Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:49:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Exiledadmiral's Post Apocalypse - Chryslus Highwayman  (Read 12547 times)

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
Re: Exiledadmiral's Fallout stuff - Vault Interior WIP
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2017, 11:59:41 PM »
I like what you've done with the power armour and the OSL on the blue light. To prove that great minds think alike (or that fools seldom differ  ;)) I too have placed a recent order for some BVM miniatures.  Can you provide a link for the shapeways page from whch you ordered?

Thanks Muzfish, that should be really useful. Were you using miniature paints for it or something else?

I used miniatures paint for this. Primarily Vallejo but with AP washes/inks. Some of the weathering was done wth the Vallejo air paints as they flowed better. I was surprised by how effective the Vallejo grey wash/ink was on the pink tiles.  The weathering powder was from Secret Weapon, picked up super cheap.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: Exiledadmiral's Fallout stuff - Power Armoured Hero
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »
Great paintjob on that power armour!

Offline Gargobot

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2017, 11:10:30 AM »
A fallout log I haven't seen before - with some lovely painted minis too!
I really like the Children of the Cathedral. Where are the non-priest models from?

Oh and congrats on getting married. :D

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 06:02:14 PM »
Thanks again Muzfish, Brother Vinni's models are hard to resist, it'll be good to see your take on them. I have a habit of placing large orders to save paying postage twice (or that's what I tell myself) so I've got the other Brotherhood guys and a deathclaw to paint too.

The shapeways link is: https://www.shapeways.com/product/BDP6Y744K/28mm-wastefall-pa-helmets?optionId=58834615&li=marketplace
If you search wastefall he does a variety of good bits, I also bought the wastefall weapons for conversions, they're great quality but smaller than most heroic scale weapons.
I'll try some weathering with miniature inks and things then, cheers for the advice.

A fallout log I haven't seen before - with some lovely painted minis too!
I really like the Children of the Cathedral. Where are the non-priest models from?

Oh and congrats on getting married. :D

Thanks Gargobot! The non priest miniatures were from ebay i'm afraid, can't remember seeing a manufacturer's mark on them.

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 10:11:43 PM »
Heyup everyone, another week another mini or two! Anyone remember this guy?

I have attempted my own version and a pal for him from some Perry native Americans and my shapeways bits. Boss man has a T51b helmet, ripper and M3 'grease gun', how buddy has a slightly rusty pipe rifle.

I'm pretty pleased with them! I'll have to make some more to go along with them, got to say I really enjoyed putting them together. More angles in the gallery : https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ufM3J

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
Re: Exiledadmiral's Fallout stuff - Tribal Scavengers 27.11.17
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2017, 11:39:41 PM »
Great job. Gives me a real burst of nostalgia too!
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2017, 12:00:19 AM »

PERFECT!  :-*

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Anpu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Life in the vault is about to change...
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 11:13:47 AM »
Sweet!

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2017, 10:33:42 AM »
 8) Very cool tribal scavvies!  8)  8)

Cheers
Matt

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2017, 05:02:14 PM »
Cheers for the comments! I've managed to finish off some more of my Brotherhood of Steel knights this weekend. I've not painted much the past week because I've been replaying Fallout 4, it's good to get back to the source material.

I'm pretty pleased with them. I swapped out one guy's hand for a pointing hand and replaced the T51b helmet with one of my shapeways ones again. The freehand on the BoS symbols could be better, but it's a learning process.

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Re: Exiledadmiral's Fallout stuff - Brotherhood of Steel squad 10.12.17
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2017, 06:49:54 PM »
Well made, sir.  Those are some bad ass BoS.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
Re: Exiledadmiral's Fallout stuff - Brotherhood of Steel squad 10.12.17
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2017, 10:19:19 PM »
Well made, sir.  Those are some bad ass BoS.

Thanks Sinewgrab, was checking out your thread today, absolutely inspiring. Will have to go back and check the other two threads as well.

For today I bring you a super mutant made from a fantasy football ogre. It's a conversion I did over a year ago when I got back into the hobby but I looked at it the other day and thought the paint job was pretty shoddy so I've spruced him up.

One of him menacing the Children of the Cathedral for scale :

And a before and after :

Figured i'd try to do some freehand and give him some personality and I'm pleased with how it turned out. I was going to do more with the base but everything i tried looked daft between his legs so I left him simple. I know the weapon has no real equivalent in fallout (except for maybe a ripper on steroids) but it looks cool and if. I wanted to change it now I might chip the paint. And I'm lazy.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Re: Exiledadmiral's Fallout stuff - Super Mutant with mega ripper 13.12.17
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2017, 07:14:02 AM »
Great super mutant! Love the body armour made out of a sign!

Offline Gargobot

• Librarian
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2017, 03:36:04 AM »
Great painting, especially the update on the Super Mutant.
Great kitbashing on the tribals too. I've been eyeing that woodland indians box for a long time myself, pretty sure I'll get one now.

Offline Exiledadmiral

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2018, 09:44:02 AM »
Hello all, been doing some fantasy bits recently and let my post apocalypse stuff sit on the back burner but I'm back! I'm intending to start a proper table with proper scenery, currently I've got printed card stuff that looks good from a distance but lacks detail or texture. I've painted up Fenryll's water purifier to start, although I think mine got irradiated somewhere along the way  ;)

I ordered some more scenery and a battle mat that was dispatched Monday and has yet to arrive so I think the Royal Mail may have lost it  >:(

On another note I've ordered some bits from Amera plastic mouldings, great value by the looks but I was wondering whether anyone has any tips for a good filler material to give the thin plastic a little more bulk at the rear? Cheers!