Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:53:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: New Warband! Roberto's journey (Jan. 17: Ranger, Warband done! Dragon, Yeti)  (Read 6934 times)

Offline spect_spidey

• Scientist
Re: New Warband! Roberto's journey (Sept. 12: Nullmen, Knight, Crow Master, etc.)
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2017, 09:34:59 PM »
Great work on the crow master. Is it really a female sculpt or did you modify the mini? I had never seen any images of the back of it so I didn't know it had a braided ponytail. I am tempted to get one even if they are metal.

Offline Ulli

• Assistant
Re: New Warband! Roberto's journey (Sept. 12: Nullmen, Knight, Crow Master, etc.)
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 10:41:34 AM »
I really love it! Both minis and cards.

You've mentioned the crow master and his/her bird doing well in battle. I find them very interesting, but haven't field one yet.
What could you tell us about playing the crow master?

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »
Wow your magic pits/wells look awesome! Great use of water effects. Love the starry look!

Your minis are amazingly painted as well!

BTW what is your method for the snow effect on your terrain. Looks ace!

Thanks!
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=93295.0

Great work on the crow master. Is it really a female sculpt or did you modify the mini? I had never seen any images of the back of it so I didn't know it had a braided ponytail. I am tempted to get one even if they are metal.

I didn't do anything with the model, so this is how -she- was sculpted :). Really cool model and fun to paint.

I really love it! Both minis and cards.

You've mentioned the crow master and his/her bird doing well in battle. I find them very interesting, but haven't field one yet.
What could you tell us about playing the crow master?

The Crow Master is one of my favorite choices in the game. The Crow Master makes an *excellent* treasure hunter. She's so expendable and perfect to grab treasures and move away. Always sucks if you have to have your Barbarian carry treasures for instance. But the Crow is what makes it such a good choice. Move 9 without being affected by scenery is huge! You can fly up, hide behind a wall and during your next turn you can move into contact with a Wizard or Apprentice to tie them up, move within 1" of a treasure to prevent enemies from picking them up, engaging archers and crossbowmen, etc.
The Crow gives so much options and has so much freedom. And it is totally expendable. If it's killed, you get a new one for free.
Just don't see the combination of models as efficient fighters. They suck at fighting. But that is okay, the game offers enough good fighters already. These two give other tactical options, making them super.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Ulli

• Assistant
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2017, 11:18:21 AM »
Ha!
That's all what I thought when I read about them.
Thanx for pointing that out.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
These were painted some weeks ago, so time to put them online!

Thief
http://An excellent model by Reaper and perfect for a Thief. The colours I chose are a bit more muted than on the oldskool miniatures I painted but I wanted him to be a bit more natural in colours. And once again P3 Sanguine Base is perfect for shading such greens. It works so well!

Failed Wretches

I really struggled with the Failing Wretches…I just couldn’t think of a suitable and cool daemon model for it. And the official one is not my thing. And then my eyes fell on these creepy clowns (from Mad Clown Miniatures)…and I knew what models I would pick!
Since they’re daemons they can take whatever form. And clowns make perfect daemons IMO. They’re freaky and can be outright scary. And I have some other clown models to use as other daemons, so this will be one hell of a circus!

Ambronnax and the Ranger will be next! And then I will have finished my entire warband too. Excellent.

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
Re: New Warband! Roberto's journey (Nov. 6: Thief & Failing Wretches)
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2017, 10:30:30 AM »
Love the thief, and that's an inspired choice for the wretches - bravo!
Looking forward to seeing what you use for the other demons.

Offline pacarat

• Mad Scientist
    • pacarat.blogspot.com
Re: New Warband! Roberto's journey (Nov. 6: Thief & Failing Wretches)
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2017, 10:49:40 PM »
great looking figures and terrain!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
About time I did an update. And one I am very happy to do...as I finished the warband!

Ranger

Yes, the old Warhammer Quest Elf. A nice miniature, which I painted in the classic colours from the artwork. A bit of a hassle as you might imagine, but I like the end result. A great miniature from yesteryear and fantastic as Ranger in Frostgrave.

Warband

Woohoo! Another Warband finished. So cool to do this one with all of the retro miniatures. Maybe one day I will add some more oldies, but for now the warband's finished and it's time to paint up a new one!

Yeti

A fast Reaper Bones paintjob. Basically took me an hour! Long live lots of fur. Excellent model for a White Gorilla and I can't wait to see him on the table.

Young Dragon

I bought Spellcaster #2 yesterday and thus I wanted to paint a Dragon! Seemed wise to start with a young one. My wife picked the main colours: purple and gold. Aye aye captain! Cool colours too, different from what I'd picked. Which is cool, so I paint some different colours too.

Next up will be Vampires...as we're playing the minicampaign from the Folio...

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
Jaw-dropping work as usual mate!
I love that ranger mini, and you've really done him justice. That's a warband anyone would be proud to play.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Thanks mate! It feels good to have finished it and it was so much fun painting all those old plastic GW miniatures.

And my next warband will be very, very different...here's the sculpt for the Wizard...omnomnom...

Yes! Chibis! I have bought the Super Dungeon Explore Forgotten King box and two expansion boxes. And it seemed to me that it would be nice to paint miniatures for Frostgrave AND for SDE at the same time! win-win!