Forum > Fantasy Adventures

Monster Manual project

(1/44) > >>

James Holloway:
Hi all,

I recently started a new podcast, Monster Man, in which I read my way through the 1977 AD&D Monster Manual and discuss it. You can find it on libsyn ( http://monsterman.libsyn.com/ ) or just search for it in your podcatcher. But the important thing for this thread is that I've decided to try to accompany each episode with a miniature photo of at least one of the monsters featured in that episode.

I've put episodes 1 and 2 out already, so here are the photos for those:

Here's the Ahnkheg:

That's a Reaper Bones model with Grenadier and Reaper fantasy figures.

Also in episode 1 is the Ant, Giant:

Another Grenadier figure getting attacked by Halloween decorations.

And featuring in episode 2, it's the Ape, Carnivorous:

I want to say that's another Reaper figure, with adventurers from Foundry and ... I dunno.

Some of these are models I painted a long time ago, so they're not all marvelous, but I'm actually quite pleased with how much that classic text I can put on the table.

James Holloway:
More additions from today's episode: it's the Baluchitherium and the Basilisk. Sadly no Barracuda, and I was a little surprised to find I don't have a Baboon.

(A good number of the animal monsters are just going to be cheap plastic toys. Such is life.)

Arundel:
Hi James,

I'm sorry you're not getting more responses to this. I think it's a fascinating project and will follow your posts with great interest. (I admit to its being a bit of a stretch, but it reminds me a little of the lady who decided to cook her way through all of Julia Child's Introduction to French Cooking. There is something about working one's way through something in its entirety that is very attractive, I think.)

Keep up the great work!

Daryl

mdauben:
This is a cool project and one I'm going to be following.  I actually had considered doing a painting log based on the current Monster Manual, but like many things I've planned it never happened so kudos to you for actually doing it!   :)

otherworld:
I enjoyed the first couple of episodes of the podcast, James, nice start.

Let me know if I can help out with some miniatures.

Richard Scott
Otherworld Miniatures

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version