Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:18:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690719
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 898
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 807
Total: 814

Recent

Author Topic: Tercio miniatures kick starter  (Read 6341 times)

Offline Anderson Collection

• Mad Scientist
    • The Anderson Collection
Tercio miniatures kick starter
« on: July 10, 2017, 07:51:31 PM »
Hi gents,

Does anyone have a way to contact the guys at tercio miniatures El Kraken I backed the kick starter way back but still have not received the figures last I heard from them was they were preparing to ship them in May of this year but haven't managed to contact them since.

Any hep would be appreciated.

Willie

Offline Phillius

• Bookworm
Re: Tercio miniatures kick starter
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 09:33:11 PM »

Offline Xiombarg

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 09:41:56 AM »
I have had to jump up and down a fair bit with these guys who have tried to fob me off with various excuses. The lst of which is that they have moved and are having trouble with casting . I don't want to cast aspersions but my friend who lives only a couple of miles away got his stuff 2 months ago. When you go on their page you will note quite a few stern messages . These guys are not covering themselves in glory !

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 09:55:17 AM »
I got my stuff, though one had a broken and, more importantly, missing part that they never got back to me about.

Offline Xiombarg

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 09:19:01 AM »
Have you guys heard any more ? This guy is just rubber- earing everyone now. !
18 days ago he said that they would have this fixed ...
Then ... nothing

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 09:35:37 AM »
Well, I e-mailed them again after my post here and got a reply. I have since gotten word that a package from them has arrived, but I haven't been able to go pick it up yet.

Offline 1ngram

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 11:18:01 AM »
I've had the same problem.  I bought figures from them at a show in Malaga in March and when I got back to UK found one was miscast.  I've emailed several times (and I know my emails are being read) but apart from one (March) early email saying a replacement was on its way "this week" I can't get them to respond at all. I have friends at a local wargames club in Malaga and I will try to get them to chase Kraken up and I will be back there for 6 weeks myself next January if all else fails but its a poor show from them all round.

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 08:47:10 PM »
I'm still waiting they did send an email a few weeks back saying they were having problems and trying to resolve 😔

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 08:23:40 AM »
Willie: I'm really shocked that you still haven't received your figures. It would certainly make me think twice before ordering any more figures from them. I wonder whether their problems might be something to do with their moulds. Some of the figures I received had spare chunks of metal around the bottom of the brims of their hats, as if their moulds were deteriorating, which surprised me since I'd have thought that my figures were some of the earlier ones they'd cast.

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 08:34:14 PM »
Paul,

Received this a few weeks ago so hopefully they will turn up it does put you off though.

El Kraken Released says:
We have not been able to send you your miniatures yet, as we have had the machinery stopped since we moved in. The power supply available at the new location was not compatible. We've been fixing this issue for a while, which at first seemed simple, but has been delayed longer than we expected. At the moment we are waiting for the power company to approve the new installation, which must be imminent. This has been a serious problem for us, since it has paralyzed all our work, not only to comply with the few backers still waiting for erroneous parts or failures in shipments, but to start manufacturing as a trademark.
Sorry for this inconvenience, we will try to compensate you in some way. We are not going to leave any backers without their miniatures. Please, do not even think about it . We will keep you informed and we will notify you as soon as they are sent.

Offline Xiombarg

• Assistant
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 08:47:12 AM »
Yup. I got exactly the same one . Since than ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 10:34:03 AM »
It sounds like these guys had no experience of producing figures and have encountered problems which they never imagined could exist. A pity because it is nice to see someone coming up with some specifically Spanish figures for the period. I hope they get their problems sorted out soon and that it doesn't lose them too much business.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 11:14:35 AM »
Living in the same part of Spain as the Kraken guys l can sympathise with their situation.
The Spanish power supply is still in the hands of an antiquated and corrupt monopolistic organisation that cares little for its customers.
They are probably the most hated and complained about company in Spain. As a customer you can pretty much guarantee having to resolve problems with them through the ombudsman at least once a year.

Getting an industrial use electricity connection and associated certification done quickly will be a case of how much cash you are prepared to put into the plain brown envelopes and how many officials you are prepared to give them to.

Kraken are decent guys who have been around the hobby for a long while. Like a lot of small businesses their communication could be better, but l am confident they will sort things out for everyone. I also had some miscast pieces in my Kickstarter set which l am waiting replacements for.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 02:33:32 PM »
Well, I picked up the package that was waiting for me and it's indeed the replacement for the broken figure, so I can't complain.  :)

Offline Xiombarg

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 09:39:50 AM »
There is an e mail on the El kraken site explaining , so I will give the guys some credit. I will wait and see but at least its a positive .