Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:35:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690581
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 720
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: This Is Not A Test Koyote  (Read 68746 times)

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
Re: This Is Not A Test Koyote
« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2019, 10:58:36 PM »
Thanks for the tip on the new supplement - ordered and purchased.

As ever, this thread keeps on delighting.

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
« Reply #256 on: December 26, 2019, 05:39:41 PM »
Belated 'lovely job' for the peacekeepers. Great group.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2019, 04:11:15 AM »
The Absolutely Dangerous expansion introduces three new Freelancers, the Mad Roboticist, the Party Bot, and Little Cuties.  The latter are homicidal children's toys.

Below is my take on the Little Cuties.  I used a old Malifaux Outcast Stolen model.  The SMG came from a Reaper Miniatures weapons sprue.

Lil Mae 3000 (Little Cutie)

In the US and Canada, the Lil Mae 3000 was the 'must have' Christmas gift of 2066.  Like most electronic toys, the life sized, robotic porcelain doll was manufactured overseas, but unbeknownst to both consumers and western intelligence agencies, the robots' CPUs were produced by a thrice sanctioned state-owned manufacturer controlled by a hostile foreign power.  On the eve of the End War, ten thousand Lil Maes stole away from the closets, nurseries, and play rooms where they were stored, and under the cover of darkness, made their way to electrical substations and power plants. 

The damage caused to the North American power grid by the  child-sized saboteurs was considerable.  The body count of first-responders and repair crews sent to the damaged facilities was truly horrendous.  After sabotaging or setting fire to the targeted facility, the Lil Maes would lie down and appear to deactivate themselves. When fire personnel or repairmen arrived, the giant dolls looked out of place, but the first-responders had more pressing matters to concern themselves with.... until the Lil Maes sprang to life with stolen kitchen or utility knife in each hand.

Most of the Lil Maes were destroyed by the waves of missiles that laid waste to much of the continental US and Canada.  Those the weren't vaporized in the nuclear cataclysm were compelled by their programming to find a shelter and concealment and then shut down. In the centuries that followed, intact Lil Maes were salvaged and reprogrammed by Preserve groups and robot enclaves to serve and scouts, assassins, and saboteurs.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 06:25:42 AM by Koyote »

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
« Reply #258 on: December 27, 2019, 04:24:11 AM »
How deliciously evil!

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #259 on: December 27, 2019, 05:25:03 AM »
If you get the TNT campaign going again, I hope to be able to get up into WA to play.  Wonderful stuff!
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #260 on: December 27, 2019, 09:09:16 AM »
How very"Second Variety" (published May 1953) or Screamers for the cinema fan.

Nice figure.

Hasslefree has some Alice figures that might suit this faction HFA027 to 30.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:20:29 AM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #261 on: December 29, 2019, 05:01:09 PM »
I painted a reinforcement for the Peacekeepers.  They call him... Mister Tibbs.

Officer Tibbs (Officer)

The model is from the Americano Mercenarios pack, made by Pulp Figures.

The next two models on my Post-Apoc workbench are a Quartermaster and a Tactical. 

The first model is Big Kris made by Footsore Miniatures. The model needed a little something, and since it's supposed to be the Peacekeepers' gunsmith, I added a backpack to carry his tools and extra ammo. You can't see the backpack from this angle, but you can see the greenstuff straps.

The second model is from Brother Vinni's Nuclear Sandlot model line.  It's a wonderfully dynamic model, but since it includes some very thin resin components, parts of the model are extremely fragile.  The model slipped from my hands and dropped a couple of inches onto my table.  The fall snapped both the ammo belt and bi-pod. I was able to pin and glue the belt back together.  If you look carefully, you can see the greenstuff I used to cover up the repair.  The bi-pod was a lost cause.  In hindsight, the legs of the bi-pod are so ridiculously thin, it was foolish of me to try and use it in the first place.  Unless you are painting this model purely for display, the bi-pod will eventually break.  I replaced the bi-pod with a length of wire that I shaped with needle-nose pliers and two tiny discs of greenstuff.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 03:10:07 AM by Koyote »

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #262 on: December 29, 2019, 10:17:35 PM »
Nice painting on Mr Tibbs - great skin tones. And the new additions will paint up well too.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
« Reply #263 on: December 30, 2019, 04:10:44 AM »
Great additions! I look forward to seeing this take off. Good luck.
I should be painting right now.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #264 on: December 30, 2019, 06:18:35 AM »
One more WIP Peacekeeper.  This one is another model from the Pulp Figures' Americano Mercenarios pack

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #265 on: January 02, 2020, 12:26:08 AM »
Quartermaster Abraham (Quartermaster) and Tank (Tactical)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2020, 07:47:13 AM »
Officer Barker (Officer) and Officer Tibbs (Officer)

Even though my Peacekeepers don't wear uniforms, I want the warband to have a loosely uniform feel.  Working towards this end, I gave each a matte black firearm and painted their clothing and armor using a limited palette of colors.  After finishing Quartermaster Abraham and Tank, I realized that Officer Tibbs was the only  model without an article of green clothing, so I repainted his undershirt green.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #267 on: January 04, 2020, 09:31:19 PM »
Nice stuff. You most have a fair few miniatures for this project now.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #268 on: January 05, 2020, 06:58:14 AM »
Even though I know that I'll never use all of the models in game play, it's been fun seeking out and painting a model for each Freelancer in the TNT rules.  The Mad Roboticist is one of the three new Freelancers found in the Absolutely Dangerous expansion.

Eugene (Mad Roboticist)

For my Mad Roboticist, I wanted the model to look eccentric, a bit bedraggled, and not too" techie"  I wanted a model that is identifiable as a post-apoc mechanic or technician, but I also wanted it to look out of place in a Preservers warband.  I chose 'The Doctor' from Brigade Games Miniatures' Post-Apocalyptic model line.  The model's short stature, clothing, top-hat, and ponytail checked off the 'eccentric' and 'bedraggled' boxes. The bag suggests that he's a man who works with tools (it's hard to see from the angles in the photos, but sticking out of the bag is a pair of pliers and a saw), but it's not enough to identify him as a roboticist.  To distinguish him from a post-apoc doc, I replaced the weapon in the model's left hand with a robot's arm.  If you weren't familiar with the Mad Roboticist's fluff, you might not guess his profession, but if you are "in the know" it should be obvious enough to pass muster.

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #269 on: January 07, 2020, 02:24:33 PM »
Lovely work, all of it! This last one is really cool!