Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:17:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Sigur in Space! - Update: Revenge of the Blood Angels!  (Read 87092 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Sigur in Space! - Infinity, Harlequins, Orks, all things Sci-Fi.
« Reply #240 on: March 22, 2020, 05:54:18 PM »
Admiring your job! Must come back many times to all pictures to look at the so tiny, crispy details! Cheers!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #241 on: March 23, 2020, 09:07:21 PM »
@DintheDin: Thanks very much. :) It's impossible to do all the details justice without taking photos of each individual dude. :D I only paint those, but I don't get tired of praising how well converted all of these Boyz are. There are no identical models in there, no identical guns (which of course is important for looterz especially).

Right, the Looterz are pretty much done, except for the bases getting properly finished. First, a picture of all of them together, and then I roughly split the mob in half (by applying an even rougher karate chop to it) for some more closer-up photos:

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2020_03/looterzwip1schrift.jpg.151c5c7ff78acc231c676da6222d4d61.jpg

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2020_03/looterzwip2schruft.jpg.1eed5826b20a8491adeb0bdd584bad32.jpg

full size image: https://www.tabletopwelt.de/uploads/monthly_2020_03/looterzwip3schrift.jpg.c2852acb17fa228ffcb7cc94377ac89c.jpg

Hope you like them! Next up: Loads of huge characters.

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #242 on: March 23, 2020, 09:34:37 PM »
Such great painting! What a mob!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2020, 05:28:20 PM »
@Bearwoodman: Thanks very much. :) I really enjoy painting those guys. Can't wait for everything to be done and on the table for an army shot! But before that I'll have to finish the characters below and 60 Gretchins!

Heyhey, here's the first WIP shot of the characters:

As you can see there's lots of them and they're pretty much all bloody huge.

So what's everybody up to? I have to admit that there's no wargaming done at the moment. Not even solo. Loads of video gaming, but nothing proper. How about you?

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2020, 07:00:38 PM »
Sigur, you are a painting machine!
And your brushstrokes are where quality and quantity meet in a crescendo!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2020, 02:51:23 PM »
@DintheDin: :D Thanks. This must be one of the best compliments I ever got.

Right, here's the first few characters in a "as good as done" state:

Now I'll move on to the three Big Meks with Shokk Attack Guns and a Runtherd, then I'll go over all the characters once more and then do the bases. That's the plan.

How's everybody doing?

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2020, 04:57:28 PM »
These guys look cool and some nice conversions.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2020, 11:12:08 PM »
@Lost Egg: Thanks very much! Oh yes, I marvel at these small and pretty cool conversions myself. I only get to paint the minis, so I get them sent built and cleaned.

Right, the Big Meks with Shokk Attack Guns are up to snuff now was well.

As with the Nobz, not quite there yet, but mostly they are. The next big step is getting the 60 Gretchins and their Runtherder painted. The gentleman I paint these for is especially fond of Gretchins, so he asked me to make them look extra nice. Hope I'm up to the job!

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2020, 06:00:38 AM »
Nice...60 Gretchin...rather you than me :D

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #249 on: March 30, 2020, 10:41:59 AM »
Nice...60 Gretchin...rather you than me :D

:D :D Yeah, I decided to switch things around a bit. As seen in this thread, I've been working on this army for a few years now. During this time GW had the bright idea to introduce the 32mm round base for all the things. So I got about 150 Orks I'd done back, all of them now on blank 32mm bases, and with the order to base them all again. :D So things are according to GW's bidding. Alrighty. Last night I based the first 60 slugga boyz, today I'll do 70 shoota boyz. And then I'll see what else is there to rebase. Bunch of Characters. That much I know.

So yeah, I decided to get all of that out of the way first as well and THEN do the Gretchins. I'm just really happy that in times like these I won't run out of work for the months to come. Not until about August, I suppose. Maybe I can just hunker down and sit it all out without running out of stuff to do.

In a press conference earlier today we were informed that from Wednesday masks will be compulsory when shopping. People buying stuff like crazy stopped, the army and civil servicemen could stop giving a hand to supermarket chains. How are all of you doing?

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #250 on: March 30, 2020, 12:21:08 PM »
Sigur, you are a painting machine!
And your brushstrokes are where quality and quantity meet in a crescendo!

impossible to put it better.

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #251 on: March 30, 2020, 03:13:50 PM »
Wow...rebasing all those minis sounds...fun? Still, it'd be satisfying once done I expect.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2020, 12:33:15 PM »
@Bloggard: I think I should have a t-shirt made with that quote printed on. :D

@Lost Egg: Yeah, and despite basing around already painted figures is a pain in the pot it went reasonably fast. Took two days, and it was done. Then I also finished the bases on the Stormboyz, Looterz and characters (another 100 figures in total) and that was done.

Hello, friends. How do we do today?

I'm still working on those Gretchin.

These are a bit of a slog I have to admit. :D Amazing figures, amazingly converted for each one to be individual, but just that makes them much more work to paint.

I also sent an e-mail to the gentleman I paint these for with pictures of the Looterz and characters. He's very happy with them (yay!) and let me know that he got his hands on the new plastic Ghazghkull and Makari. They're already converted and should be on their way to me. Since I proceed OK within the deadline he asked me to do the biggest boss of them all and the luckiest Gretchin of them all as well and "as cool as possible" to the deadline.

Again, schedules thrown astray, hopefully people won't start shouting at me too much. On a positive note, I was kinda hoping I'd get to do the Ghazghkull for this army. He just fits the theme to a T and an army this size if worthy of him leading them into battle.

So yeah, hope you like the Gretchin so far (as little as there is done yet) and I hope to be able to deliver you with finished photos and army shots some time soon.

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #253 on: April 08, 2020, 11:55:17 AM »
Right, I'm happy to announce that the Gretchins are done! 63 thereof, all individually converted, lovely little pieces of sass.

There will be more pictures of those chaps soon, but for now I'm going to celebrate. :D Hope you like them!

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #254 on: April 08, 2020, 11:49:57 PM »
superb  :o