Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:01:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686495
  • Total Topics: 118103
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Red Skull and Captain America at It Again!  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
Red Skull and Captain America at It Again!
« on: August 13, 2017, 09:06:10 PM »
Yesterday the Nashville area DBA/HOTT group gathered along with other Nashville area gamers for a fun afternoon of seeing who was Top Dog. Our group has diminished a couple of players due to one passing and one moving away, but the core group is still going strong. I played five HOTT games, while next to me David Crenshaw played some marathon DBN games, first with Bob Gunter an then with Dave Cliffel, and MarcWozniac and Dave Cliffel also got in a game of HOTT.

In all of our shining beauty (yeah, yeah, I know it’s in the eye of the beholder!!!) here we are. L to R front: David Crenshaw, Kristie Gunter, Bob Gunter. L to R Back: Terry Webb, Mark Wozniac, Paul Potter and Dave Cliffel.

I was especially happy that Paul was able to make it, as he drives down form Bowling Green , Kentucky to join in, and he and I have been planning some games for some time using two of my Weird World war armies. So in the first game with him, he commanded my Red Skull army, while I commanded Captain Miller and the rest of the Hollywood heroes! Here’s Paul about to lead the evil forces of Red Skull ….to oblivion?????

Our initial deployments in our first game, looking from the Hollywood American side. The trees in the pictures are Paul’s, and the pictures just do not do them justice, because they are truly awesome, and appropriately creepy looking!

Red Skull’s Terror Bird has swept past all defenses and was lingering in the rear area of the Hollywood lines. Hmmm, was this a threat or a faint?????

The lines are about to clash.  The German Zombies from Dead Snow are charging Sgt. Stryker and his “Devil Dog” Marines and Captain America’s Commandos while Lulubelle keeps the Panther Lehr at bay.

Hmmm, looks like the Dead Snow zombies didn’t fair to well as ones seems to be gone, while some of Captain America’s Commandos have punched through the Red Skull line and have hit an element of the Werewolf Brigade in the flank, forcing them to turn to face and leaving no room to recoil….in the likely event such should come about! Meanwhile Red Skull and Dr. Zola look on from far to the rear in their laboratory hideout.

Needless to say, Captain Miller and Captain America trained their men well, and before all was said and done Red Skull was once again marked PAID! Having had fun with that game we decided to go for a second round, only switching armies. This time I was leading Red Skull, while Paul was leading Captain Miller.

In this first view the action has already closed, and red Skull’s troops have been pushing hard against the Hollywood Americans. The Panther Lehr have pushed back Sgt. Gunn and Lulubelle, leaving the Hydra Guard and the Death’s Head Legion to catch up.

On the left flank the Dino Panzers, Terror Bird and an element of the Dead Snow zombies have been roughing up the Hollywood boys on that side. Notice the Werewolf Brigade about to smack down Sgt. Stryker and his “Devil Dog” Marines!

As one often hears, a picture is worth a thousand words, and this picture seems to say it all. The Hollywood Americans seem to have gone to the cutting room floor, as poor Captain Miller and Captain America are asking themselves “Hey’ where’d the rest of the guys go?”!

Next up it was a real blood letting, as I foolishly took on Paul’s Barbarian Horde with my Halloween army!

I’m still trying to figure out what hit me in that one. perhaps having a general without a head isn’t the best of ideas!!!!

I then played a fun game with Kristie, and pulled of a quick win when I took out her general early on. Sorry, no pictures of that one.

My last game of the day we used some of Paul’s troops and I asked if I could command his Post Apocalyptic Mutant Army, and had a blast with it. He again commanded his Barbarian army.

This was a really fun game and was nip and tuck all the way. Several times I had the win, only to have the die roll fail me, and in the end, Paul wore me down for the win. Sorry you can’t see some of his really creative pink and green alien type mutants better, but I’m sure we’ll be seeing them again!

Here are a few shots of what was going on around me as the day wore on. Sorry I was so busy defending myself I have no details of the other games.

Bob Gunter and David Crenshaw foreground bashing it out with DBN. That’s Dave Cliffel in the back ground, but not sure if he’s yawning, or gaping in amazement  after losing a predicted combat win!

Some of Bob and David’s Napoleonic game.

There was lots of other gaming going on, and here’s a quick shot of another part of the room. Sorry, but can’t tell you what all they were playing.

Well, that’s my report for the day. Had a great time - fun games, excellent fellowship and even came home with some wins!!!!

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." - Richard Adams

Offline TXWargamer

• Librarian
Re: Red Skull and Captain America at It Again!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 09:45:58 PM »
Thanks for posting the pictures. It looks like a great time.
After diversions into many games our Dallas group of Hott, DBA, and DBX
is hoping for a similar day soon.

Keep up the fun Nashville crew.

Offline Barry S

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
    • http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/LeadBear/
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 12:20:24 AM »
Thanks Terry. Great to see some photos of your games again.

Barry

PS: I hope Bert is well :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:22:56 AM by Barry S »
Barry

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l12/LeadBear/

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »
That looks like a blast.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 09:38:51 PM »
Thank you for sharing your game reports. I do like Captain America and the red Skull, but then you mentioned Halloween Army! Love the headless general!

It's the small clubs that stick together that makes the hobby all the more enjoyable.

Cheers,

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Terry37

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »
Thank you everyone for the positive comments. I was pleased to confirm that the two armies - Capt. America and Red Skull - were a good even match, which makes for a more enjoyable game.

Helen, earlier this year we, our little group, decided on doing a Halloween theme game day so folks put together HOTT armies based on Halloween. Turned out to be great fun, and some really creative armies made it to the board - some of the benefits of HOTT, small armies and open for creative thinking.

This link will take you to the battle report of our Halloween day. Pictures on page 2.

http://fanaticus.org/discussion/showthread.php?t=18107

Terry

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 09:11:56 PM »
Thanks Terry for your comments and link.

I look forward in reading future game reports.

Cheers,

Helen