Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:01:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689770
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My personal project... Sculpting Spanish for Late 17 century.officer added!12/06  (Read 3110 times)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Great sculpts  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline jcspqr

• Librarian
These look great.  Will you be making more variants of the pike/musketeer for sale commercially?

Jim

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
Hi Jim, yes, my idea is to create more variants, a company contacted me and we may launch a subrange of this mini line of figures

Here you can se a comparison shot of various manufacturers of the period
L-R Warfare Miniatures, Phoenix Miniatures, Northstar 1672, my miniatures, Northstar 1672, Dixon, Front Rank
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:14:05 PM by chema1986 »

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Very nice posture for the officer, when painted it'll look gorgeous!
Keep up the good job!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
Yes, excellent sculpts all around. You should definitely cast the figures open-handed so that people can choose which wire pike diameter they like best.

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
Lovely sculpts.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
These figures really are excellent.  The musketeer may be my favorite so far.

-Michael

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
Thank you all guys :), yes, the pikemen and some musketeers and dragoons will be open handed. I will post the metal examples soon.

Cheers

Offline jcspqr

• Librarian
Any new sculpts to show off?

Jim

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
Hello ! yes the first two I have them in metal now. I will paint them this summer, and have an officer and a cuirassier.  I have problems with Photobucket, as you can see :(  when I find another way to post pics, I will update this !

Offline jcspqr

• Librarian
Anything new to report on this project?

Jim

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
Hi Jim ! Yes,  well, first of all, my photobucket account was limited, so I have not been able to post new pics of anything :( but  4 of the sclupts are now metal. The pikeman, the foot dragoon, the officer and a cuirassier. I want to expand more my collection with more poses and models.  Recently a friend and me "discovered" a method to do "new" figures: He is a dentist and has a special software which can scan a mini of any other scale, and then print it in a 3d printer but in a different scale ! It sounds like magic for me, but is really posible. We will try it in January with these 1/72 miniatures and try to make them in 28mm... the size is similar and the detail "in flesh" is good: http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.aspx?id=2322

When I finish painting my own design, I will show them here with other photo hosting than photobucket. Thanks for your interest!

Cheers

Chema

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
This technology sounds fascinating. Please do post pictures - good or bad. I'm sure people will be very interested. Presumably, if it works, one could take, for example, Perry 40mm figures and 'convert' them into 28mm.........

Offline chema1986

• Scientist
Hi Paul, yes of course, as soon as we try that i will post the example. My friend already has succeded in printing models from software designs. He strongly believes he can scan a miniature with with dental scanner, which takes a myriad of pics of the mini from different angles, then make a digital “map” of the mini and simply change the size and print it ( with a +1000£ 3d printer) and voila ! You can convert the scale of any miniature... I almost cant believe it but it is really posible. Of course it would be illegal to make any profit with your scanned reprinted miniatures but you can use them for yourself. Im looking forward to see what happens.

Cheers

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
That would be a holy grail of miniature collecting, with the myriad of different scales out there.