Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:22:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689604
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 588
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: VBCW Norfolk  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Uncle Bourbon

• Assistant
VBCW Norfolk
« on: June 24, 2017, 10:04:51 PM »
First post of our efforts in VBCW in Norfolk. Expect amusing shenanigans, disregard for rules and a very bolshie disregard for etiquette.

Featured are some elements of the Norwich Popular Front contingent as well as the Yarmouth Fishermen and Sailors Soviet. Up the workers!
"Some call them demons, I call them bitches"
"So tell me, comrade commissar, what does Marxism/Leninism say about the headless mutants of the northern tunnels?"

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: VBCW Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 09:29:14 AM »
Lovely, good looking figures. :)

Offline Uncle Bourbon

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 10:58:30 AM »
Thanks, will stick some game photos up over the summer when I get the chance.

Offline Uncle Bourbon

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 12:59:31 PM »
On the workbench at the moment, BUF somewhat ironically on the left with soon to be fisherman's soviet and Norwich front on the right. In the background are some lurking monsters and similar for METRO 2033. I also have something very big and nasty on the way but unfortunately won't be posting it until it hits the battlefield as I'm informed my gaming mates are watching this thread and I don't want to ruin the surprise  lol
 I was also saddened to find some of my footsore arrivals were damaged, has anyone had any experience with this and how footsore miniatures are like about replacing minis? Cheers

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 01:42:16 PM »
I had the same with a Footsore minis. I just emailed them and the figures were replaced (after Footsore had replaced the faulty old mould)

Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 11:16:04 PM »
Same for me, quick replacements, but the molds are 'old' and have been in use for a good bit, i'm told redoing them is in progress.

Offline Uncle Bourbon

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 04:13:45 PM »
I've sent an email and have replacements on the way, I'll have to think of some ways to use the two of them, maybe some handswaps. Thanks guys

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 08:22:44 PM »
I've sent an email and have replacements on the way, I'll have to think of some ways to use the two of them, maybe some handswaps. Thanks guys

Colonel Bills doe some nice packs of interest:

Lewis Guns (3 very nice guns with bipods)
Lee-Enfields with fixed bayonets
SMGs and Grenade launchers - forget the GLs, but you do get 3 x Thompson and 3 x Bergmann BMP32 (with the magazine on the right hand side)

I use these for most of my VBCW conversions, although for your broken pistol you might have to be a bit more created - perhaps converting the hand to be clutching a bible or somesuch?

Offline Uncle Bourbon

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 11:58:37 AM »
Replacements arrived yesterday, along with the mystery monster  :D
I decided to use bolt action weapons that I had lying around to kit the damaged ones out, though the lure of bergmanns may be too strong to resist. I think the petrol bomb works quite well with the figure's scared face, almost as if he's trying to pass it to someone else  lol
Also got some BUF (boo!) painted up, I was unsure if thunder flashes are covered under swastika, nazi and similar imagery so I tried to avoid including any in the actual photo.

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 05:25:29 PM »
Nice work!! he BUF look suitably nasty!! :)

Offline Genialjim

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 05:32:46 PM »
Looking really good 👍

Offline Uncle Bourbon

• Assistant
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2017, 11:26:36 PM »
Cheers chaps, probably going to build the BUF lot into a small flying column with staff car, transport and armoured support. The reactionaries always suffer in this project as everything I get has a mysterious habit of turning up red  :D
On another note I'm thinking about flag designs, has anyone had much success designing their own? I've tried hand painting some designs but I don't think I'll ever be satisfied and my printing efforts usually result in a loss of colour or clarity.

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 12:44:22 AM »
Nice looking figures!
Who makes the figures in the first picture with the brimmed hat?
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Uncle Bourbon

• Assistant
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 01:19:50 PM »
Who makes the figures in the first picture with the brimmed hat?

They're Copplestone Ghurkhas, I greenstuffed their shorts into trousers and gave a couple headswaps with brodie hats. I don't like having too many troops with helmets, they're supposed to be the 'Norwich Citizen Army' ode to the Irish predecessors hence the broad rimed hats and green tunics.

Offline Uncle Bourbon

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 03:18:28 PM »
Fairly large update today as a few things are finished. Firstly the BUF squad is complete, just needing the basing to finish. To oppose them I also did a few militants for the Fishermen's Soviet as well. I fished a suitable staff car for my BUF officer out of a box so the flying column can begin. Finally I've got banner bearers ready, the one on the left will have a flag of the Yarmouth Soviet while the one on the right will have a George's cross for either Anglican or rightwing militia. The other two I am not sure of just yet.
If anyone has any advice on flag designs that would be much appreciated as I'm having trouble getting the lettering right.
Cheers!