Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:44:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686503
  • Total Topics: 118106
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Wayland Games purchasing some Spartan Games' properties  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Wayland Games purchasing some Spartan Games' properties
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
Just got an email saying my customer information has been transferred... no mention of which lines they bought but this is an interesting development.  ???

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
Re: Wayland Games purchasing some Spartan Games' properties
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 04:47:19 PM »
Mine's saying:

We have some great news from Warcradle Studios!

We are proud to announce that we have acquired all rights and materials relating to the Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada and Uncharted Seas settings.

Dystopian Wars, Dystopian Legions, Armoured Clash, Firestorm Armada, Firestorm Planetfall and Uncharted Seas were created by the team at Spartan Games and we are excited to now be able to explore these settings further. We will also be developing and expanding on a large number of exciting scenic products to support these ranges.

We are actively working to bring the games to a wide audience from next year. Through Warcradle Studios, Wayland Games will be investing in all aspects of the design, development and supply of these worlds.

We are committed to producing an exciting range of new plastic and resin miniatures to support the growth of our games. These will build on the established releases as well as introduce new narrative and competitive gaming opportunities.

We are planning in-store organised play support for our games as well as a range of exciting events planned throughout 2018 and beyond.

Look out for our announcements of new products and show attendance in the coming weeks!

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 05:33:57 PM »
Not a huge surprise, Seems that acquiring properties is the new kickstarter for some companies!  lol

Good to know that the games and miniatures won't disappear, But I do wonder about how other stores are going to feel about buying stock from wayland, Essentially every FLGS's major competitor.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 07:04:10 PM »
This is good news for everyone really, keeps more options in the hobby alive. Good show, Wayland.