I made and forgot about so, if anybody else finds something useful in it, that's a bonus.

If I can find time, I'm hoping to produce some kind of proper space battle drawing for the cover.

I’ve rediscovered various starships from Ground Zero Games in my loft. They were multipart miniatures that were quite fragile and at the time I didn't have the ability or the tools to make them more sturdy. As I reassemble and fix the damaged paintjobs, I'll post pictures of my progress.  
Bloggy blog blog: www.nerdlard.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Yuber Okami

• Scientist
    • Huestes de Arcana - The blog!
Re: Space battles project with homebrew rules
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 06:53:28 AM »
Have you tried those rules?

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 12:10:57 AM »
Surprised not more interest here - rules look great and look forward seeing progress on the ships.

Offline Catullus

• Bookworm
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 10:44:45 PM »
Yuber Okami – I'm not sure what you mean? If you mean the rules I wrote then, yes, I have tried them! If you posted a link to another set of rules then I can't see them in your post

Golgotha – it's probably because I've not bothered keeping this thread up to date. I got sidetracked by work and now I'm fooling around with other projects, so don't hold your breath! I currently have one force reassembled and retouched. The second force needs one more ship from GZG to complete the lineup and then painting. I'm looking at various Chris Foss colour schemes so painting could take a while…