Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:42:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686662
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America: Hunting Grounds  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
Dracula's America: Hunting Grounds
« on: October 07, 2017, 11:19:13 AM »
As the main Dracula's America topic starts to be quite labyrinthine, I hope its OK to start a separate topic on the new supplement.

I am very happy about the content. I can hardly think of anything missing - perhaps with the exception of story driven campaign. Thaw of Liche Lord is my favourite Frostgrave book just because of that. Perhaps next time?

This supplement for Dracula's America: Shadows of the West contains a host of new rules and material and offers something for every player.

- Two New Factions: The Forsaken, ragged survivors of the 7th Cavalry tormented by a bestial curse, and the White Dragon Tong, crimelords with an agenda as mysterious as the powers wielded by their enforcers.
- The Hunting Grounds: Scenarios and encounters that focus on this mythical realm and the power and threats found within it.
- Territory: Build and develop your headquarters, and exploit the benefits it offers, but beware your enemies taking the fight to your home turf.
- Outlaws, Mercenaries and Bounty Hunters: New campaign options, allowing you to turn to a life of crime, bring in wanted fugitives, or sell your gun to the highest bidder.
- New Monsters: The denizens of the Hunting Grounds, in all their terrifying glory.
- New Hired Guns: There's all kinds of folk willing to sell their skills, and these new Hired Guns offer a range of tactical options... if you can afford them.
- New Gear: Bring a Gatling Gun to a knife fight, or find out why you were always warned about misusing brimstone chalk and vials of ectoplasm.
- New Skills: Riding and Leadership skills give you new combat options and help your posse stay in the fight.

Publication Date: 25 Jan 2018
Number of Pages: 96
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:04:49 PM by Paboook »

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
Re: Dracula's America: Hunting Grounds
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »
I'd love a hint or two about what sort of Boss I should be making for the Tong! I've got plenty of Lo Pan style wizards to use, but if I'm off the mark, a little pointer would help!

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 01:18:46 PM »
 8) I am very much looking forward to the release of this supplement.  :D

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 06:09:49 AM »
 :-*
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 07:48:23 PM »
Hello folks!
Apologies for the radio silence recently- I've not had much free time to keep track of everything!

@Paboook: Heh, we actually have you covered on the Narrative Campaign front- the 7 new Scenarios in Hunting Grounds are designed to be played in sequence as the first part of a narrative arc that will carry over into book 3. Each player chooses an Allegiance for their Posse (any Posse can join any Allegiance, by the way!)- either Order or Chaos (contrived I know, but they work!)- and whenever they win a game they earn 1 'Destiny Point' for their Allegiance.
At the end of the final Scenario, the Allegiance with the most Destiny Points gets to read their outcome of the Campaign (there's one for each Allegiance at the back of the book, so try to resist reading both like you would in a 'choose your own adventure' book!).

@LeadAsbestos: You can use whatever model you prefer for your Boss- however, if you decide to make him/her one of your two Guilao, then they can only be given close combat weapons (spear, sword or two-handed weapon) or a Bow. The Guilao are kind of 'ancestor spirits' that refuse to use guns!
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 10:23:49 PM »
Fenrir, this sounds like the supplement of my dreams!  :)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 11:32:21 PM »
Sounds good!

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 06:03:35 AM »
@Paboook: Cheers- well I hope it doesn't disappoint! As I've said before, I wrote DA to make the game I always wanted to play, in the hope that other folks might feel the same!  :D

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 06:11:04 PM »
A little something from the old Blog for those interested...

https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/something-wicked-this-way-comes.html

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 08:02:56 PM »
Quote from: Fenrir link=topic=104388.m :-* :-*sg1314959#msg1314959 date=1511979064
A little something from the old Blog for those interested...

https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/11/something-wicked-this-way-comes.html

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!  :-*
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 09:30:15 PM »
Color me excited.

I know the Skinwalker Tribes are getting themes in Hunting Grounds, any chance something similar will be available to other Factions?

I wasn't sure if the Deep South focused third book was going to have any new Factions, considering the Dark Confederacy and the Congregation were already in the core book. Glad to see otherwise! I'm particularly happy to see some Lovecraft influences with the Church of Dagon.

My Fallout Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=63394.0
My Dracula's America Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=105669.0

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 06:33:18 AM »
@Dinohunterpoa: Exciting times!  :)

@WulframMors: While there are no 'Theme' lists planned for the other Factions (though it's a great idea!), in book two there will also be several new Arcane Powers for the Crossroads Cult that allow you to get more out of your Summoned beasties in various ways and add a bit more depth to their play-style.
Expect similar for the Congregation and Dark Confederacy in Book 3, and Osprey Games will also be releasing some new 'Gifts of the Slayer' Skills for the Twilight Order and 'Vampiric Powers' for the Red Hand Coven on their website at some point in the near future!

And if you like Lovecraft, then there should be quite a bit of interest to you in Forbidden Power...  ;)

By the way, I love the work you're doing on your Fallout Project- I hadn't heard of Brother Vinni until I saw your stuff!

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 04:46:43 AM »
@WulframMors: While there are no 'Theme' lists planned for the other Factions (though it's a great idea!), in book two there will also be several new Arcane Powers for the Crossroads Cult that allow you to get more out of your Summoned beasties in various ways and add a bit more depth to their play-style.
Expect similar for the Congregation and Dark Confederacy in Book 3, and Osprey Games will also be releasing some new 'Gifts of the Slayer' Skills for the Twilight Order and 'Vampiric Powers' for the Red Hand Coven on their website at some point in the near future!

And if you like Lovecraft, then there should be quite a bit of interest to you in Forbidden Power...  ;)

By the way, I love the work you're doing on your Fallout Project- I hadn't heard of Brother Vinni until I saw your stuff!
[/quote]

I know of my players will be happy to hear about the Crossroad Cult's new options. As I'm currently leading the Twilight Order into the fray I'm intrigued by the 'Gifts of the Slayer' (and the 'Vampiric Powers' too, once I turn dastardly and defect to the Red Hand). Real excited to see all this content down the pipe for this excellent game, makes me want to work on some homebrew rules for it.

And thank ye sir for the kind words on my (sorely neglected) Fallout Project. I just posted a small update to it, though it'll likely be fairly quiet until the new Modiphius Fallout miniatures come out. I just started a thread for my efforts on your own lovely game, sparse for now but I've got another batch coming.

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 01:47:48 PM »
Very informative review of Hunting Grounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L4E7HJSwJc

I will probably switch from the standard Skinwalker posse (right now on my painting table) to the desert tribes ruleswise :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 02:52:05 PM by Paboook »

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 09:37:14 PM »
I got my copy of Hunting Grounds yesterday - read it through last night. Looks really good.

There are loads of different parts to the book, as well as the new posses, which get my Tong on the table!

Lots of stuff to assimilate and think about. I'm really impressed.