Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:53:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686616
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Market Garden playtest for game@MINIWARS in Fullerton California Sat. Sept 30th  (Read 842 times)

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
Fellow Gamers,

I know there are some other LAFers based in Southern California, so I'm hoping that in addition to sharing enthusiasm and some decent terrain-building and game pics, this post may succeed in recruiting a few attendees for when this game is played for real at the HMGS-PSW (Historical Miniature Gaming Society, Pacific South-West) MINIWARS convention, to be held on the weekend of Friday September 29th to Sunday October 1st, in the Titan Student Union at California State University, Fullerton.

I just put up a post on my blog with an AAR for our last play-test game, covering the 101st Airborne at Eindhoven and the Wilhelmina Canal.

We also set up the terrain on a second table for the 82nd Airborne's operations at Nijmegen and the Waal River.

My post also covers how I built the canal and river, to go along with the Rhine River I built a few years ago for an Arnhem game played by the same gaming club.

If interested in seeing and reading more on all these subjects, please visit my blog post by clicking this LINK:

http://maiwandday.blogspot.mx/2017/08/a-canal-too-far-for-operation-market.html

Here's a LINK to a blog created by another dedicated member of the club putting on this big game, to track progress of this Market Garden project from start to finish:

http://opmktgdn.blogspot.com

And finally here's a LINK for anyone interested in learning more about the MINIWARS convention or even buying tickets online:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hmgs-psw-mini-wars-2017-tickets-35535431432

...and thanks in advance for investing more of your time if you do so!

Here are some TEASER PICS from the post on my blog, giving a taste of the terrain and the play-test game:

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 06:48:32 AM by Mad Guru »
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
And here I was clicking on the topic thinking "hey cool, a game being played in Eindhoven!" (which is 3 hours away from me, so doable)...but then seeing the game is situated in Eindhoven :D. Awesome pictures by the way. Love those parachutes!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Fellow Gamers,

I know LAF is largely a European and UK forum, but I also know there are some other LAFers based in Southern California, so I'm hoping that in addition to sharing enthusiasm and some decent terrain-building and game pics, this post may succeed in recruiting a few attendees for when this game is played for real at the HMGS-PSW (Historical Miniature Gaming Society, Pacific South-West) MINIWARS convention, to be held on the weekend of Friday September 29th to Sunday October 1st, in the Titan Student Union at California State University, Fullerton.

Surely there are a fair few 'mercans and other colonials here to?`Anyway, lovely game board. Interesting work on the river and parachutes.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
That sure is/was some enterprise!  8) :-*
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
Market Garden playtest for game@MINIWARS in Fullerton California Sat. Sept 30th
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 06:47:35 AM »
My apologies to both Malebogia and Hammers for any accidentally misleading or unintentionally insulting impressions I made with my title and my post.

I will go back and change the title, and slightly edit the intro, as my reference to LAF being largely European and British was not needed to get my message across -- and I hope needlessly to add, was in no way whatsoever meant to be negative.  From my own POV I believe it's factually accurate, but I don't think that matters in this context.

Again, my apologies to anyone who took offense -- and my thanks for the kind comments from Malebolgia and Hammers and Silent Invader re: the game photos.

And if anyone from anywhere around the world chooses to attend, you will certainly be welcomed with open arms at the upcoming MINIWARS gaming convention in Fullerton*, California, USA!

(*Located approximately 25 Miles/40 Kilometers South of Los Angeles)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:23:59 AM by Mad Guru »