Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:33:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689761
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur in Space! - Update: Revenge of the Blood Angels!  (Read 88655 times)

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
Re: Sigur in Space! - Dark Imperium
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2017, 09:08:38 PM »

Well, I'm starting to settle into the new surroundings, got the essentials set up and decided to test a few new photo setups. Here's the finished Orks, a total of 61 Boyz and 2 Nobz:

All of them (well, mostly):

An example mob of 20 plus Nob:

...and another mob:

Hope you like them!

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2017, 09:16:10 PM »
Do I like them? Too right I do, cracking work.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2017, 11:47:36 PM »
Thanks very much, Elk101. :) Much appreciated.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2017, 11:41:10 AM »
Wow! Great stuff! 8) They bring memories. Me with my Space Wolves and my bro with his highly colourful Space Orks!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2018, 03:56:04 AM »
Hey, chaps!

Look what hit my doorstep last week:

I'm not a GW fanboy. Unless they tickle that late-80s-early-1990s nerve in me. Then I have online buddys of old (thanks a ton, Steven!) pester the good people at Warhamme World (thanks to the people of WHW. Great service!) into sending me 2 copies of Realm of Chaos - Slaves to Darkness, that bloody huge box of SM HQ tanks, a Slaves to Darkness shirt and a Slaves to Darkness cup. Okay, one of the books and the SM tanks are for a friend, the rest's for myself. Now I own two shirts with stuff on them: An Oldhammer shirt and now that Slaves to Darkness shirt. Never been a 'band shirt' guy, or stuff like that.

Over the past days I read Slaves to Darkness again. Never thought I'd hold that book in my hands; pretty amazing. The reproduction is, as far as I can see, flawless. Great stuff. And I don't think it's just a Nostalgia thing. This book (along with The Lost and the Damned) is just interesting. It gets the creative juices going. The artwork, the little vignettes, the general fluff, the humour.... it's just not a catalogue to sell figures with illustrations which show figures as they are available, it's stories and fluff and whatnot. Of course there are rules in there as well. For 40k (Rogue Trader), WHFB and the Warhammer Roleplaying Game. Anyway, highly recommended to anybody who's interested in Chaos or fantasy in general.

And here's a WIP shot of the first 4 Harlequins out of a warband of 6 I'm currently doing:

Hope you like them so far!

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2018, 08:48:03 AM »
Your harlequins look very good.

Have they re-issued Slaves to Darkness like they did with RT?

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2018, 09:43:21 AM »
Those harlequins are amazing! :o :-*

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2018, 07:02:38 PM »
@hubbabubba: Thanks, Sir-with-good-name. Yeah, they re-issued Slaves to Darkness just like they did with the RT rulebook. Passed on that (because I got a hardcopy of the rules from back then), but when it comes to Realm of Chaos... if you're an old person like I am it's a must-have. The reproduction is, as far as I can tell, flawless. They retouched the whole thing a little bit with digital trickery (mostly the photos of miniatures in the middle, with way ramped-up colours), but it's all done very subtly and well. Highly recommended; i'll definately get The Lost and the Damned as well, which in my mind is the even better book.

@Andym: Cheers. :) Comments like this help me keep on painting these figures. Well, that and the rather tight deadline. :D

I'm currently working on the green Harlequin:

After that I'll do another blue one and then I can proceed to finishing them all proper. Phew.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Sigur in Space! - Dark Imperium, Harlequins, Orks, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2018, 09:36:31 PM »
Neve been a big Ork fan but I love the 2nd-ed colour palette and style of the Orks up there.  Top stuff.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2018, 08:13:21 PM »
Ah Harlequins.. those horrible figures that only stand a chance of looking decent when painted very well - and these look fantastic for sure!

I particularly like the fiery one on the right, with red-going-into-orange and yellow.. more complementary rather than contrasting colours I guess, and more transitions because of it. Although the more I look at them, the more I like them all!
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2018, 12:50:35 PM »
Thanks for letting us know about the Realms of Chaos reprint. That just made my day.
And I love the classic Orks. So bright and cheerful. Makes me want to paint Orks, which I haven't wanted to do in years.

But those Harlequins...
I have no words.
Amazing just doesn't cover it.

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2018, 05:44:46 PM »
Battle Brush,

Those Harleys are just fantabulous.

Grimm

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2018, 09:12:45 AM »
@Elbows: Oh yes, I love 2nd edition Orks. The ones above are commission work (ironically for someone who ALSO loves the 1st/2nd edition Orks and wants to have more time painting those, so he outsourced the painting of the newer Orks to me. :D ); I collected my 1st/2nd edition Orks army between 2006 and 2009. Unfortunately I lost all the photos of them and have to reshoot them again at some point in time.

@Coenus Scaldingus: Oh, I really, really dig the Plastics. Of course they got less character than the original ones, but that goes for everything nowadays, eh? ;) Anyway, I really like the new plastics. They look proper nice. Thanks a ton for the compliments though. :)

@Michka: Glad to be of help. ;) Only downside is that they're Warhammer World Exclusive, but if you have a friend who goes there, I hear they can order and pay them for you and WHW will ship them to you directly. Thanks for the comments on the painting too!

@Grimmar: Cheers, much appreciated!

Well, thanks for all the positive comments, guys! I'm having a hard time pretending that these Harlequins aren't a bit straining by now in terms of how long I've been working on these bloody 6 figures already, but I'm getting there. The comments certainly help.

The last Harlequin has been added now, as well as bases. So we got a blue one now as well. Hope you like them!

Now for the last bits of detailwork which as we all know is the most excruciating part. :D I already took a peek at the next batch of figures and I'm happy to report that I'll stick to 40k for now. It's going to be an exciting melange of power armour, heavy armour and super heavy armour. ;)

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2018, 10:07:18 AM »
Worth every second you've spent on them, they look incredible!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2018, 10:09:27 AM »
Splendid painting  :-*
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/