Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:52:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690764
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A Shadow Over St. Lucie Village (Deep Ones TSATF Concept)  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
A Shadow Over St. Lucie Village (Deep Ones TSATF Concept)
« on: July 06, 2017, 11:46:24 PM »
A work in progress for years!   A massive game set in St Lucie Village in Ft Pierce, Florida circa 1890.

Why St Lucie Village?  Because its my stomping grounds, and its a old, neat area located on the Indian River (the intercoastal), created by Colonel Chamberlain and his brother, C Thomas Howell, after the Civil War (My GF lives in a 150 year old mansion on the water, on "Chamberlain Street")

Torpy Road Heritage Village Park (my local disc golf course), was the scene of the Barker/Russell massacre which initiated the Third Seminole War (Barker's corpse is still buried under the basket on hole three) .

Anyhoo.  In the late 1800's, the town was full of the rich, local fisherman, Seminoles, former slaves and maroons, and Spanish. 

So I say:  The isolated town gets weird.  Dagon cults emerge, sacrifice, fishmen mating with local weemen, mutants, etc.

Nearby militia, a unit of regulars, some pissed off Seminoles, and a British warship visiting Florida decide to raid the town and see what is up.

I have units of local cultists, Deep Ones, militia, local rednecks, Seminoles, Regulars, British, etc 3etc. all painted up.

Have maybe 25% of the buildings (mansions, brick city center buildings, and humbl;e wooden and log abodes) built, and a ton of Palmetto, scrub pine and palm trees.

I chose TSATF, 'cause its my go to rules, and works perfectly for a bunch of small, diverse units.

What do you think?

Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: A Shadow Over St. Lucie Village (Deep Ones TSATF Concept)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 03:07:51 AM »
 :D absolutely love the idea...what is tsatf

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 04:13:57 AM »
The Sword And The Flame, Colonial Rules, easily adaptable, focusing on units of usually 20 individual based figures.

Perfect for this type game, where units of varied shooting and melee stats act individually, entering and exploring the town. 

The rules let your "native" (fishmen, cultists, and citizens in varied mutant stages) use hidden movement and such, to close on and surprise invading columns of regulars. 

Deep Ones will have smaller units, of like 8, but they will be pretty tough, statistically.  Mutants and cultists?  They will have to be cunning in the face of Seminoles,redneck militia and Regulars. 

Lots of house by house clearing, with the Fishmen appearing at a later, random time? 

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 04:27:49 AM »
I think you should post some pics as soon as possible   :D
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 06:39:59 AM »
I think you should post some pics as soon as possible   :D

LOL!  Its a huge box of palm trees, jungle scrub, pine trees and palmettos, a box of like 3 20 man units of angry villagers (mostly Blue Moon horror figs), 3 units of Deep Ones, 2 units of Seminoles, a unit of British bluejackets and regulars, a unit of US regulars (I used a combo of 7th Cavalry and Rough Riders) and 3 units of Cultists (Rebel Minis).

Ordered slave/captive women pack from OG15s, (mainly to use some for my Boxer set up) and realized, rescuing the weemen should be part of the game.  Before they are offered to the "Deep Ones"  Hee hee!  Is it just me, or does everyone giggle when saying or seeing "Deep Ones"?

What I NEED are mutated citizens.  The shambling, crutches and cane style, with sprouting tentacles, gills and webbed feet!!!  (Is it Brigade who makes those wonderful 28mm mutants?)

But, now that I came up with a way to make a low end wooden cabin/house quickly and easilly, this project WILL be ready for Hurricon!  (LOL!  My original buildings are painstakingly crafted wooden builds, I'm talking individual clapboard, etc.  Now,. I can make the same look in 15 minutes, WHILE playing on the internet)

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 02:47:05 AM »
 :o awesome setup...would love to "put down them thar freaks"

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 04:57:47 AM »
OK, The Hurricanes play at Duke Friday Night of Hurricon (like 5 years in a row the Canes have played at home on Hurricon weekend, and thus....).   That means Smokey is back in business!

No time to come up with another  "The Sword and the  Spongebob" game for the chir'ren (Sculpting figures, making another Bikini Bottom, etc, as I give away the game to a enthusiastic child every time I run one), BUT.....THIS game I could have up and running by then!

Could be a cool Friday Afternoon game, before the TSATF masters take over Friday Night through Sunday. 

Yes, that is exactly what I'll do!    You better --------- brace yourself 'cause I'm bringing it around!

Its on!