Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:17:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: HLBS modern question  (Read 2551 times)

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
HLBS modern question
« on: March 17, 2009, 03:29:45 AM »
Greetings,
I was thinking about ordering some of these sets and was wondering do they come in parts? legs, torsos,arms , weapons or are they complete cast. I have seen the great work in this forum from MAJsmith and was thinking of getting the set of U.S. that he painted  and would like to convert some so was wondering about the make up of sets, also any reason why the HLBS web site is down? can't seem to get into their cataloge pages. Also was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a 1/48 scale BMP 1/2 for a diorama I am currently working on.
Thanks Derek 

Online v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
Re: HLBS modern question
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 09:09:55 AM »
As far as I know, the figures are a bit of both - they seem to be single cast toroso's, etc with some provision to have weapons (and occasionally arms) seperate.

As for the BMP - I guess someone like Kitec must do one, but I don't remember having seen one...
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 04:47:59 PM »
Dragon,
Thanks for the update , I am wondering though if anyone out there has painted examples of the french para's  I would like to get some of these for a game project set in Africa with all notable badguys as well , I would use the European terrorist for Mercenaries and have Nato like peace keepers from other ranges.
Tanks again
D

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:03:04 PM »
the hlbs modern stuff is awesome, ive done some americans and arabs recently, they come with separate arms, ive been looking for a BMP 1 in 1/48th scale and havent seen one so far....

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 09:23:42 PM »
Hey Major,
It was your modern U.S. infantry that has relite this fire under my lower half, fantastic job BTW,I have located a BMP 1-2 It is from a french outfit called Propaganda Kompany they have lots of 1/48 stuff on their webpage I have just never ordered from them so can't attest to quality but it looks to be the only game in town for 1/4 scale of course there is the sloppy jalopy ? don't know how that scales out? who did you order HLBSC from did you go direct or did you use RLBS? I'm just wondering for shipping times.
Please do post more of your stuff it was great! do you have any other sets you are currently working on from the other ranges I.E. Russians, French , Brits,or enemy combatants.
Thanks D

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 06:28:55 PM »
thanks, i ordered straight from hlbs, they are very good, excellent service, the only other figures i have are some downed pilots and also some modern germans that i havent started yet, heres the pilots, oh thanks for the link to a bmp!

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 02:10:33 AM »
Major,
The pilots look great!!! hope the link is what you needed I'm thinking of the PK BMP myself as it is 1/48 and not 1/56 like sloppy jalopy, The picture of the U.S. troops had a vehicle in the back ground who makes it and do you know where I could get more modern cars or trucks Might have to give my SOF a pickup if I can find one in the right scale, How are the germans BTW I might get some to go with the whole NATO theme.
Thanks D

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 01:11:58 PM »
i just looked on ebay for the cars, old Renault and Mercedes seem pretty apt for the middle east... the cars are 1/43rd scale but look about right, there are alot of Chinese sellers on eBay with some really unusual vehicles at pretty good prices