Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:28:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690827
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Early War WW1 Scots  (Read 6075 times)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Early War WW1 Scots
« on: March 29, 2009, 02:29:29 PM »
Dont know if anyone else noticed these or got some photos but there were some very nice WIP Scots for WW1 from Musketeer at Salute

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Early War WW1 Scots
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »
Dont know if anyone else noticed these or got some photos but there were some very nice WIP Scots for WW1 from Musketeer at Salute

Thanks Karl, if you plug Bill maybe he will shows us folks here a photo or two.

Helen
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Paul Hicks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:25:59 PM »
Sorry everyone but Bill gave them straight away to the guys from Griffin moulds that were at Salute. Give it a week or two and you should see some soon.

Paul

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:34:58 PM »
I love Musketeer Miniatures figures, they are probably the nicest Great War figures I have. But why are they so wee? I'm the chap that usually doesn't care about that kind of thing, but even I have my limits. They look like midgets next to the rest of my collection, and so I'm very sorry to say that the small sample I have shall probably be the last I purchase.

I'm very sad about this but what can I do? I don't want to start again from scratch at this stage, it just isn't an option. Even if I could do that they don't do any Germans.

:'(
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 12:06:30 AM »
Sorry everyone but Bill gave them straight away to the guys from Griffin moulds that were at Salute. Give it a week or two and you should see some soon.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I'll need to update the list of new products for WW1.

Chow,

Helen

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:09:02 AM »
I love Musketeer Miniatures figures, they are probably the nicest Great War figures I have. But why are they so wee? I'm the chap that usually doesn't care about that kind of thing, but even I have my limits. They look like midgets next to the rest of my collection, and so I'm very sorry to say that the small sample I have shall probably be the last I purchase.

I'm very sad about this but what can I do? I don't want to start again from scratch at this stage, it just isn't an option. Even if I could do that they don't do any Germans.

:'(

Hi Dylan,

Can you please enlighten us about the size. When you say wee.... I believe that there will be Germans coming from Bill's care of Paul at some date in the future unless I'm mistaken otherwise.

Helen

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 12:27:38 AM »
Just that they are noticeably smaller than Brigade, Renegade and Great War Miniatures. Smaller enough for even someone as lax as me on this kind of thing to think twice about using them. I'll try and get some comparison shots done in the week if I get time so you can see what I mean.

Gorgeous sculpting, though, can't emphasize that enough. Such a pity they don't match with what I already have in my collection.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:29:22 AM by Plynkes »

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 12:30:07 AM »
Just that they are noticeably smaller than Brigade, Renegade and Great War Miniatures. Smaller enough for even someone as lax as me on this kind of thing to think twice about using them. I'll try and get some comparison shots done in the week if I get time so you can see what I mean.

Gorgeous sculpting, though, can't emphasize that enough. Such a pity they don't match with what I already have in my collection.

Thanks Dylan, that would be great.

Helen

Offline Le matou rouge

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:44:11 AM »

Dear Plynkes,
Thanks for the future comparison shots and for the rest, to each his own !  ;)
I'm glad to know someone keep on producing true 28 mm (25 mm  :-*)  as "old" Foundry, RAFM, Dixon, Perry,  etc.

You don't know how feel a bit disappointed when I recieved a big order from Brigade and saw the mini were so "huge" !
Now, I'm always a bit scared to order from new companies all because of the scale creep ! What a stressing hobby, isn't it ?

meow,
Matt 
We are the Village Green Preservation Society
We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular
Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula
Ray Davies

Offline WillieB

• Mastermind
  • Gotcha!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
As Plynkes already said the Musketeer figures are gorgeous sculpts and they do fit in with several other ranges.
Anglian, for example if you want to do ECW3,  Bolt Action for partizans ( more Irish!) and even Woodbine (Gripping Beast).

Often forgotten, but the old Battle Honours WWI ranges are still very good,and again fit very well with Musketeer. Don't know if they are still available in Europe though. The guns are a bit smaller but nothing too noticable.

Really like Great War Miniatures too, but prefer to keep them in separate units. Not too keen on Renegade anymore after a few really bad castings.

Panic, Chaos and Disorder. My job here is done

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 05:01:43 PM »
Matt

I would be up for some trades if your not going to use the bigger stuff

Svennn
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 05:51:17 PM »
Links to some WIP shots on the Musketeer forum:

Scots:

http://www.musketeer-miniatures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=439

plus a BEF Vickers team and- just for Plynkes - some German WIPs :

http://www.musketeer-miniatures.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=441

;)
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 08:00:34 PM »

Looking good so far but the heads are a little small  ;D

...these are at a very early stage but German dolls…. Yes!!!!!  :)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline Musketeer

• Scientist
    • Footsore Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 08:48:34 PM »
Hi Plynkes

Paul sculpts his figures to match in with 1/56th scale vehicles and weapons that are available, and as with the stuff he did for BAM and Anglian they match in very will at this size.
He also sculpts, as I do and all the other sculptors out there, to what he thinks looks right to his eye. As we all have a different view of this all figure will have differences and that is unlikely ever to change I'm afraid. Ours are about 27-28mm to the eye which is about right as we see it. GWM are about 28mm. Not sure about Renegade but they seem to be the odd ones out as they look about 30mm IIRC which is why there is such a noticeable difference.

Cheers

Bill

"I see lead people"

http://footsoreminiatures.co.uk/

Offline Le matou rouge

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 06:36:46 PM »
Matt

I would be up for some trades if your not going to use the bigger stuff

Svennn

Thanks for the kind offer, Svennn, but "no way, Mate" !  ;)

I wanted them for so long, that I can't resign myself to drop them by (in fact, I can't stand to drop any figure as a true addict lol)
And at least, even bigger, this lot is "consistent" ; I hope to show it soon  :D

meow,
Matt