Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:53:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690468
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ironclad - A Medieval PLog  (Read 65329 times)

Offline Ultra Magnus

• Student
Re: Ironclad - A Medieval PLog
« Reply #300 on: February 14, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
Maybe you can still post the picture you have been saving before you go for a while?  ;)

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #301 on: February 14, 2019, 09:57:45 PM »
You've convinced me.

I have been saving this picture for a while now hoping I'd have some time to create a few more shots that would match this one in some kind of series. I've not been able to really land the idea in a result I'm happy with. I will keep trying of course but since I am moving soon I figured I would post it already.

It is one of those pictures that grew somewhat organically. I worked out where everything was supposed to go as I was looking through the lens and making everything match and work out. Those are the most fun to do because you can really make something great step by step.

This picture also features several of the yeomen I've been working on and that are now almost finished.

I named it: Cold Steel

This is one of my absolute favorites so far. Together with Be Without Fear and Lionheart.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:26:04 PM by Breazer »

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #302 on: February 15, 2019, 07:56:00 AM »
You can't imagine how happy I am when I'm looking at your pictures!
They are so inspiring and show us to how greater dimensions our hobby can expand!
Just figure out that so many other great modelers just keep some excellent models confined in their closets...
I admire the time you spend for your setups until what you see through your focus satisfies your aesthetics!
You have tamed your photographic lens  ;D
The snow is some Photoshop filter, or... ?
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #303 on: February 15, 2019, 07:58:14 AM »
I am not sure what is best your modelling skills, your painting skills or your photography skills. But all together it sure is awesome.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #304 on: February 15, 2019, 01:32:44 PM »
Yup.. all of those scenes are movie quality.

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #305 on: February 15, 2019, 07:32:08 PM »
Thank you all so much.

@din: it is. I also edit the pictures to make everything a bit more as one universe altogether.

Offline TheABG

• Student
« Reply #306 on: February 19, 2019, 07:40:07 PM »
These are beautiful models. How did you create the pennant banners to look good and survive transport and game play?

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2019, 03:23:28 PM »
The pennants are just paper glued together with regular hobby glued. I fold them around different size brushes when the glue is still wet to get the shapes. then it dries just like this and it is quite sturdy.

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #308 on: April 20, 2019, 10:40:11 AM »
Hey there,

I have been terrible in keeping this up to date. I have moved into a new home and I think we have finally settled in enough in order to make some new pictures again. I have been working on some new units and as I round them out I will post them here again.

This is one of them for now. He is another kitbash. I have been trying some new things with colours and adding some details to some of these guys.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #309 on: April 20, 2019, 04:19:50 PM »
Welcome! Always longing to see some new works from you! Cheers!

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #310 on: April 30, 2019, 02:36:58 PM »
Hey there friends,

The last couple of weeks I have been working hard on picking up my medievals project. I really enjoy coming back to this with new ideas each time.

My dream has always been to have this basic set up of two armies done and to just be able to expand on them with whatever I feel like. I am closing in on this now and I have never been more motivated to get there. Next to that I have been trying out new things to make my miniatures look more interesting. It is sometimes really tedious to have to kitbash everything but it also offers great options to try out certain things.

I have half of the white men at arms done with the speartip as weapon. They will all be carrying handweapons and shield. Most of them will be swords because I think its a very iconic weapon for medieval times. I think it should be featured a lot in my armies.

This is a small taste I suppose of what that "whatever I like" looks like. A unit with no set allegiance (like the red or the blue side)
I can just pick these up and field them on either side and make the armies a bit brighter and varried.

That brings me to my next unit.
They are an extension of the yellow knight I have painted before. He still lacks a unit but I really like his colours. Fun fact I always pick yellow as my go to colour in boardgames but I have never painted a yellow army before. Maybe this is a step in the right direction.

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2019, 02:38:31 PM »
Finally I worked on the blue knights. Robert the Broken Hearted's own unit. I wasn't happy with them before and I think these look a lot better.
The one on the left used to carry a different shield and colours. Now he serves a new lord!

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2019, 03:04:35 PM »
Excellent painting and photography again. Excellent call on adding the dark red to the heraldry on the yellow knights. All of these should look amazing on a gaming table! Will you do scenic shots as seen before again with these as well?

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #313 on: April 30, 2019, 03:58:52 PM »
I have a cool shot in mind that I need to prepare some things for. Since I have no printer in the new house it all takes a bit longer.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #314 on: April 30, 2019, 08:06:01 PM »
All very nice indeed  :-*