Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:45:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Florian's SciFi Forces: Update January 2023: Pulp & PostApoc in 20mm  (Read 37488 times)

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Just Vanguard Marines.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
SLAP not-Space Marines.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 03:21:40 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Even the various elements are interchangeable! Slap Powerfist on Vanguard Sergeant. And a Space Marine Hero built from Slap parts.

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
They don't look too bad together at all do they? I think the Novas are perhaps slightly better proportioned.

Offline Troublemaker Games

• Bookworm
They don't look too bad together at all do they? I think the Novas are perhaps slightly better proportioned.
Skinny thighs, though. I was going for a thinner "basketballer" aesthetic but may have slightly overdone it. Thanks though. Yours are great too. :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 04:15:49 PM by Troublemaker Games »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Skinny thighs, though. I was going for a thinner "basketballer" aesthetic but may have slightly overdone it. Thanks though. Yours are great too. :)

What I really liked was, that single part of either of you worked on the other line.

Nice sculpting, ladz!

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker

Well we learn these things as we go along don't we?  lol

What I really liked was, that single part of either of you worked on the other line.

Nice sculpting, ladz!

Cheers!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Currently I'm stuck in an immobilized train. Yesterday storms took out large parts of Germany's railways, and even today the north still suffers from the damage.

While I'm frustrated over the delays and even furious that the bar is closed (!!!), I have at least internet.

So to idle away my time, I'll post some other recent pictures.

Here is a Hasslefree not-squat painted as an inquisitor type in terminator armor!

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Blue Moon SF models, I think they're called posthumans, and they make pretty good 15mm Eldar!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:40:20 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
A real gem and one of the first 15s I ever painted. Must be around 2010 or so. It's a not-Navigator from MJ Miniatures. The transparent plastic has some "flaws" and is cast pretty roughly. On the tabletop, however, it does give you the illusion the navigator is indeed levitating or swimming inside his tank. That's pretty much spot on Dune!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:40:40 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Chaos rules supreme on the railway. I just saw a train headed into the direction I want to go, that I was told wouldn't go because of internal damages, leave - without me -, while the one I'm in, which was said to run, is waiting because the train personel is still stuck in another train, that is delayed...

How about these. Khurasan Ursids. Lovely models and totally whacky. Don't hide their honey or sleep in their beds!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 06:41:09 PM by DivisMal »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
A last one for today. This is an old matchbox model I own since I was in the Kindergarten.
I pimped it with Ramshackle's excellent 20mm gunners, which are, in fact, large 15s, and Ramshackle vehicle options.

I like the result a lot and it's a centrepiece of my Genestealer Cult, something like a war rig for the great father!

When I see it now, I think there need to be more light reflections on the frontal window.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
Finally, the guys who will "drive" my train have arrived and I hope to get home within the next hour or so... lol lol lol lol

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
I hope you finally got home!

This is a great batch of updates - I particularly like the 'eldar' - how were the castings? I've found Blue Moon to be a bit hit and miss. These look great though.

By the way, not forgotten about the Eureka orcs, I'll drop you a message later.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
I hope you finally got home!

This is a great batch of updates - I particularly like the 'eldar' - how were the castings? I've found Blue Moon to be a bit hit and miss. These look great though.

By the way, not forgotten about the Eureka orcs, I'll drop you a message later.

Yes, I arrived at half past eleven in the little town where my wife lives, and we found a McD that was still open. Not my favorite, but home afterall.

To the Blue Moon question: My castings were pretty good, but there was a lot of flash on them. I still have another pack that will also make good Eldar.

Some of the  old GW metal Epic stuff can also be used very well but I haven't finished them, yet.