Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:33:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686536
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Shoot N' Skedaddle Official Thread - New Tokens released!  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Shoot N' Skedaddle Official Thread - New Tokens released!
« on: September 11, 2017, 05:47:46 PM »
Disclaimer: Restarting this thread to address Shoot N' Skedaddle discussions since the old thread was broken by the Photobucket debacle (my photos and user's photos all went wonky)

Hey folks, introducing a new thread for a new edition.

Shoot N' Skedaddle, 2nd Edition is now available!

Having originally started as a simple personal gaming project in 2013, Shoot N' Skedaddle became a retail product in late 2013 with the release of the first edition cards and rules.  With some proper feedback, a couple hundred games played and a wonderful showcase at various conventions through the United States, Shoot N' Skedaddle is entering its 2nd edition.

Why a second edition?

With feedback from owners and players I wanted to develop a more streamlined, polished version of the game.  Increases in my own (somewhat poor!) photoshop skills and a new design direction to make the cards more appealing meant I wanted to do a full re-boot of the game.  The game remains quite interchangeable with the first and there are only minor rules changes.  In fact if you own SNS already you needn't be worried about buying a new copy unless you want a few different weapons/characters.

Here is the change list for 2nd edition.  Some changes I'm quite sure I have failed to list!

- Removed "Coolie" and one "Soldier" character.
- Added Sidekick, Bodyguard as new characters.
- Removed "Disguise" cards from the weapon deck.
- Removed Campaign special cards and replaced with new special cards.
- Heavily revised special decks for both Outlaws and Lawmen
- One of the Cowboy characters now begins the game mounted.
- Revised numerous weapons.
- Added LeMat pistol, 8-Gauge Shotgun, Short Sixgun.
- Removed "Slug" option from Shotgun (not historically accurate)
- Revised special rules for several characters.
- Changed rules for falling and taking damage.
- Removed long range penalty for marksmanship (was seldom used/remembered anyway!)
- Added new campaign system with different tables.
- Added custom character creation rules (actually introduced late in 1st edition)
- Redid the cost methods for characters to ensure they're all in-line with new custom character creation.
- Added optional weather rules.
- Added rules for wild animal encounters.
- Replaced scenarios with new ones.
- Changed rulebook images.
- Redesigned art for all weapon cards.
- Redesigned art for all special cards, both decks.
- Redesigned all art for character cards.
- New dice value page
- Anything else I missed!

New contents!

The new contents are shown below.  As with the last edition, the game cards (necessary for play) will be available in three different ways: boxed cards, unboxed cards, and PDF printable cards.

The Character Deck

Special Decks, one Outlaw, one Lawmen.

The Weapon Deck

What do you need to play?

Players will need the following:
- A 3'x3' or larger playing area.
- Miniatures and terrain as desired (played any scale)
- A CD or DVD to act as a blast template (you can see one I sprayed in the image above - easy!)
- The SNS decks (Characters, Lawmen, Outlaws, Weapons)
- The rulebook (downloadable PDF)
- A tape measure or two
- Some markers for "moving fast", "wounded", etc.
- A handful of each of the following: D6, D8, D12, and D20 dice*.
- Two decks of matching playing cards.

*The rulebook PDF includes a link at the very end to allow players to order colour matched dice directly from Chessex if so desired.

How do I purchase SNS?

Purchase links can be found at the blog: http://shootnskedaddle.blogspot.com/

Printed materials will be available thru Gamecrafter, and the PDF version will be thru Gamecrafter and Wargame Vault.  Links will be available on the blog itself.  The rules are a free downloadable PDF - also available from Wargame Vault or either of the Gamecrafter pages (scroll down to the bottom of the product page and see "Downloads").

Get in touch!

With the relaunch of the game, I've re-done the blog here: http://shootnskedaddle.blogspot.com/

I've also added a TurnStyle Games Facebook page to help people get in touch with me, or communicate with other gamers: https://www.facebook.com/TurnStyleGames/

FAQs and Errata
Here is the FAQ/Errata page if you run into any issues (will be compiling this as a list grows!): http://shootnskedaddle.blogspot.com/2016/08/faqs-and-errata.html

Print to Order

For those unaware, as a single person attempting to design and sell this game I haven't the time/money/facilities to produce a game on a large scale.  As such the printed cards and materials are sold through The Gamecrafter, a site which allows for print-on-demand products.  As such, when customers place an order there will be a delay (about a week normally) before The Gamecrafter will print and mail their order.  Please take this into consideration.  While this diminishes any profit I would make it allows me to sell the game without running a small warehouse here myself!

RAFFLE
The winner of the LAF 2nd Edition raffle is the scholar himself, Mad Lord Snapcase!  He will receive a free copy of the unboxed Shoot N' Skedaddle cards.

Shoot N' Skedaddle: Around the World

Let me know where you're playing Shoot N' Skedaddle and I'll update this world map!

Dec. 12th: Snake Oil Expansion available!

Alright folks, check out the Snake Oil Expansion!  Includes four new special cards for the Outlaws and Lawmen, nine new characters and a new "Snake Oil" deck consisting of ten different tonics and salves, guaranteed* to increase the fighting stamina and prowess of your would-be cattle rustlers!

*Disclaimer: Not intended for use by humans.  May cause diarrhea, constipation, internal bleeding, loss of focus, loss of teeth, frequent nausea, thinning of the blood, and possible dementia.

Dec. 12th: Alternate special decks available!

These are identical copies to the standard special decks, but feature a different colour on the back, allowing for players to run their own special deck during a game (no need for two Lawmen posses to share a special deck when playing a game, etc.).  These decks are 40 cards each, including the four new special cards from the Snake Oil Expansion.  Note that one or two of these new cards require the Snake Oil Expansion to use.

I'll be updating the rulebook shortly with a few paragraphs to cover the use of the Snake Oil Deck itself.

Shoot N' Skedaddle Tokens Available!

https://shootnskedaddle.blogspot.com/2017/09/shoot-n-skedaddle-tokens-available-and.html

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 05:52:24 PM by Elbows »
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Shoot N' Skedaddle Official Thread - New Tokens released!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 03:23:37 PM »
If anyone is attending Southern Front, October 6th-8th in Raleigh, NC I'll be there, hosting two games of SnS on Saturday - possibly a third game on Sunday depending on the crowd/tables.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »
I ran a test scenario last night for some buddies from the 40K club I've been gaming with.

This was a scenario I've run before; the Outlaws must get across the board and destroy the train station using dynamite (or the "Sabotage" card - which is also dynamite).

Initially the Outlaws were suffering quite bad, with several characters killed.  Then it all went south for the Lawmen.

- The "Older Brother" was slain, so the "Younger Brother" fled the table.
- The Deadly Pistolero starting farming lead, killing a Soldier and wounding both the Trail Boss and the Marshal before being taken out.
- A wiley prostitute snuck all the way down mainstreet and into a secret tunnel...she had several sticks of dynamite hidden in her dress.
- She made it into the ticket office of the station through this tunnel and then started chucking dynamite into the building.
- She blew up a horse, wounded and shocked a Lawmen and finally blew up the building - which in turn came crashing down and killed another lawmen.

The Outlaw players won the game, despite looking to be in dire straights early on. 

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 01:40:38 PM »
That is a very impressive gaming board you have there.  8)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 01:42:42 PM »
Thanks, Vamp.  I have a rather unhealthy amount of Old West terrain at this point.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 12:32:27 PM »
Well, sad news.  Something has arisen which will prevent me from attending the Southern Front gaming convention - so I shall be unable to host the game there.  Apologies to anyone who may have planned on getting a game in.  :-[

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 01:10:13 PM »
Hi Elbows,

I am planning a game of Shoot N' Skedaddle in early November. There will be three players, are there any scenarios for a three player game?

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 02:15:28 PM »
Not that I've written up...I've actually a stack of "started" scenarios, etc...but been struggling with motivation to finish them.  I can whip one up if you like --- what kind of terrain do you have, any inspiration for what you'd like to run?

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 03:42:13 PM »
I can whip one up if you like

Well, that is very generous of you, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Yes please!

what kind of terrain do you have

Mainly 4Ground buildings as in the photo below, but I have since added the Undertakers, the gallows, the Sassy Gal Saloon and a water tower.

any inspiration for what you'd like to run?

Maybe one player as the Lawmen and two players as separate Outlaw gangs? The two Outlaw gangs should have conflicting interests to avoid them teaming up and massacring the Lawmen! Some indoor action to take advantage of the 4Ground removable roofs and floors.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 08:09:22 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 07:46:18 PM »
Cool, my mind was already heading that way.  Will do.  I'll run a test game or two (without showing it off) to see how it works out.  Will have something to you within the week.  Maybe this'll jumpstart my enthusiasm to release a batch of scenarios.

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 08:04:59 PM »
Here is one I have used several times. Two outlaw gangs one lawmen gang - one gang member has killed the brother of the other gangs leader and is locked up in jail. That gang wants to kill the jailbird the other wants to break him out. The law of course wants to protect him so he can have his day before the judge and be fitted for a noose.

Works 😎

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 08:08:38 PM »
Yep, there are plenty of routes to go with three-way games.  Lawmen can also be split...you can have local posses...Federal vs. State, State vs. Local, Texas vs...everyone. :D

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 08:36:58 PM »
Hell, the outlaws were sometimes lawmen and the lawmen outlaws. It wasn't always like in the movies. Just look at someone like "Deacon Jim" Miller: Deputy Sheriff, Town Marshall, Texas Ranger, saloon keeper, killer-for-hire. Got into a feud with the Sheriff of Pecos, Texas. There were several shooting incidents (Miller survived two attempts on his life with the old Fistful of Dollars boiler-plate bullet-proof vest dodge) before the sheriff was gunned down by Miller while he played cards.

The Earp/Clanton-McLaury feud had lawmen on both sides, too. It doesn't seem to have been all that unusual for lawmen to be shooting each other.  :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 09:37:44 PM »
Agreed..reading any history of the Old West, it was not uncommon for someone to do whatever it was that paid best - or anything offered by someone they knew - often switching from criminal to lawman and back...and back again. :D

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 08:45:49 AM »
Cool, my mind was already heading that way.  Will do.  I'll run a test game or two (without showing it off) to see how it works out.  Will have something to you within the week.  Maybe this'll jumpstart my enthusiasm to release a batch of scenarios.

Great thanks.
(without showing it off)
That will be good as the other two players are also members of this forum. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.   ;D

warlord frod, that's a very nice scenario, I'll keep that in mind, cheers.

Plynkes, thanks for that info on Miller, I'd not heard of him but will be reading up on him now for use in a future game.

btw, just received my set of the new tokens and the alternate special deck ready for the game, great stuff!   :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:54:51 AM by Mad Lord Snapcase »