Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:57:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: This Is Not A Test Koyote  (Read 68035 times)

Offline clanmac

• Mad Scientist
  • Danger - Stupid and Industrious
    • Clan Mac's Post Apocalyptia
Re: This Is Not A Test Koyote
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2017, 10:46:57 AM »
Love the backstory on these two and the Gnoblar conversion is great.
Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway

https://www.facebook.com/Junkt0wn/

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2017, 05:11:17 PM »
Brother Fumos is a terrible shot.  In fact, he's probably the worst shot in the entire warband.  None of this concerns the near-sighted Fumos, because when one is lobbing grenades at the enemy, a near miss is as good as direct hit and if grenade lands well away from the intended target, there is always the chance that the explosion will find other victims.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 05:25:40 PM by Koyote »

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2017, 05:52:16 AM »
Depend-o-Bot IG172/2 (IG-88 for short) was a victim of the Pre-Fall Americans' wasteful consumer culture.  On his way out the door to purchase Apple's newest iBot, IG-88's owner had ordered the Depend-o-Bot to walk to the curb, crawl into a dumpster and deactivate itself.  Compelled by its programming to obey, it did just that.  It remained in a sea of mankind's refuse for a century or more, until it was exhumed by scavengers and sold to a Preservers' enclave.

Among the Depend-O-Bot's first post-Fall memory was crushing a Horowitzian Savant's skull with its massive metal fist.  Prior to reactivating the robot, the Preservers' had replaced its right arm with an integral assault rifle and lovingly restored its entire exterior to near mint condition.  The Savant's hundreds of hours of labor mattered little to IG-88.  Whatever code that had made it subservient to humans and incapable of doing them harm, had been corrupted or inadvertently deleted during the Preservers’ ham-handed attempts to reactivate their newest prize.   Free from these restraints, IG-88’s self-preservation directive would not permit it to ever again become the disposable property of another entity.  So when the Savant had given the newly activated Depend-o-Bot the command to 'stand', it took IG-88 a fraction of a second to analyze the vocal and tonal qualities of the Savant's command and reason that the human believed that IG-88 was its property.  The Preserver enclave never had a chance 

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:09:20 AM by Koyote »

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2017, 06:12:21 AM »
Reminds me of the robot from 'The Planet Wyh' ("I can help!").
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 09:32:50 PM by von Lucky »
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2017, 08:30:02 AM »
Wonderful, wonderful work!

I really love what you've done with IG-88.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2017, 08:37:58 AM »
Nice robot.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2017, 04:12:07 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Even though the Preservers were nice enough to give IG-88's a new paint job, he looks too clean to be post-apocalypse robot.  When I have some time, I want to return to the model and add some minor chips and scratches. 

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2017, 08:35:20 PM »
Novitiate Biess (Mutant)

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2017, 11:30:46 PM »
Dat robot. Also, love the cultists.

Joey
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2017, 07:27:12 AM »
On a whim I decided to give Brother Bellator an improbable pair of wings.  The wings come from an old GW harpy mini.  The harpy's body is long gone, but the wings have been flapping around in one of my bits boxes for over a decade now.  

Brother Bellator (Mutant with wings mutation)

Bellator will likely be the last mutant cultist that I'll need to paint.  I just put primer on a converted TNT Gas Mask Girl model.  I'm painting her so that my mutants will have the option to hire a (mutant) Bounty Hunter freelancer.  Once she's done I'll be moving on to another project.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:16:51 AM by Koyote »

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2017, 08:47:54 PM »
TNT's Gas Mask Girl was a pleasure to paint.  Like the illustration on page 71 of the rulebook, I gave this model red irises.  This will let her pass as a mutant and not be entirely out of place alongside my mutant cultists. I will probably use her as Bounty Hunter freelancer, but she could also serve as Gunsmith or a Wasteland Hunter.

Near the tail end of our campaign I got into a discussion about the general usefulness (or the lack thereof), of the different pieces of Equipment Types.  When gas masks came up, I noted that we hadn't found much use for them in our campaign because nobody used any of the gas weapons. 

Later, this got me thinking.  Sleep and tear gas grenades don't appear to be that effective, but I have to admit that I haven't tried them for myself, so in our next campaign Gas Mask Girl will be loaded for bear with both.  And just in case one of her grenades deviates back onto her, she'll also be equipped, of course, with a gas mask.

To emphasize my plans for her, I equipped the model with grenades and replaced the bag-o-guns on the model's back with a backpack and rebreather bit that I bought from Victoria Miniatures.  The single strap that crosses her chest isn't enough to hold the backpack on, so I used GS to add some straps. 

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2017, 09:47:43 PM »
Nice conversion and painting Koyote, she pops.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2017, 04:21:54 PM »
Doctor Everett is my freelancer Sawbones, although, the model could also serve as a freelancer Merchant or Rogue Psychic.

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2017, 04:29:45 PM »
Great additions over the weekend, amazing productivity.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2017, 07:11:35 AM »
Chavez (Veteran Scout Freelancer)

It's that time of year again, so I need to get to work on my SAGA projects for Adepticon 2018. LINKY.  

If, between now and the end of March my gaming group starts another TNT campaign or if I find that I need to take a break from Britons and Romans, I may add a few more post-apoc minis to my collection.  Otherwise, it will likely be Spring before my paintbrush and I return to the ruins of post apocalypse Seattle.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:16:03 AM by Koyote »