Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690739
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Konflikt '47 Season. 9/21 Sikhs assembled and primed.  (Read 14466 times)

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
Konflikt '47 Season. 9/21 Sikhs assembled and primed.
« on: June 27, 2017, 10:04:55 PM »
Update:
3/6/23 After a 6 year break I'm gearing up for a club mini campaign.

Anyone playing Konflikt '47?  After one of us painted up a US starter, and tried out the rules...
https://www.chicagoskirmishwargames.com/blog/2017/06/23/aar-konflikt-47-at-greenfiregames/
... 2 of us at the club have decided to take advantage of blowout prices for starters at Miniature Market and give it a go. One fellow grabbed the Soviet starter and another has enough Dust Germans to proxy in.

For myself I've got the British starter set on the way.  They will all have WestWind British gas mask heads which should make them "other" enough that I can use them either as Loyal Allies or some kind of Op-For in service of a rogue General or whatever story hook is required for them to fight against the Americans.

Anywho, I'd be curious to hear from those who have played and what suggestions they have about getting the most out of the game.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 02:58:27 AM by eilif »

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
Re: Anyone doing Konflikt '47?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 11:24:48 PM »
Ive only had one game sO far, putting together loads of unit and vehicles for K47 and BA2 but would love to read some more AAR's and see some Army Lists shared on here...

Regards

Wolt

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 01:42:38 AM »
Indeed, I'm a bit surprised there isn't already more about it up, but I'm new to WWW2 and don't know what the popularity of games are.

Speaking of which, I like what I've heard about Konflikt 47, but one of the appeals is the ease with which I can should be able to move my figs between different WWW2 rulesets if need be.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 10:15:31 AM »
It is rather quiet on the Warlord Games forum as well.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 12:57:08 PM »
K47 has a few problems.

It too weird for the alt-history Bolt Action crowd, being more pulpy. If you're into pulp stuff though you're probably playing a skirmish game. Out of the whole book only the T-44 comes to mind as being grounded in reality, disregarding where real world development (apparently with the advent of Rift tech they dropped all other projects).

The rules themselves were dead in the water. They released using Bolt Action Volume 1 as a basis, with all of its issues, instead of the new Vol.2 stuff. I'd imagine many playing it would have played BA, but avoid it as they don't want to get confused over the differences, or what it lacks.

Having read through the rulebook it could basically be an expansion for Bolt Action. Its mostly just the Bolt Action main rulebook with some new units added along with expanded close combat rules. The existing theatre books have a similar amount of content. At least that makes playing it with the Volume 2 rules a bit simpler however.

Oh, and the model quality isn't up there. The infantry are good, but the vehicles are kind of basic in their details, yet due to the contracting cost in excess of the regular Warlord stuff (i.e. the cost of the Zeus walker).

In my area I know one guy who plays it. ...He doesn't play against anyone, just has the models and is forever trying to get opponents. None of the Bolt Action players won't to touch it as they play BA for its historical setting - if they want weird stuff they play Skirmish games.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 06:19:51 PM »
Ouch!
    Good to know though.   I've got no interest in historical or reality so pulp'ish-ness is right up my alley, but if I'm going to do WWW2 I want to play bigger than small skirmish.   What scope are the rules aimed at?  I get the feeling it's  a platoon or two plus vehicles, but I don't know.

What are the other good Bigger-than-warband-skirmish WWW2 rulests to look at?

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 06:50:21 PM »
 I believe you're correct in thinking K47 gives you fairly standard BA sized games - 30 or so infantry models plus one or two vehicles. This is fairly representative, WestWind's 'Secrets Of The Third Reich' (my platoon level game of choice), 'Nuts - War Without End', AEWWII & Modiphius's 'Achtung Cthulhu' all use roughly the same number of models.
 They're all quite interesting, with varied degrees of 'weird', with some utilizing the outright supernatural (AC) while others put a veneer of weird science over it, mechs, powered armour & bio-weapon zombies etc, so it depends how much wibble you like in your games.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 07:07:20 PM »
Ouch!
    Good to know though.   I've got no interest in historical or reality so pulp'ish-ness is right up my alley, but if I'm going to do WWW2 I want to play bigger than small skirmish.   What scope are the rules aimed at?  I get the feeling it's  a platoon or two plus vehicles, but I don't know.

What are the other good Bigger-than-warband-skirmish WWW2 rulests to look at?

You can play multiple Platoons, I am not a fan of Bolt action as for me it is historical lite when compared to other skirmish rules such as Chain of Command etc. However for Weird War it is ok to play, fast to play. Models are ok and if you play bolt action you can use your existing kit and drop in a few specific models and bobs your uncle.

No occult in it where are SOTR is around the occult, so my werewolves, zombies and vampires are rift tech which is fine with me. I dipped toe in Konflikt as morel likely to get a game with this in the UK than SOTR , my figures were originally bought for Chain of Command weird war which has the rules for occult in a past summer special...and who doesn't like Nazi zombies  ;D

Offline seamoose

• Bookworm
    • Ain't over til I'm out of plastic
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »
I've bought in and so have a few others in my are but we're waiting on a few things. First and foremost is the rules update coming later this year that will also add the Japanese which is who I want to play for konflikt. We're also waiting on more units models to come out and I personally am waiting for my rewards from the sotr ii kickstarter as I plan to use those figures for konflikt.

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 01:20:46 AM »
Thanks for the info folks.

One question regarding the various rulesets that have been mentioned.

K'47
SOTR
AEWW2
Actung Cthulhu'
Nuts- WWoE
Chain of Command Weird War

How do they rank in terms of simplicity (lightness) and pulpyness?
Also, what else is the expansion for K'47 supposed to add?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:33:47 AM by eilif »

Offline aktr

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 09:52:53 AM »
Me and a friend play K47 (I'm the USA, he is Ze Germans)

Its a fun beer and pretzels game (or in our case being terribly British its a tea and scones game)

from your list I've only played K47 and CoC (regular not weird)
in theory CoC isn't that much more complicated however the rules are classic TFL style which means that at times you have to make a best guess at what they mean. they are also perhaps not the most balanced if your using the army creation system

the new book (coming Q3) adds the Japanese and the Finns, new units for existing armies and implements SOME of the BAv2 rules

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 09:32:41 PM »
Interesting about the rules additions. I'm not familiar with BA1 or 2, but if it's changes making the game better, that seems like a good thing.

Glad to hear "Beer and Pretezels".  I generally don't want to game much more complicated than that (KoW, Runewars, WarEngine, Necromunda, etc).

Just ordered a batch of Champ Industries "Urban" bases and one more member of the club just ordered the German starter set, so it looks like we'll have one player for each of the 4 factions and possibly a 5th person proxying Dust German figs.

Any suggests for me regarding arming/assembling my British infantry?  I'm not going to play with them til they are assembled and painted and I don't want to regret how I armed them after I'm done.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 08:24:02 AM »
If it is normal British infantry then you want one NCO with SMLE (optional SMG) and four to nine infantry with SMLE . You can replace two of them with a two man BREN team. Two of the SMLEs can be replaced with SMGs.

More details in either the K47 or Bolt Action "Codex".

Offline JamesValentine

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 09:40:02 AM »
I bought a few K-47 figures going cheap when I was in goblin gaming a few months back. and while it seems interesting and the infantry are nice I've never seen or heard anyone playing bolt action or K-47. so while fun to paint I'll never get to use them or my BA stuff really

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 03:15:14 PM »
I bought a few K-47 figures going cheap when I was in goblin gaming a few months back. and while it seems interesting and the infantry are nice I've never seen or heard anyone playing bolt action or K-47. so while fun to paint I'll never get to use them or my BA stuff really
I think I really got lucky that at least 3-4 other club members are picking up starters.  As with any new game, I have a bit of a question about how often or how long we'll play but folks seem genuinely interested so I'm hoping for the best.

Either way, I think gas-masking every fig will give them added utility in pulp or post-apoc games.  Maybe even as filler for my IG 40k army that also happens to all be wearing gas-masks.

If it is normal British infantry then you want one NCO with SMLE (optional SMG) and four to nine infantry with SMLE . You can replace two of them with a two man BREN team. Two of the SMLEs can be replaced with SMGs.

More details in either the K47 or Bolt Action "Codex".
Good to know and it jives with what a fellow over on the Warlord games forum just suggested. Thanks!