Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:05:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tercio miniatures kick starter  (Read 6332 times)

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Re: Tercio miniatures kick starter
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 07:56:23 AM »
Does anyone know if the miniatures can be bought yet? Or are they available only for Kickstarter backers? I wish I could have support them, but the kickstarter coincided with me saving money for my youngest university tuition, so I was forced to pass. 

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 08:35:11 AM »
They have recently started add some to the webstore, so I imagine they will continue to do so.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 03:41:44 AM »
They have recently started add some to the webstore, so I imagine they will continue to do so.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't been able to find their webstore, though. Not one where I can buy anything anyway!

It is a pity, because I really wanted to buy from them. I have the Conde-Duque de Olivares figure -a friend that participated in the kickstarter got it for me- and I like the style and the cast.

Well... I guess I will need to wait. It is not as if I have not a ton of miniatures to paint!  lol

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 10:04:57 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I haven't been able to find their webstore, though. Not one where I can buy anything anyway!

It is a pity, because I really wanted to buy from them. I have the Conde-Duque de Olivares figure -a friend that participated in the kickstarter got it for me- and I like the style and the cast.

Well... I guess I will need to wait. It is not as if I have not a ton of miniatures to paint!  lol

I have a handful that I'm willing to part with if they're of interest, on account of having upscaled my swashbuckling to a larger scale. :)

Offline Xiombarg

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 10:07:12 AM »
Ho Hum
Another month passes with no word . Must be the worst electrical contractors ever .

Offline Anderson Collection

• Mad Scientist
    • The Anderson Collection
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 03:28:32 PM »
Yes still waiting I think they should just refund now. :'(

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 06:52:59 PM »
Willie: I agree. they should give you their best estimate of when you will get the figures and then give you the option of waiting for them or having a full refund.

Offline Xiombarg

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 04:18:17 PM »
And yet another month rolls buy with absolutely hee haw! I'm feeling like a stuck record . I've e mailed, commented and even tried to phone but these guys just rubber ear everything . Its actually for the principal of the matter now as I dont like being ripped off ! This is exactly the reason that KS get a bad name !!

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 02:55:02 PM »
I think this is just terrible behaviour from El Kraken / Tercios Miniatures. It's no way to carry on business, and it'll put everyone off them. I can understand that they may have problems outside their control, but they should be offering full refunds now.

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 06:37:31 PM »
Very disappointing for those of us still waiting👎

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 09:11:53 AM »
Just checked the web site seems the power issue has been resolved so hopefully some figures will appear in the near future.

Willie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 08:04:27 PM »
Now 4 weeks after they resolved the power issue still no sign of the figures seems to be quite a few of us still waiting👎

Offline Stavka

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2017, 10:28:44 AM »
Now 4 weeks after they resolved the power issue still no sign of the figures seems to be quite a few of us still waiting

I have long been wary of kickstarters, but this one really tempted me, as it was a subject I've long been interested in.  In light of how it seems to be turning out, I am so glad I decided against jumping in.  

It's too bad for the more reputable vendors out there, but basically this whole sorry saga, along with horror stories about a few other KS ventures that ended in tears, has me sworn off on backing any kind of crowd funding project at all. A bird in the hand, etc.

And I have to say, going by the photos I've seen, I've been less than impressed with a number of the sculpts that Tercios produced, many of which seem to me to be a bit woodenly posed, with some oddly-proportioned ones as well.

A year or so ago, in the absence then of any decent Spanish TYW figures, I broke out the epoxy putty and have been converting existing ECW/ TYW figures to produce my own Spanish for the Rocroi period.  More effort perhaps, but I've been happy with the results- at least they are uniquely mine, warts 'n all.  

And of course I haven't had to deal with the disappointment of putting money into something for which I get nothing in return.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:26:39 PM by Stavka »

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2017, 06:58:09 PM »
Sage words indeed  :'(

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 09:16:01 AM »
For myself, I don't think I will subscribe to any future kickstarter unless I have already seen photos of the 'greens' of the figures and the manufacturer already has some sort of track record in manufacturing figures.