Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686665
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur in Space! - Update: Revenge of the Blood Angels!  (Read 87212 times)

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
Re: Sigur in Space! - Dark Imperium
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2017, 08:54:32 PM »
I'm not a fan of the whole Nurgle thing... but you have done a superb job on them :) .

I am happily waiting for when you start the Primaris marines :) . If this is the standard, then I reckon I'll be suitably impressed (even if you don't choose Griffons ;) ).

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2017, 09:01:09 PM »
I wasn't either (I bought box of Nurgle demons and cut them to make mutants) until I took these miniatures into my hands :P

They look splendid in white!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 04:15:20 PM by AWu »

Offline Nord

• Mad Scientist
    • Nord's Painting Saga
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 12:48:07 PM »
Quite surprised by your palette on the Nurgle marines. In some ways I am tempted to say paint the Primaris Marines in black - either templars or raven guard, always liked those chapters. An ironic response is to go with green - maybe dark angels or even funnier Mantis Warriors. The yellow Lamentors are a good choice too. Whatever you do, don't go with Ultramarines (yawn).

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 03:01:03 PM »
@Elbows: Thanks very much!

@noigrim: Noted. :)

@Ultravanillasmurf: Thanks very much! They are bit more colourful now! :D

@Breazer: Cheers. I don't think they'll look all that different. :)

@Inso: Thanks, Sir! I'm still taking votes on the Marines. By now an impressive list of chapters have been compiled indeed, with some interesting ones leading in the votes. I guess I'll keep the whole thing running until I get started on the Primaris Marines. Which may well take a while considering the bloody details on these GW minis.... ;)

@AWu: Thanks muchly!

@Nord: Thanks for the comment! I've put you down with Black Templars, Raven Guard, Dark Angels, Mantis Warriors and Lamenters. I have to say that I prefer SM to wear bold, primary colours to be honest. Just looks best on the table. But of course there are some very nice other colour schemes out there. I painted a bunch of Raven Guard minis in the past and they look nice once they're on the table and maybe have some nice, contrasting basing. Not sure I ever did Black Templars actually. I painted a bunch of Dark Angels characters and converted/painted the Mantis Warriors' Dust Prophet Librarian chap. Always had a soft spot for the Lamenters, but never painted a single one. :D

New WIP shot of the Death Guard Marines:

Hope you like them!

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 04:15:04 PM »
I just looked at your Death Guard minis on my tablet. This allowed me to zoom in on the photos, and I have to say they are Exquisite! You should post closers shots of these.

As to which chapter you should do, I say anything but Imperial Fists. (That's what I plan to paint and I don't need the intimidation.) How about Blood Ravens? The red would contrast nicely with your white Death Guard.

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2017, 04:16:42 PM »
I just looked at your Death Guard minis on my tablet. This allowed me to zoom in on the photos, and I have to say they are Exquisite! You should post closers shots of these.

He should post closed shots of everything :)

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2017, 07:21:10 PM »
I can't believe these are still WIP

Offline driller

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2017, 07:13:27 AM »
Lamenters please! :)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2017, 07:20:15 AM »
Those Nurgle models are coming out beautifully.
I initially did not like the models, but subsequently changed my mind and bought Dark Imperium, and once I had the models in hand I realised I was right. What had put me off initially was more easily identfiable in the photos in the rule books: I prefer a rusty, decayed technology look than excessive gooey bits, and these guys have a lot of the latter, but it's the GW paint job which emphasised the fleshy stuff excessively, I think, by making it a bright shade of pink which looks healthier and more decay-free than any self-respecting nurgleyboy should. In more muted colours they're fine.
In your white (if it remains so!) incarnation they're splendid.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2017, 07:53:32 AM »
Wow! These are ALL superb! :o

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2017, 10:40:40 PM »
@Michka, AWu: I noticed a thing Lead-Adventures does is scaling down photos for some reason (probably so too large ones don't mess up the forum layout. Hence the extra small versions on here it seems. :D I put a direct link to the picture underneath the latest WIP shot below.

@driller: Thanks very much, noted. You also commented on Twitter, right?

@Vanlak: Thanks for the comment! Yeah, I guess GW's (understandable) directive for all their 'eavy metal painters is a squeaky clean and colourful style. The've done that for a bunch of years, which a.) doesn't go well with certain forces, such as Nurgly things and b.) (I think) makes their models look worse than they are in many cases. I can fully understand why they go for this look of course, but it's nice to see alternate takes. That's what mini painting is all about after all - it's completely different for each of us and the results will always be different.

@Andym: Thanks very much. :)

New WIP of the Death Guard. These days it's insanely hot 'round here (by our standards) and I gotta do other stuff than painting Death Guard I'm afraid, so progress is slow. However, most of the DG dudes are mostly done now (they still need work here and there for an extra nice look, but oh well). In the back you can see the three characters whom I currently focus on:

http://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2017_06/dgwip4schrift.jpg.46a0068d529d0b25632756218b3f4b7b.jpg

Hope you like them!

Offline MattW

• Librarian
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2017, 10:56:56 PM »
 :o

I fully intend to poorly imitate this scheme for my own minis!

Offline DonVoss

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2017, 08:40:43 PM »
What a great band... :o

DV

Offline Gargobot

• Librarian
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2017, 08:42:16 PM »
Here's a picture of what my face looked like when I saw your Nurgle dudes.

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2017, 10:25:39 PM »
Really well done nurgles. you are going so much faster than me but I will catch up at some point I'm sure.