Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:26:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690630
  • Total Topics: 118340
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 1st Chechen War in 28mm Kickstarter - Part 2 Announced  (Read 12992 times)

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
Re: 1st Chechen War in 28mm Kickstarter
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 06:28:10 PM »
Really interesting KS. I would like to see more figures in the future, civilians, downed pilot, tank crew, support weapons...

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 08:49:11 PM »
Really interesting KS. I would like to see more figures in the future, civilians, downed pilot, tank crew, support weapons...

Yes, hopefully after this KS there will be those as additions to their range achieved here through this KS.

Offline The_Wanderer

• Bookworm
    • My 15th Century Swiss Blog
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2017, 11:02:51 AM »
I've also given in and backed it - seems a great deal and the models look brilliant  :D
15th Century Swiss Blog: http://hrothgarswiss.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Ulu Elsomalien

• Scientist
  • Prepainted General
    • Prépeint & Cie
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2017, 01:31:36 PM »
Backed :-*. They will make very good proxies for military and neutral factions for STALKER-like game (with previous Ratnik/Lead Adventure miniatures in mind :D).
A word for miniatures, scenery and rules compulsive buying ? Zhobbyllness !

Ulu Elsomalien

Offline dhtandco

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 12:21:27 AM »
Yes civilians would be a great addition to this range

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 10:42:04 PM »
Yes civilians would be a great addition to this range

+1 !!!  ;)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2017, 03:01:05 AM »
Not been updating this much, but here's the latest. Things are going pretty well. ;)

Stretch #7 - Open at £6500 (FREE to backers who pledge "All In") - Russian Sniper Set #1 (UNLOCKED)

Stretch #8 - Open at £7250 (FREE to backers who pledge "All In") - Lifetime 10% discount on all Tiny Terrain Products purchased via our webstore (LOCKED)

OK, damn a permanent 10% discount? Phew...

Pledge an additional £20 and you can get an additional 6 unique sculpts from either side, or £35 for the full 12 addon models as well (that'll help to get them over the latest stretch goal I imagine).

Also from the latest update, whilst not part of the kickstarter a range of 1/50th vehicles are planned, which I'm rather pleased to read. :D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:06:34 AM by Wyrmalla »

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2017, 03:04:30 PM »
I would have preferred more minis in the last stretch goal rather than life time discount... 30£ for 12 miniatures seems a tad too much...
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2017, 05:23:07 PM »
I added the extra 35 for the extra 12 figures.
The cost per figure is a little more that the going rate.
Am lucky that I have a few extra bucks, I know many don't.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2017, 06:19:57 PM »
£26 into 12 models not £2.16 a model? Oh well, I'm being frivolous right now anyway.

Offline dhtandco

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2017, 03:42:16 PM »
It's £35 divided by 12 so just under £3 per mini, but with the other add ons comes out at 41 figs for £85 and the satisfaction you have in helping to bring a new range of Nice miniatures out

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2017, 05:39:56 PM »
It's £35 divided by 12 so just under £3 per mini, but with the other add ons comes out at 41 figs for £85 and the satisfaction you have in helping to bring a new range of Nice miniatures out

Absolutely, I think it is a cracking deal, if you put hasslefree Spectre or other moderns against this it works out good value, plus as you say a new range that is getting off the ground and some excellent sculpts by Igor, check out the Warhansa modern ones (and our own Lead Adventure miniatures range), wish I had backed those at the time too ;D

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2017, 06:48:16 PM »
... check out the Warhansa modern ones (and our own Lead Adventure miniatures range), wish I had backed those at the time too ;D

Warhansa moderns are really very detailed miniatures... but they lack of skills in gun handling is disconcerting!  ;D

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
The miniatures are nice, but the idea of KS is not paying miniatures more... (it is to give backers some discounts). And I was complaining not for the original deal (that with all the stretch was quite reasonable, but for the add-ons (20 for 6 miniatures... ). I had pledged for the all in... then canceled... nothing against the miniatures, but I got the realization that I have mountains of leads to conquer and I prefer finish some project before starting a new one (plus two things bug me: no comparison shot... so I do not  know if I can use them with other miniatures...  ??? and one their website one miniature they are selling look to me too close to an empress one...  :o )   ). Finally I will also say that while the campaign is designed to get maximum effect, it is not very user friendly. I was more interested in the Russians (the Chechen sculpts do not inspire me so much, and I do not have an use for them right now, no Grozny table), but pledging only the Russians was not worthwhile. Not very inspired by the warhansa too...

well one people tea is someone else poison (or they where other beverages?  8)  )

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2017, 08:14:47 PM »
The miniatures are nice, but the idea of KS is not paying miniatures more... (it is to give backers some discounts). And I was complaining not for the original deal (that with all the stretch was quite reasonable, but for the add-ons (20 for 6 miniatures... ). I had pledged for the all in... then canceled... nothing against the miniatures, but I got the realization that I have mountains of leads to conquer and I prefer finish some project before starting a new one (plus two things bug me: no comparison shot... so I do not  know if I can use them with other miniatures...  ??? and one their website one miniature they are selling look to me too close to an empress one...  :o )   ). Finally I will also say that while the campaign is designed to get maximum effect, it is not very user friendly. I was more interested in the Russians (the Chechen sculpts do not inspire me so much, and I do not have an use for them right now, no Grozny table), but pledging only the Russians was not worthwhile. Not very inspired by the warhansa too...

well one people tea is someone else poison (or they where other beverages?  8)  )

Absolutely, fully understand  :D