Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:30:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690641
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: And Now Undeads! (kickstarter)  (Read 17874 times)

Offline MattW

• Librarian
Re: The Elven Lords, Kickstarter Will be back, LastSword Miniature
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2017, 12:47:57 AM »
I think you should wait until after Christmas- people are likely to be spending their money on others, rather than themselves at this time of year.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2017, 10:47:05 AM »
I think you should wait until after Christmas- people are likely to be spending their money on others, rather than themselves at this time of year.

Agreed, with few notable exceptions KS pledges drop noticeably over the Christmas period.
If the campaign is still as important as you mentioned before, do not run it until after the holiday season.

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2017, 11:25:19 AM »
Agreed, with few notable exceptions KS pledges drop noticeably over the Christmas period.
If the campaign is still as important as you mentioned before, do not run it until after the holiday season.

Then again - I was running the most successful of my campaigns around Christmas. Maybe it was the absence of all the big names around that time?

Either way - best of luck with the campaign!
westfaliaminiatures.com - proper stuff in 28mm

Offline UlrichvonDiakanov

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2017, 06:16:58 PM »
Thank guys or your comments. We have been reading them ;)

Our Kickstarted presentation done. It will be running from December 1srt to December 17th.

https://lastsword.com/en/elven-lords-relaunching/

I hope that you like!
LastSword.com

Drop me a message at: hello@lastsword.com

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2017, 07:26:29 PM »

Ok, now is your turn ;)

This is our Elven Lords project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastsword/elven-lords.

We appreciate so much if you share everywhere ;)

Thank you guys!

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2017, 01:16:50 PM »
Kicstarter is running!!

Our Elf Prince stretch goals has been unlocked!! What is next? Command Squad' sprue .

This is some pictures of our Prince.

If you wish to see a 360º video, check our blog: https://lastsword.com/en/kickstarter-elf-prince/

Thank you guys for your support!

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »
Once again, they look awesome.

However, the average wargamer is looking at 35-40 USD for a regiment of 20.

When a small Spanish company like mom miniaturas can offer 20 resin dwarves of comparable quality, these are not the price range they should be. Yes I am taking into account the multipart nature and posabillity. Unfortunately that option does not always translate to higher market price because wargamers take such options for granted with plastic kits.

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »

Thank you Marcus for your comment.

As you said, Elven Lords infantry miniatures are multi-pose. Besides you can mix all pieces among them. Futhermore we manufacture with plastic resin, to much ressitant that polyurethane resin. There are a few elements who make this miniatures expensive to manufacture.

You has mencionated Mon Miniatures, I would like to make you a question, have you ever buy them?

If you do, and you think that our products can be comparate togheter, it is ok.

If you never have done, please, do it and then let us know your opinion ;)

I don't wanna talk about other "small companies" like us in that way, so just try to have a real experience painting them and painting us.

Thanks again.

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 04:09:38 PM »
Thank you Marcus for your comment.

As you said, Elven Lords infantry miniatures are multi-pose. Besides you can mix all pieces among them. Futhermore we manufacture with plastic resin, to much ressitant that polyurethane resin. There are a few elements who make this miniatures expensive to manufacture.

You has mencionated Mon Miniatures, I would like to make you a question, have you ever buy them?

If you do, and you think that our products can be comparate togheter, it is ok.

If you never have done, please, do it and then let us know your opinion ;)

I don't wanna talk about other "small companies" like us in that way, so just try to have a real experience painting them and painting us.

Thanks again.

1. Yes I have bought some.

2. You do not want to have a reasoned discussion about comparisons in quality and material done by two companies in the same small niche market, hailing from the same general geographic area?

I'm sorry what? As a consumer, comparison and discussion go hand in hand. How can you deny that we should discuss your products in a comparative way to other similar products on the market.

3. Last, but most definitely not least, you use plastic resin.  Resin, in an of itself, is an inexpensive material. Hence why Miniatures from other manufacturers are less expensive than what you are trying to produce for the price you are asking.

Here is a more mainstream Example:

Mantic basilean paladin regiment. 20 multipart Miniatures made of plastic resin. 27.49 euro.

Less posabillity without conversion, but good quality on detail and same family of material.

Your elven lords: 20+1 Miniatures for 55 euro. Not counting the plus one because it is listed as a free extra.

Same number of Miniatures, same family of material. Slightly better quality detail. More poseable in nature. Double the cost.

Let me repeat that. Double the cost. For marginally better quality and pose options.

How do those relatively small upsides make the unit twice the cost?

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2017, 04:45:36 PM »

It is nice that people buy spanish models.

I would like to explain to you why I do not want to have a fridenly discuss about other companies. It is easy, because now we are one of them. I don not mind if players and customers have any discuss, honestly I like when that happend. Althoguh we  offer all help if someone ask for it to talk about our miniatures. Even, we have sent some models, to people who ask for them, just to know the material, size, manufacturing... So, no we are here no to discuss, we are here to offer our productos and all information that people could need.

I am sorry to tell you that polyurethane resin and plastic resin is not the same material. Cost and manufacture process are different. Our manufacturer have spent more than one year testing  to find the right formule for our miniatures. Miniature production cost, is not only resin grams, there are a lot of element who sum.

I sure that you now GamesWorkshop plastic resin. It is different than Mantic resin, equal as our resin is different to the other ones.

To me is not really good if you do not think that our products deserve higher prices than others companies. But I would like tell you, that we haven spent more that two years developing LastSword Miniatures. From the beggining until today we have no take any money out from the companie. Even I had been working aboard, far from my partner, my family and my friends, to get money. All this money has been invested in LastSword Miniatures.

Even now, I we have a big success with our Kickstarter campaing, all the money will go straight to the following campaign.

So, we are no more "expensive" because we would like to become richmen. That is the price that people have to pay if they want to find something new in the market.

Remember that a company is its, process, products and all people who make it possible.

Tx.

Offline lord marcus

• Scientist
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 04:55:28 PM »
It is nice that people buy spanish models.

I would like to explain to you why I do not want to have a fridenly discuss about other companies. It is easy, because now we are one of them. I don not mind if players and customers have any discuss, honestly I like when that happend. Althoguh we  offer all help if someone ask for it to talk about our miniatures. Even, we have sent some models, to people who ask for them, just to know the material, size, manufacturing... So, no we are here no to discuss, we are here to offer our productos and all information that people could need.

I am sorry to tell you that polyurethane resin and plastic resin is not the same material. Cost and manufacture process are different. Our manufacturer have spent more than one year testing  to find the right formule for our miniatures. Miniature production cost, is not only resin grams, there are a lot of element who sum.

I sure that you now GamesWorkshop plastic resin. It is different than Mantic resin, equal as our resin is different to the other ones.

To me is not really good if you do not think that our products deserve higher prices than others companies. But I would like tell you, that we haven spent more that two years developing LastSword Miniatures. From the beggining until today we have no take any money out from the companie. Even I had been working aboard, far from my partner, my family and my friends, to get money. All this money has been invested in LastSword Miniatures.

Even now, I we have a big success with our Kickstarter campaing, all the money will go straight to the following campaign.

So, we are no more "expensive" because we would like to become richmen. That is the price that people have to pay if they want to find something new in the market.

Remember that a company is its, process, products and all people who make it possible.

Tx.

What im getting from this is that you are near commercial production, and are using Kickstarter to back fill expenses imposed by hiring a production company/factory.

I also see that you are unwilling to have friendly discussion about the merits of a product you are trying to promote.

Offline powerfrog99

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2017, 06:42:41 PM »
I have just pledged for some minis, because I like the design and scale (fits to WHFB), even if the price per mini is a bit above my usual limit.
Compared to the first try the KS campaign now looks to me like it should including some nice examples of the painted product.  :)
The material is hopefully up to the job.

just my 2 cents

cheers Thomas
These days it's Wargods and Warhammer Armies Project I am working on !

Check out my gallery here on LAF
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=2521

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2017, 08:59:16 PM »

Thank you Mr Frog!

Now th campaing is running to much better with the new pictures ;)

Offline Sylvain

• Assistant
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2017, 09:31:32 PM »

Mantic basilean paladin regiment. 20 multipart Miniatures made of plastic resin. 27.49 euro.

what Mantic calls "plastic resin" is actually PVC plastic, absolutly not resin

I'm not sure what lastsword production is like, but they said polyurethane resin (vaccuum? spincast?, with plastic filler?) but it's a lot more expensive to produce than pvc ;) (once you have paid the moulds)
you really can't compare the 2 regarding cost, although I get why as a player you would compare the price you pay for a regiment

• Scientist
    • LastSword Miniatures
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2017, 12:21:31 PM »
Tx Sylvain for your comment. We don't use PVC, this material is calling "plastic resin".

We have a new 360 video of our Drako banner!

Check our at the article: https://lastsword.com/en/elven-lords-drako-banner/
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:28:02 PM by UlrichvonDiakanov »