Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:32:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690665
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Eureka Mad maximillian: NEW WIP on page 5  (Read 5311 times)

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
Re: eureka miniatures Mad maximillian finally released!
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2017, 08:13:16 PM »
I am curious to know what spawned this genre of car gaming? Apart from looking cool. I had never seen the 1st corp car before now, but I assume its been around for a while? I saw the Eureka cars a few years ago and wondered what game they might be used for. The historical photos used in the Maximillian rule book show all sorts of real world equivalents (although without quite so many guns), my favourite being the motorcycle chariot racer. The champion of which competition being a New South Wales police constable ( I felt compelled to research). I wonder if anyone does a model for that?😊

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2017, 08:22:10 PM »
I am curious to know what spawned this genre of car gaming? Apart from looking cool. I had never seen the 1st corp car before now, but I assume its been around for a while? I saw the Eureka cars a few years ago and wondered what game they might be used for. The historical photos used in the Maximillian rule book show all sorts of real world equivalents (although without quite so many guns), my favourite being the motorcycle chariot racer. The champion of which competition being a New South Wales police constable ( I felt compelled to research). I wonder if anyone does a model for that?😊

I can't speak on Nic's behalf, as the original hand sculpted cars were already a thing when I got involved, but IIRC the initiative for "A right bloody mess" The Australian spinoff of "a very British civil war" was partial to blame. In addition, the whole concept of putting fighter plain stuff on racing cars has been a bit of a fad for a while now, starting in the actual model building scene where steampunk turned into dieselpunk and racing car conversions of spitfires etc were all the rage for a bit. Probably more factors at work that I don't know about, just some touchstones I know from the top of my head. All that, and the latest mad max making car combat cool again of course!
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2017, 09:25:34 PM »
Mad max with style  ;)

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2017, 10:15:24 PM »
Any idea when the rules will be available? Also, will you be stocking the template?

The rules were dispatched last week and the arrival date is at the mercy of Australia Post and Parcelforce.

The cars should arrive Monday, when I will be recovering from attending Crisis.

Because Mana Press and Eureka Miniatures have different agents in the UK, there are sourcing issues that complicate getting everything into stock. The template is quite easily made with the help of a photocopier, and so given likely sourcing issues I will not be stocking it. I will, however, be looking at getting a version made rather than having to charge imported product rates for one.
Ian
Fighting 15s
Gladiator Miniatures, Fighting 15s Flags, Martian Empires and Flashing Blade Miniatures
https://www.fighting15s.com

Offline Lord Blackheart

• Bookworm
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2017, 12:30:58 AM »
 lol, I looked up the motorcycle chariot racing. Why can't we still have sports like that? I blame lawyers  >:(

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2017, 07:32:36 AM »
The rules were dispatched last week and the arrival date is at the mercy of Australia Post and Parcelforce.
Template... I will, however, be looking at getting a version made rather than having to charge imported product rates for one.

Thanks, thats good news :)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2017, 07:39:18 AM »
Mad max with style  ;)

Everything is better with Pulp, obviously.  :D

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2017, 07:51:09 AM »
The cars should arrive Monday

Do you think you'll be getting The Crutchey Push figures before Christmas.

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2017, 12:35:00 PM »
Do you think you'll be getting The Crutchey Push figures before Christmas.

I should have some in slightly more than two weeks’ time if deliveries go to schedule. I’ve been keener on ordering Max bits rather than those for a Right Bloomin’ Mess.

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2017, 08:48:28 PM »
I should have some in slightly more than two weeks’ time if deliveries go to schedule. I’ve been keener on ordering Max bits rather than those for a Right Bloomin’ Mess.
Thanks, I'll place an order when they arrive.

Offline Nic

• Librarian
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2017, 01:17:21 AM »
The source of inspiration was

"All of the figures and vehicles we are releasing here came about due to the suggestion of Matthew Clarkson that a Civil War could have occurred in Australia in the 1930s, inspired by the Very British Civil War ranges from the UK. The idea captured our imagination at Eureka and we began telling others and a week after the initial thoughts Ty Chapman brought us three converted and scratch built models of automobiles from the 1930s that he had 'up-gunned'. These in turn were spotted by Tony Ramsden who suggested they would be perfect for a "Mad Max" 1930s scenario.  That idea was then taken up by Mana Press who have written and
are soon to print a set of car racing and duelling rules called "Mad Maximillian 1934".  Coming full circle, Matthew Clarkson will also be releasing a book soon, "A Right Bloody Mess", which will be a full review of Australia's resources and capabilities in the 1930s with suggestions as to how a Civil War would have progressed. It is an essential guide to creating scenarios in Australia at the time and will be available soon, through Eureka Miniatures."

Cheers

Nic EUREKA MINIATURES

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2017, 10:34:09 AM »
I like that this little piece of alt-history also required a small history of its own to explain.

On a completely different note, here is the first preview image of one of the alternate back parts for the golden arrow we are working on. Still heavily in WIP and missing the turret part, but I think you can see where we are going with this.

Offline Macrossmartin

• Scientist
  • Hobbies from Other Dimensions!
    • The Miniature Martin Site
Re: Eureka Mad maximillian: WIP previeuw on page 4
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »
Well, that looks suitably mad, Tim! As if driving the Golden Arrow on anything aside from smooth beach sand or salt crust wasn't mad enough!  ;)
Operating from an abandoned US spy base somewhere in the Australian outback, Miniature Martin produces games and scale miniatures set in parallel worlds, past and future. He is NOT trying to take over the Earth. This time.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2017, 11:47:47 AM »
Are you questioning the handling of notoriously crash-prone prototype land speed record vehicles? Cause you would be right.  ;D

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2017, 11:12:53 AM »
Looks like a fish. Moves like a fish. Stears like a cow ;)