Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:24:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 1:16 French Cuirassier  (Read 6038 times)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: 1:16 French Cuirassier
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2018, 12:29:51 PM »
Your cuirassier is a real dude! For the horse i've already spoken!  :-*
Admiring the detail of the sword guard, I stumbled on this link, saying how highly prized are the cuirassiers sword in the collectors market:

https://sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/thread/14446/weaponedge-1802-french-cuirassier-sword

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2018, 02:52:33 PM »
I followed this thread with great interest and the result is fantastic.
Björn
, ,

Offline Plutarch64

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2018, 02:37:17 AM »
Fantastic work.

Offline wolfkarl

• Scientist
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2018, 02:54:09 AM »
I'll say it again, FANTASTIC!. I remember the plastic kits would come with a very thin sheet of plastic to cut your own reins and belts. There never seemed to be enough though. Now you just need to get a display case big enough to protect your work.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2018, 09:21:46 AM »
Cracking work  8)

I’ve got an old 1/16 ECW Officer somewhere and it’s very tempting to dig him out  :)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Battle Brush Sigur

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2018, 03:19:29 PM »
@DintheDin: Thanks! :) funnily enough, several people in other forums also chose the term "dude" to describe him. :D Must be the size. I guess "mini" doesn't really fit in this case. Thanks for the link, I passed it on. Whenever I see such a thing on some level I want one too. But then again I don't fancy myself a 'swords for decorations' kind of person. It's weird.

@Driscoles: Thanks, glad you enjoyed the thread!

@Plutarch64: Thank you for commenting!

@wolfkarl: They do? I must have missed that completely or somehow lost it. :o Good to know though for the inevitable review! Yeah, about protecting the guy..  I think of myself as capable of making figures look pretty, but generally horrible with KEEPING them pretty. I'm better with larger pieces now though, so that's at least something. At home I have no minis on display. I own the old Detolf glass cabinet of course, but seeing as how I take it with me to shows (always a hoot to load and unload. The way it lies in the car got it the nickname "snow white's coffin".) it's always empty. Maybe I'll break with that tradition now and put the cuirassier inside even between shows. Let's see.

@OSHIROmodels: Thanks, Sir! Painting 1/16th stuff is really fun. I'm already aching to do more in that scale.

At this point the guy's still on my painting desk. I just like to look at the finished model in between painting stuff I actually SHOULD be painting at the moment. :D
I also got the next larger scale project lined up as well already. Right before christmas I received this lady here:

One copy in 1/32th scale and another one in 1/24th scale. So not as big as the big dude, but in a way even more daunting in terms of painitng. I hope to get the time to work on that figure soon!

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2018, 07:08:27 PM »
Gorgeous! Let us admire the performance of your brushes once more!

Offline Nysse

• Scientist
    • Engineered Gaming
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2018, 05:33:36 PM »
Impressive work! I've got the same model in my stash waiting for me to put it together and slap some paint on it. Your work will definitely serve as an inspiration and something to aspire to!
Chronicling my fight against a growing lead pile with some occasional gaming: Engineered Gaming

Offline Breazer

• Mad Scientist
    • Breaz Brushes
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2018, 08:51:22 AM »
I really like the rider. He looks so lifelike! great job!

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2018, 12:59:35 AM »
@DintheDin: Cheers, if things work out as planned I will. :)

@Nysse: Thanks muchly!

@Breazer: Thank you, duderino!

Now for something completely different I'm currently working on - Gendarmes d'Élite in their magnificent 1815 helmets!

Here's some WIP shots:

If it was socially acceptable I'd wear one of those helmets every single day. :P These are 28mm figures by Perry miniatures. Unfortunately I only get to paint 12 of the chaps for now. But they're pretty already, right? :)

Apart from that I took pictures of another Napoleonic model. I finally got off my lazy arse and took some photos of the finished 1/16th French Cuirassier:

hope you like him!

Offline Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2018, 02:10:01 AM »
I do, I like him very much!

:-*
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2018, 08:16:54 AM »
They are superb!
And in one of them you gave us the opportunity to have a look at the cuirassier's eyes, they look as real! Very well done! Congrats! 

• Mastermind
  • Brush-for-Hire
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2018, 02:29:43 PM »
@Harry Faversham: Thanks! :)

@DintheDin: Cheers! Yeah, the face was much fun to paint indeed.

Right, I noticed an annoying thing when I was about to put the Cuirassier back into his storage box - the plume had fallen off!

So the pictures with the dark background now also feature the red plume on the helmet. :P

...and another size comparison shot with the 28mm Gendarmes d'Élite I just finished:

Right, that's that! See you when I decide to make a scenic base for the chap. :D