Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:47:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Beyond The Pagoda 28mm Warfare in S.E Asia Burmese, Laos, Siamese, Vietnam 1820  (Read 21210 times)

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Good stuff.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Any swordsmen coming? Hand-weapons I mean, as opposed to just spearmen? I have no idea what is appropriate. I just received my order from Steve Barber - very nice figures, though slightly taller than I expected. I may actually use them for the purpose intended!  ;) The other option is as proxies for Tekumel, trimming off the muskets!  ;D

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Yes Steve will be working on a villager armed with sword and axe, which I have just commissioned and there will be further swordsmen

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Glad to preview a photo of a Siamese Musketeer standing firing armed with slung Dha sword , designed for a fellow Pagoda addict who is jointly involved with the project . Designed and sculpted by Steve Barber
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:00:57 PM by Shipka »

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Sir Barnaby Rye-Hammond, your wish for a swordsman has been realised, the following green represents a Siamese/Laos villager armed with both sword and an axe called a Mak.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 11:59:15 AM by Shipka »

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
love the Siamese helmets....some fierce looking hand held weapons! :o

cheers
Ged
www.gringo40s.com

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Scary when you think that villages fought dressed as above, the engagements were savage....watch the film Bang Rajan
Which is based on fact !

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
I was asked if Gringos40 Tonkin figures were suitable opponents for this range of figs, the simple answer is Yes if one is selective from the Black Flags and Vietnamese. There were several wars between the Siamese and the Vietnamese were allies to the Laos during the first have of the 19thC.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
Sir Barnaby Rye-Hammond, your wish for a swordsman has been realised, the following green represents a Siamese/Laos villager armed with both sword and an axe called a Mak.

Looks great! Hopefully more to follow as you expand the range. I really like the sampling I purchased back in the April sale. Will be expanding my collection as expenses allow. And there is another local gamer I am going to show them to, only we haven't been able to coordinate a game for several weeks now.

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Every Siamese or Lao village needed their own Monk

Offline gringo

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
simple but splendid sculpt

cheers
Ged
www.gringo40s.com

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
I hope people remember that these fierce-looking Siamese just don't win wars; depressing history, though entirely congruent with their performance as students and administrators. Rule 1: Don't learn to swim until you've fallen in the water. Rule 2: Complain as you go under for the third time that "to swimmin difficun".
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
I could see the monk having loads of different usages. 
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
Yes one of the followers suggested Frostgrave!

Offline Shipka

• Mastermind
    • RussoTurkishWar1877
https://www.stevebarbermodels.com/113-28mm-burmese-laotian-and-siamese-armies

These are the current releases now featuring on SBM web site, there is one figure yet to be released and that is a Siamese Infantryman in Helmet standing firing
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 09:17:53 PM by Shipka »