Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:00:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690318
  • Total Topics: 118325
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Islamic Reinforcements for Outremer: Faith and Blood  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Re: Islamic Reinforcements for Outremer: Faith and Blood
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 03:24:30 AM »
Looking good, getting quite curious at your rules system. You have a publisher already for it?
Oh, and, on topic. Devs Vvlt. In purple. On a camel. Because it's racist  :D.
Leadhead

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 03:42:26 AM »
There's this thing called reality....
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline monkeylite

• Scientist
    • Moedlhafen
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 08:59:09 AM »
There's this thing called reality....

Well, I belong to a few pretty antagonistic forums where people argue a lot, and often argue just for the sake of it, and those forums have their place. But this forum generally is brilliant in the way most of the posters try to be encouraging, and on the same page, and mutually supportive of our gaming and painting efforts. That's part of what makes this forum so good, for me.

Yes, we can discuss historical accuracy pretty sharply, but it's usually done in a good spirit and cooperatively, with a view to helping people. All this passive-aggressive, deliberately obscure, churlish, one-line, sniping, doesn't sit so well, for me, with the general good nature and friendliness of the site.

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
  • Old school gamer since 1990!
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 11:10:38 AM »
Hi all!

Been away with work for a few weeks so I'll try and address the points in order!

The purple is really easy; I use the triad of Royal Purple A,B and C from foundry; heavily watered down over a black undercoat. I gradually built it up over many layers; this meant I could really graduate the progression of colour. They are fanatastic paints and I really recommend them!

Yeah; it's being published by Osprey in April next year! If you like small scale skirmishes with warbands and strong character development then this will be right up your alley.

Now as for the choice of purple I know it's controversial but it looks great; also can anyone who was there during the crusader period speak up and let me know that there was definitely nobody wearing purple... no; thought not. Don't get me wrong I like realism, but I just found out shockingly this week that soldiers during this period weren't 28mm tall, made of lead and they didn't live in a Wargames box in my spare room.... does this mean I have to burn my collection.
Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Phil Portway

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 12:26:46 PM »
Hi all!

Been away with work for a few weeks so I'll try and address the points in order!

The purple is really easy; I use the triad of Royal Purple A,B and C from foundry; heavily watered down over a black undercoat. I gradually built it up over many layers; this meant I could really graduate the progression of colour. They are fanatastic paints and I really recommend them!

Now as for the choice of purple I know it's controversial but it looks great; also can anyone who was there during the crusader period speak up and let me know that there was definitely nobody wearing purple... no; thought not. Don't get me wrong I like realism, but I just found out shockingly this week that soldiers during this period weren't 28mm tall, made of lead and they didn't live in a Wargames box in my spare room.... does this mean I have to burn my collection.

I have the foundry paints, even the yellow & red go on great. 

Oh and I have the same discussion as regards colours at shows when putting on games and use your answer.

As regards burning your collection, only if they do not conform to Fiercekitty colours as he knows....everything & nothing!
If it isn't enjoyable, it isn't gaming!

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 12:51:53 PM »
I am a recent convert to Foundry but like you say all the colours go on great and the pre-selected triads make life easy with a shade, layer and highlight names Boneyard A,B,C. It's so easy to work out what paints to use rather than obscure unlinked paint names that some brands use!!

Mate it amuses me how worked up people get about what colour the models are painted... It's a hobby; if I want to get stressed I'll spend more time at my day job. First World problems!!

Offline GamesPoet

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 01:11:25 PM »
Caching!  Love the painting, purple, and hobby outlook.  Well done!

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »
  lol

On topic: Good to hear Osprey will publish it, I'll take 1 please.

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 03:19:29 PM »
 lol lol lol

That clip cracked me up!

The good news is the book is on preorder on Amazon ... just saying  ;)

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 03:49:43 PM »
Not until Victorian times as far as I'm aware. I guess these guys mugged an emperor and stole all his clothes. :)

technically it  was Violet  that became available as a dye according to an article I read somewhere :)
Commission Painting undertaken, PM or email me.

Offline redzed

• Mastermind
    • redzed
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 03:54:15 PM »
your figures paint them however you like ;)   

nice skin by the way 8)   Foundry Dark Skin?

Offline Legiocustodes

• Scientist
    • Oldhammer 40k
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 08:04:12 PM »
Cheers dude! It's Foundry Dusky Flesh a,b,c

I didn't realise until I was up at foundry last week how many Flesh triads they do....so I bought all of them! lol