Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:23:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters League Season 11 - the winners and results  (Read 12860 times)

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
As the good Captain and the good Admiral both are “out of office”, I have been asked to perform the closing ceremony of this year’s LPL. We’d give you the leaderboard, they said, and we’d close the voting, so you just need to step to the front of the stage and make your speech. Sure, I said, I’d be happy to do that as it gives me the chance to say thank you to both guys for running the league. Cheers, guys, amazing performance from both of you, you worked together as a very well attuned team and we all much appreciate your efforts! Also, I’d like to thank to Westfalia Chris for his excellent work on further developing and maintaining of the magical Excel spread sheet with all the lists, points, pairings, leaderboard and so on.

Well, another year, another LPL, another race. 38 members, more than 300 scenes, goodness knows how many painted miniatures, I really didn’t count them and in the case that someone did, please don’t hesitate to tell us :) Anyways, I just want to say thank you to all participants for taking on this burden again and for keeping posting new teams from week to week. It’s great to see that LPL spirit doesn’t die and that we again did manage to get together a great amount of people ready to fight through the ten weeks.

And not to forget another very important part of the race, all the voters, coming week for week and giving their votes to the entries and keeping alive the show.  Thanks, guys, we appreciate every single vote of you!

And now let’s have a look at the triad of winners of Lead Painters League 11.

Third place goes to the undisputed master of free-hand painting, the brilliant Neldoreth! His ability to deliver loads of beautifully painted shields again and again was absolutely astonishing :) Top notch work, Joe!

Second place goes to the man with the most beautiful diorama quality scenes in this season, the marvelous Lt.Hazel! He displayed not only a gorgeous combination of first class painting skills but also an unmatched great sense of perspective and scenery setting. Well done, Jan!

First place goes to one of the LAF and LPL old hands, our global moderator and this time a global winner, the fabulous Captain Blood! Perfection is the word that strikes my mind when I’m trying to define the quality of his work. Everything on his scenes is right, the painting, the scenery, the highlights, the contrasts, the choice of figures and dozens of other small things and details. Virtuosic work, Richard!

Well and now that the winners are named I would like to present the very last leaderboard of the Season Eleven, prepared and sent to me by Admiral Benbow before he had left “the office“. But first I officially declare the eleventh season of the LPL concluded! I am looking forward to Season Twelve and I hope to meet you again next year on this board.

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
Re: The Lead Painters League Season 11 - the winners and results
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »
Congratulations to the winner!

Congratulations to the runners up!

Congratulations to all who entered - no matter where you came in the scores, you beat everyone who did not enter.   ;)

And hearty thanks to all who organised or helped.   :)

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 10:57:56 AM »
Congratulation to all the Winners, and thanks to everyone who entered, helped organize and voted. It's been great fun again entering and I'm already looking forward to next year.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 11:03:29 AM »
Congratulations, and thanks to all the hard-working coordinators.
 8) 8) 8)

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 11:10:22 AM »
A hearty congratulations to the winners and all who took part. It was a joy to see all the entries in all the rounds and was always such a difficult task in choosing where to put my vote. Great competition!! :)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 11:25:10 AM »
Well done to all who entered :o :o :o
Braver than me
And well done Richard another great win

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 11:39:09 AM »
Well done to the winners and all those who entered. Sundays won't be the same now.

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 11:43:01 AM »
Huzzah!! I enjoyed and appreciated ALL of the efforts. Brilliant work fellows :-* :-* Once again I am awed by the skills of the membership.
Lon
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline boneio

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 12:46:01 PM »
Congrats to all! As the first LPL I've had the pleasure of voting in, I've thoroughly enjoyed browsing the entries and will miss voting on Sunday evenings while I put the kids to bed. I suppose I can console myself with going through previous years.

As well as the quality and variety of entries, what struck me most was how difficult it was to choose between entries sometimes.

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »
Congratulations to everyone involved!  The hard work and dedication is very appreciated from the painters to moderators working in the background. Great season!

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 03:02:17 PM »
Thanks to the organizers for all the work running the LPL, and congrats to the winners.

There were some highly decorative shields in the entries of the top three leaderboard positions :)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 03:11:43 PM »
Splendid show all round chaps  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 03:24:32 PM »
Congratulations and very well done to everyone who took part and organised this fantastic contest.

I've enjoyed seeing the entries and voting on them.

Tony

Offline Jagannath

• Mastermind
    • Blades and Blasters
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 03:39:37 PM »
Congrats Richard and all the other entrants. Cheers for putting in the LPL - thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 03:52:55 PM »
Fix!

Er, I mean Well done, Captain. And everyone else who put in the hard yards. It's a real slog, I know. Once was enough for me, but I'm mighty glad others don't feel the same way, as the LPL season is always a great time of year for LAF. :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...