Forum > Pulp

Humanities Professor - 23 Aug - Idle Pulping

(1/21) > >>

Idle Doodler:
Greetings, one and all! A long, long-time lurker here emerging from the shadows. I've spent the last year or so casually flicking through various rulesets, and in particular have enjoyed perusing the various Pulp Alley releases. These miniatures are my first foray into modern pulp and, idle painter that I am, have taken far too long to finish!

The Anthropologist

The Sociologist

The Historian

Comments and criticism most welcome, including in the area of photography. As you can see, I'm particularly struggling with eliminating the shininess from the minis - slapping on matt varnish doesn't seem to be helping, so maybe I'm missing something in the photo set-up process, or in the post-photo edit?

d phipps:
Nice brush work! And I like your clear bases. Well done.

I am sure someone will share some tips about the shine, but I wouldn't let it concern you. They are ready for action!  ;)

Neotacha:
Nice job!

As far as the shine goes, do they look shiny in person?  It may just be the camera mucking you about.

Idle Doodler:

--- Quote from: d phipps on August 22, 2017, 10:27:55 PM ---Nice brush work! And I like your clear bases. Well done.

I am sure someone will share some tips about the shine, but I wouldn't let it concern you. They are ready for action!  ;)

--- End quote ---

Thanks Mr Phipps! I'm still not entirely sure they'll remain stuck to their bases for a great length of time, but I'm holding off pinning them for now!

Idle Doodler:

--- Quote from: Neotacha on August 23, 2017, 02:21:10 AM ---Nice job!

As far as the shine goes, do they look shiny in person?  It may just be the camera mucking you about.

--- End quote ---

Thank you, Neotacha. To my inexpert eye, they're not glossily shiny, but they do seem to have more of a sheen after using the matt varnish. That said, I do think the camera highlights the shine. I am currently munching on many cornflakes and knocking back the tea with the aim of finishing off the milk in the fridge - I hear the empty bottles make for passable light diffusers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version