Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:54:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 661
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: This Is Not A Test Koyote  (Read 68584 times)

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
Re: This Is Not A Test Koyote
« Reply #240 on: June 30, 2019, 05:03:38 PM »
This is an awesome thread! :-* :-* :-*

I really like the gatling nazi. What components did you use to build him?

Thanks.

The body comes from Pulp Figures’ Stahl-Mask’s Doom Squad set and the gun is a bit made by Victoria Miniatures.

Offline traveller

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2019, 06:15:43 PM »
Many thanks!

Offline Cyrus the Great

• Librarian
« Reply #242 on: July 01, 2019, 12:37:18 AM »
Koyote,
I'd say more like a giant rat.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #243 on: July 04, 2019, 07:33:13 PM »
As part of my effort to break up all the grey on my TNT board, I'm going to add Western Washington's ubiquitous Himalayan blackberry bushes to my collection of TNT terrain.  Classified here in Washington as a noxious weed, this fast growing, thorny shrub is not native to our region.  If left uncontrolled it creates impenetrable thickets of thorny vines that out-competes all native understory vegetation.  Its berries are tasty, but because its very hard to kill and spreads quickly, it's essentially the cockroach of plant world. If any shrub is going to survive the apocalypse, it will be the Himalayan blackberry.

My tabletop version of these bushes are easy to make, and since I'm not making them from flock or moss, they are very durable and won't shed little bits everywhere.

The scour pads are roughly an inch thick, so to make the bush pictured below I cut one pad in half and stacked the two pieces on top of one another. By pressing them together and and twisting the two halves in different directions, the bristles will interlock well enough that you can use a pair of scissors shape the bush.  Once satisfied with the shape, you can pull the two pieces apart, apply a generous amount of white glue to the bottom of the top half and then put them back together again, using the same twisting technique.

I mounted the bush on a styrene base and used white glue and Woodland Scenic's medium ballast to added texture to the base.  Once dry I primered it with Army Painter's Leather Brown spray primer and then painted the bush green using inexpensive acrylic paints that I buy in 8 ounce bottles from a local craft store.  I started with a dark green.  Once that was dry, I brushed on areas of lighter green to add a bit of highlighting. 

I painted the base and added tufts to match the my existing TNT terrain and models.

I have eleven more ready for texture and paint.

I finally got around to finishing all twelve areas of blackberry bushes. Like their construction, painting them was a breeze.

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #244 on: July 05, 2019, 08:29:43 AM »
They're really effective - I might have to consider something similar. Wonder how well this could be put to work for hedgerows/bocage?

Offline Chuck1372

• Librarian
« Reply #245 on: July 11, 2019, 01:45:20 AM »
This evil bastard goes by the name Pig Iron.  A mercenary gunsmith by trade and a killer by nature, he's a man of few words and even fewer interests.  In fact, aside from Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain, Pig Iron's only other passions are his salvaged minigun, Lullaby, and watching Lullaby turn his enemies into unrecognizable gobbets.  Only the most desperate or deranged warbands would consider hiring this maniac.

Pig Iron (Mercenary Gunsmith)

Who makes the "Pig Iron" figure?

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2019, 06:50:04 AM »
Who makes the "Pig Iron" figure?

He's from mad puppet (Edgar Ramos' personal minis line, iirc)
http://www.madpuppetminiatures.com/post-apocalyptic/scavenger-heavy-weapon

Gotta say Koyote, that's a really nice job on him. Mine's sat on the bench taunting me about the missing ammo belt I keep saying I'll replace  lol

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #247 on: December 22, 2019, 06:16:22 PM »
My TNT The Dog Days of Summer campaign got put on hold, in part, because one of the players had to drop out.  The player who played Mutant Cannibals in the previous campaign agreed to sub for the absent Peacekeeper player, but I got distracted by other projects and the TNT  campaign got put on hold. 

Since I won't be going to Adepticon in 2020, my urgency to paint my SAGA Moors has drained away.  I'm still putting paint on Moors, but without a deadline, I find myself easily distracted.  One such distraction has taken the form of me finishing off some Peacekeepers I started in July.   Since the substitute player doesn't have Peacekeeper models of his own, he'll use these. 

From left to right: Road Marshal Kane (Road Marshal), Officer Smith (Officer), Officer Wesson (K-9 Handler), and Sid (K-9)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 02:36:01 AM by Koyote »

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #248 on: December 22, 2019, 08:16:45 PM »
Nice pjs on great models. (as usual) I love those Marshals.

Who makes the K9?

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #249 on: December 22, 2019, 10:48:19 PM »
Nice pjs on great models. (as usual) I love those Marshals.

Who makes the K9?
Thanks. 

All four models are sold by World's End Publishing, the company that makes the This Is Not A Test rules and miniature lines.  The K-9 figure pack includes two dogs in two poses. 

The only modification I made to the models is to use greenstuff to give Officer Smith a gotee.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 10:50:58 PM by Koyote »

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2019, 10:58:55 PM »
Great work, really like the colours.

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #251 on: December 22, 2019, 11:04:23 PM »
Having been lost in SAGA for many months now, so I didn't notice the release of TNT's newest supplement, Absolutely Dangerous.

Woohoo!

Offline Weezbeez37

• Bookworm
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2019, 02:54:46 AM »
What a wonderful thread you have here Koyote! I've been following your work since the start and I'm always excited to see what new wonders you have brought to the wasteland.

Absolutely Dangerous is an excellent expansion and perfect for adding robots to the wasteland but I feel that I should bring to your attention that this is not in fact the newest expansion but it comes in at a close second. The newest expansion is The Big Book of Scenarios! One which I was just given as an early Christmas present (thanks Mars) and is definitely one that anyone who frequently wanders the wasteland should add to their collection!  And it won't break your wallet by coming in at only $6  :o
There are 20 new scenarios that were chosen from the most recent TNT Community Challenge with 10 one off mission's and 2 five mission mini campaign's. The first mini campaign introduces how to build a base/settlement for your warband to live in and the second campaign revolves around Tribal warbands.
So now that I have gotten all that out of the way I'll give the spotlight back to you and your amazing job at brightening up the wasteland.

Keep up the good work

Weez

Offline Koyote

• Mastermind
  • Disturber of the Peace
« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2019, 05:34:10 AM »
What a wonderful thread you have here Koyote! I've been following your work since the start and I'm always excited to see what new wonders you have brought to the wasteland.

Absolutely Dangerous is an excellent expansion and perfect for adding robots to the wasteland but I feel that I should bring to your attention that this is not in fact the newest expansion but it comes in at a close second. The newest expansion is The Big Book of Scenarios!

Thanks. That’s fantastic news. I’ve been waiting a long while for this book to come out. Interrupted Ritual is my submission to the scenario contest. It’s fun seeing it in print.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 11:52:35 PM by Koyote »

Offline War Monkey

• Mastermind
    • Silo1313
« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2019, 04:52:48 PM »
Those bushes look GREAT!
Just remember "If the Enemy is in range, so are YOU!

http://silo1313.blogspot.com/