Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:47:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pulp Alley AAR: Dirk Drake and the Perilous Island Episode 3 - At Death's Door  (Read 942 times)

Offline bong-67

• Librarian
Hi,
Here is a belated report of game 3 of our Perilous Island Campiagn played at the G3 club Glasgoe on the 22nd of August. Episode 3, At Death's Door found the Daredevils and their enemy, the Ahnenerbe battle in a compound in Athens as they attempted to secure Lord Darrow's box containing vital clues to his location.
Thanks to a sterling performance by the Daredevils, in particular, Chomper the bulldog, the Daredevils secured the box with the vital clue they needed.
The set-up at the start of the episode:

Chomper heroically holds off the Ahnenerbe to buy vital time for Dirk:

The end of the game.  The Daredevils escape with Lord Darrow's box as the compound is rocked by a series of mysterious explosions:

Offline Alcide Nikopol

• Mad Scientist
Wonderful!
A.Nik-

Offline Matt

• Librarian
Cool, thanks for sharing.  Where do your buildings come from? I am also interested in your chain link fence.  Looks like it was scratch built.  Any insights on what you did there?

Matt

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
Awesome!  :-*

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com

Offline bong-67

• Librarian
Glad you liked our game folks.  The big red brick warehouse is the Sarissa Precision warehouse and it belongs to the G3 club.  It was painted by one of the members for a participation game at a wargames  show.  The G3 club has some fantastic resources including a whole town's worth of victorian buildings.
The grey multi-storey building is mine and is scratch built from cork floor tile based on ideas in the Makatishi web site.  It was straightforward to build but I inadverdantly used sealed cork tiles which were very hard to cut.  I've now got some unsealed tiles which migt be easier to use.
The fencing was very easy, just car bodywork mesh from Halfords cut to size with balsa wood posts glued to the mesh and the posts glued to plastic card bases.  If you paint the balsa posts before glueing hem to the mesh the fence doesn't need any more painting.  The fences are quick and easy to do and one pack of mesh makes loads.
The buildings used for Mexican Manhunt were a mix of Italeri plastic 1/72 mediterranian houses, Warbases Spanish modular houses (I rendered the walls with ready mixed filler), and Hovels arab buildings.  Walls were foamcore glued to card bases with the foamcore rendered with filler.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:45:24 AM by bong-67 »

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
Very cool! THANKS for playing and sharing Pulp Alley.  ;)