Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:26:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Need some Evil Children?  (Read 3057 times)

Offline Cranky

• Assistant
Need some Evil Children?
« on: March 22, 2009, 05:54:01 PM »

Comfy Chair games has released their evil Orphan swarms for Spinespur. You can get them at the comfy chair games web-site, the LGS or The Warstore.com.

Comes with 4 mischevious orphan models and a large base.

Also available is Amy Brighteyes and Billy Burns

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Need some Evil Children?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »
Quite like these. Would go well with the evil children from Black Cat bases.

Offline Curryman

• Librarian
    • The Screaming Alpha
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »
I've always been a bit leery of Comfy Chair's stuff, if only because their game seems so peculiar. Also, has anybody seen any of their minis in person? I seem to recall reading that they use a somewhat unusual large scale like 30 or 35mm. If that's untrue they make one or two minis I might like to pick up..
-Curry
Check out The Screaming Alpha http://thescreamingalpha.com for the best in miniature and RPG reviews, guaranteed! [Not a guarantee]

Offline number9

• Librarian
    • breadandwargames
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »
I've got all the orphans from Comfy chair and while not terribly out of proportion with most adult sized models on the market, they are noticeably larger than Hasslefree's kids models. By that I mean larger heads, hands, feet, and marginally taller. The difference was significant enough to prevent me from mixing the two on the same large base to represent a "swarm", though others may not be as picky.

The sculpts and castings are really quite nice though.

Offline Cranky

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 07:01:20 PM »
I've always been a bit leery of Comfy Chair's stuff, if only because their game seems so peculiar. Also, has anybody seen any of their minis in person? I seem to recall reading that they use a somewhat unusual large scale like 30 or 35mm. If that's untrue they make one or two minis I might like to pick up..
-Curry

The only thing that may be peculiar is the subject matter, the game and mechanics themselves are quite tight and challenging. Model sizes are in line with Heroic scale models where the top of the head is 32mm high. We also like beefier feeling models that have some weight to them. Models like HACK are 35mm at top of head because he's a 7+ foot tall chainsaw weilding maniac.

By that I mean larger heads, hands, feet, and marginally taller. The difference was significant enough to prevent me from mixing the two on the same large base to represent a "swarm", though others may not be as picky.
As a note, they were sculpted by Bobby Jackson who just did some more modern children for Reaper. They do fit in the same scale nicely.

Offline Cranky

• Assistant
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 07:06:53 PM »
BTW, the dumpster in the background of the picture is made by Armorcast for 28mm models. That should help with visual scaling.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 07:33:02 PM »
Quite nice. Spinespur is on list...
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Wolf 359

• Scientist
    • WhatThe?!Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 03:44:38 AM »
-Curry

Scale's good. I have a few of them, and they're more of a traditional 28mm. They have another zombie game that is the larger scale. Spinespur is an interesting game.

One miniature is too many, and a thousand are not enough...