Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:38:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686665
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters League Season 11 - the winners and results  (Read 12861 times)

Offline valleyboy

• Mad Scientist
    • Valleyboy's Wargames
Re: The Lead Painters League Season 11 - the winners and results
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2017, 09:44:27 AM »
Congratulations to all participants
I really enjoyed seeing your efforts and appreciate what a challenge it is to take part
Thank you all
I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. - Winston Churchill

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2017, 08:47:25 PM »
Congratulations to the top finishers - you guys deserve it! I have been out leading a school tour, and am just now heading home, getting a chance to check out the finish!

Well done, all!

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2017, 01:28:47 AM »
Thanks to all the hard working participants and moderators for another very enjoyable LPL.
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline khartoum2

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2017, 12:08:29 PM »
Watch out.. I will take it from you next year ;D

95 votes different after 10 rounds - Its a tie position 13 and 1/2 each me thinks

Looking forward to competing against you next year Awu

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2017, 10:33:42 PM »
Another fine season completed. Thanks to all parties involved as listed in this topic.

I've probably said this before, but compared to many other challenges and displays out there, I really like two rare aspects of LPL, namely:

1) the sheer amount of stuff that gets painted when people really set their priorities straight and get to work, and
2) how many different genres and styles are present, covering a large chunk of real history and fiction, sometimes even board games and more.

Of course, the good old eye candy is cool too - maybe not exactly unique, but definitely important and always a pleasure to see.

For me, this year was largely the same old chaos as before but maybe with a different flavour. This time I didn't have any two week trips abroad during the league. Instead, I was travelling for almost a month right before, thereby ruining any chances of building anything resembling a buffer. Consequently, it was basically ten weeks of "paycheck painting". A whole bunch of weekends were also booked in advance, pushing everything to weekday evenings. I apologise for not having much time or energy to chat about the entries. I was probably either painting, shooting or trying to rest. :?

Next year I'll start preparing well in advance. No, wait, that's what I've said every year. lol But seriously, just one extra entry would buy me one proper free weekend. I have to think about this.

However, this was possibly the first season ever when I didn't even try to build/paint any new terrain. Sometimes I've tried and failed, spending loads of time on building stuff yet failing to paint it in time. This brand new "minis first" approach was efficient, but I have a feeling that my old terrain pieces are getting a bit overused. That's also something to consider outside of the league period itself.

I'm rambling. But I have about 63 newly painted minis, and I think many of you have something similar too. Well done. Go out and play. :)

(I was playing board games outdoors last week. At midnight. In daylight. It was great.)

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2017, 01:12:50 PM »
Ive built and painted steamboat for my Mutant pirates, but it was like procrastination from painting the guys themselves :)

Crashed shuttle Ive planned as a background for my Slavers is still crashed and grey..

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2017, 07:25:33 AM »
Thank you for all the hard work everyone! The LPL is always so inspiring! :-*