Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:50:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686487
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Ambassador's residence  (Read 24246 times)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
Re: The Ambassador's residence
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2018, 07:58:58 AM »
Great buildings, nice terrain. But one question: Why do you put it on grandma's old tablecloth? Maybe a gaming mat would support the beautiful terrain.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Online tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2018, 08:44:39 AM »
Great looking table.

I'm impressed with what you've managed to do with the Warbase terrain. Especially given it's so basic and lacking in detail,in comparison to their Roman,and Russian ranges.
You've definitely managed to turn them into something interesting.

Mark.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2018, 01:47:18 PM »
Your buildings are ace.
Love them.
Will have to check out Warbase.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline flatpack

• Mastermind
  • Hiding in the shed
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2018, 02:26:27 PM »
Thanks for the comments on the buildings.
I agree that I will, at sometime, have to give my grandma back her tablecloth.  lol
Flatpack

Offline flatpack

• Mastermind
  • Hiding in the shed
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2018, 08:08:08 AM »
Grandma’s cloth out again, but this time with scatter to cover the tea stains  lol

Another great game of TMWWBK, from yesterday in the bunker.

Chance to get out the Indian Mutiny figures and throw a game together.

Ok, so the disloyal Indian forces are besieging the British fort, when along comes Colonial Ashcroft and the relief force, includinding Cunningham’s Gentlemen of horse (don’t ask).

The Indians are obviously not too happy about the British crashing their party, so try to do something about it, so they go on the attack, and try to catch the British, before they are ready to play.

Sepoys mass, ready to attack the relief force

Unfortunately this is not the best plan in the world and Colonial Ashcroft’s light infantry cut the sepoys to pieces.

BEFORE

AFTER

On the right hand side of the battlefield, the Indians turn the artillery from targeting the fort, onto Cunningham’s gentlemen of horse

All in all, the Indian Sepoys got a right good kickin, but we got to roll dice, drink beer, and eat butties.
Isn’t that what wargaming all about ? If I remember correctly, it’s called fun.

Last few sepoys disappear to fight another day.

Captain Cunningham, of Cunningham’s gentlemen of horse fame.

I hope you enjoy the report.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 09:29:23 PM by flatpack »

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2018, 09:34:24 AM »
Nice report and I agree with you that fun is the goal. Tea stains are a plus in this case lol
LB
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Online vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2018, 10:13:36 AM »
It was a cracking , if one sided game. Once I get my photos up, I can throw more light on the details of what happened at the other end of the table with the mutineer's artillery and the fate of Cunningham's Gentlemen of Horse.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2018, 11:37:47 AM »
Nice one! The old tablecloth doesn't look too bad at all with all that scatter on it. I wouldn't want to have to clean it all up, mind.  :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2018, 02:04:18 PM »
+1 to the it was fun. I did try to be impartial, well I was umpire, but when my lovely Sepoys got a right royal pasting I let slip, "WE are getting hammered".  The worst of OUR bad luck was when a tribal unit (16 figs.) managed to get within attack range unscathed, only
to find the Gurkha unit that MIGHT stop them was led by an officer 'Destined for greatness'  (part of the fun of the rules is the character traits given to unit officers. This particular trait gives the possibility of a double move. Colonel Ashcroft ordered "Close order!" followed by,"Volley fire!" As it turned out this was at short range (ouch) Colonel Ashcroft (AKA 'Dice-master') threw the bones for his 12 figures....eight casualties they inflicted. End of the attack upon 'Death-Star hill. End of the Mutineer's hopes.

Praise was also given to:-
Vodkafan for successfully firing the antiquated Mutineer artillery without them blowing up (a local rule) something I have never
               managed,  and managing to NOT hit his own troops with the rockets, again something I have failed to do. (again local rule,
               but next time we will revert to Sharpe Practice for the Rocket rules, much more entertaining)
Cunningham for getting BOTH the Sailors and the Gentlemen of Horse to advance;
Flatpack for Bacon & Sausage batches with Hash browns and drinks (both hot & cold) WHILE conducting what turned out to be a
             suicidal attack on Ashlawn hill.

A happy time was had by all, & that is what (in my opinion) it is what it is all about

Online vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2018, 11:26:50 PM »
Here are a few more pics from the game. I apologise for the poor quality, I am experimenting with a new phone.

Here are my Mutineer's two guns (and their prime movers) and a rocket crew atop a building:

I also had a horde of 16 Badmash tribal Indians, armed mostly with melee weapons.
Immediately facing them readying for the off was the scratch squadron of Cunningham's Gentleman Horse, and a unit of sailors under command. It was obvious they would try to relieve the fort we were besieging.
Farther back he had two field guns, but they were not initially in range to fire on me.

The first thing I did was advance my tribal troops across the road, mainly to get them away from the guns in case they blew up when I tried to fire!

But I need not have worried. The guns never refused to fire.  The cavalry I considered the biggest danger to me so I trained both barrels on Cunningham at long range just as he was forming up, and cut his force down to half size .  Shocked and pinned, he wouldn't be going anywhere for a while.

The Indians atop the building fired off a rocket...

It obliterated a shrub.

I could however not stop the British sailors advancing. They were elite and under the rules got a free movement. They quickly crossed the intervening ground in close order and as soon as they were in rifle range did gruesome work upon my tribal horde.

I switched the nearest gun to firing at the sailors and over two turns depleted their number by a quarter, but they never failed their morale or suffered a pin. In their two turns their withering rifle fire blew away my tribal mutineers like so much chaff in the wind. I started off with 16!

Not surprisingly the few that were left soon ran away and my guns were left exposed to the attention of the advancing stalwart sailors. In addition Cunningham had by now brought his two field guns down and began to sling cannon balls. Both my gun crews suffered casualties, but were never put out of action by the enemy.

At the other end of the table the events already told of were reaching their unhappy (for us) conclusion.
Here is the last desperate assault of the few remaining mutineer sepoy units, who had already suffered some casualties:

And here is the British line of Gurkhas and loyal sepoys waiting for them on the ridge..

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 11:37:38 PM by vodkafan »

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2018, 05:40:42 PM »
Great battle report. Sounds like a very good game despite being on the losing side.

Online vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2018, 07:09:50 PM »
Great battle report. Sounds like a very good game despite being on the losing side.

It was enormous fun. I have noticed I seem to be quite lucky with dice rolls if I am given the artillery to play with.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2018, 08:13:37 PM »

It was enormous fun. I have noticed I seem to be quite lucky with dice rolls if I am given the artillery to play with.

So I now know what role to not give you if we ever do the Charge of the Light Brigade.

Online vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2018, 10:33:29 PM »

So I now know what role to not give you if we ever do the Charge of the Light Brigade.

Ah but wait, who knows ? I have never commanded any cavalry yet, I might be even luckier with horses..

Offline flatpack

• Mastermind
  • Hiding in the shed
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2018, 06:35:47 AM »
Here we go again....