Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2018, 08:58:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Who Plays CiC (Chaos in Carpathia/Cairo)?  (Read 713 times)

Offline Smokeyrone

• mastermind
  • Five Rings
Who Plays CiC (Chaos in Carpathia/Cairo)?
« on: July 29, 2017, 02:35:51 AM »
I like the rules, have a 28mm CiCairo set up, and lots of 15mm sets (Egypt, Fishmen, etc) but I've only actually played CiC rules a few times.  Mostly for want of players.

I usually just adapt TSATF to my horror games. 

Is CiC still big?  If I dont finish my "Shadow Over St Lucie Village" TSATF game in time for Hurricon, I might run a CiC Cairo game. 
Living in seclusion since the Denny Pratt tragedy

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • mad scientist
Re: Who Plays CiC (Chaos in Carpathia/Cairo)?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 01:21:55 AM »
I am trying to get to Chaos in Cario - 1 have all the OG/Westwind figures and a lot of innocent bystanders painted for an Egyptian setup - but keep getting stalled by other projects  :-[

I have grand plans to build a coastal tramp steamer and start the adventure from there.
Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest

Offline frank xerox

• bookworm
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 11:25:50 AM »
I played my first game of Carpathia a month or so ago; translated it to a wild west setting because thats what I had the figures for and it worked really well - great fun was had.
A really cinematic game that saw the town preacher having to stamp out the fire on his burning bible and the cavalry captain being a one man gatling gun until was rescued by his troopers just as the boss vampire got ready for snack time.
Great game!

Offline dinohunterpoa

• scatterbrained genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 06:03:25 PM »
I played my first game of Carpathia a month or so ago; translated it to a wild west setting because thats what I had the figures for and it worked really well - great fun was had.
A really cinematic game that saw the town preacher having to stamp out the fire on his burning bible and the cavalry captain being a one man gatling gun until was rescued by his troopers just as the boss vampire got ready for snack time.
Great game!

Sounds like a great game!  :-*

Once upon a time there was a KS project for a CiC expansion featuring the Old West, called Chaos in Cochise County: https://www.facebook.com/chaosinactiongames/posts/1493685764204262

You can use those minis and the Wild West minis you already have for Dracula's America - which seems to be an AWESOME set and line of miniatures IMHO!  ;)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:06:18 PM by dinohunterpoa »
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline frank xerox

• bookworm
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 08:31:26 PM »
Oh wow, thanks for that - I'd never heard of these, great looking figures, I'll be heading over there!
Yup I'm looking forward to Draculas  America too - you can't have too many cowboy set ups.

Cheers Bud!

Offline Sterling Moose

• Supporting Adventurer
  • scatterbrained genius
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 12:07:11 PM »
Once upon a time there was a KS project for a CiC expansion featuring the Old West, called Chaos in Cochise County:
I pm'd Lee, of CIA Games, to try and get him on board with the Dracula's America thread but didn't hear back.  Shame because his figures are amazing, I saw the painted versions at Fall In/Cold Wars - WOW!!
It's a shame his KS didn't fund otherwise the figures would be available.
"Every Dead Body That Is Not Exterminated. Becomes One Of Them. It Gets Up And Kills. The People It Kills Get Up And Kill".

Offline frank xerox

• bookworm
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 01:40:15 PM »
Totally - the Blood kin and especially the Skin walkers are just lovely sculpts

Online dartfrog

• scientist
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 07:02:56 PM »
Some interesting stuff in his collection there. Pity they never saw the light of day.

Offline Parkaboy

• assistant
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 04:05:14 AM »
I just picked up the rules after having bought some random pulp minis on FB which turn out to be for Chaos in Cairo.

Offline Golgotha

• Supporting Adventurer
  • mad scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 10:46:12 PM »
I have Chaos in Cairo - only played 2 odd games worth - but great little set of rules and very adaptable - would like to get Carpathian set and have the time to play these rules sets more regularly.