Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:43:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690724
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What's on your painting table?  (Read 2394 times)

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
What's on your painting table?
« on: October 22, 2017, 07:14:49 PM »
Hello All,

It's all gone a bit quiet forum side. I know a lot, including myself, are are posting on the fb Weird pages...

This is what i'm up to:

Ive just finished 28mm WWWII German and American Armies and just about to start on the 28mm Japanese for K47 and BA2.

In 15mm in also working a Japanese army for a WWWII BKC Mod/Hack.

Web wise i'm desperately trying to find time to update content on my pages, hoping to get some more images and docs up this week.

I have been slowly collecting two armies for WWWI in 15mm. I have a Cephalid army with human zombies and automations (Early Dr Who style soldiers). I am basing it some time after the invasion so the Human army will have clunky walkers, Various Cricket Ball tank variants, adaptations of period tanks and a mix of nations for the infantry. Im basing that game in central Europe. Anyone else done any gaming for that theme or planning too? These will hit the workbench after the 28mm and 15mm WWWII armies are done.

What are you guys on with Weird War wise?

Anyone making or just made any new purchases that they want to share? I got involved with the West Wind Kickstarter in a big way, so I am really holding my breath waiting for that dam to burst on me.

Regards

Wolt

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: What's on your painting table?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 02:25:08 PM »
Nout. :P

I still have the same WIPs which I posted in my own thread sticking about. The E-100's almost done, as is the flak thing basecoated.

I'm mostly working on my modern stuff at the moment however. Preferably putting together enough to play games with, as I've been wanting to play proper modern games for years (well, modern games using actual armies instead of irregulars).

I've worked on my weird war stuff for a year, and well like the previous projects before it that's kind of what I give a theme before starting something new.

Offline Ballardian

• Mastermind
  • Too old to stop now
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 05:10:52 PM »

A couple of JTFM E-Series, a kitbash/scatchbuild E-50 Buffel, the never-ending tide of infantry models... However, they've all taken a temporary back seat while I try to crank out a bunch of stuff for a new Call Of Cthulhu campaign for my gaming group.
 (As to the Buffel - I seek the wisdom of the group as to how to proceed - but as I don't wish to hijack your thread I'll start another for it.)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 06:02:27 PM »
I have lots in various states of painting.

The Totenkontrolfahrzeug is sitting in a ziplock bag awaiting a can of German Panzer yellow.

The Spinne is skulking at the back of the shelf.

Offline Ryltar Thamior

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 12:14:35 PM »
At the moment?

3x Battlefront King Tigers [of which, one's almost finished pending a camo-scheme being settled upon, one's half-dunkelgelb'd, and one uh ... decided to mysteriously break down for no good reason while I was looking at. Which I can only surmise is something approaching the "authentic" German experience with King Tigers :P ], obviously in 15mm.

Decided to not bother using the battlefront paints i'd also picked up after having some rather questionable experiences with the Team Yankee Soviet paint-set I was using on a Zvedza BTR-80, and instead used GW paints all the way through. It turns out that 'Zandri Dust' makes for a pretty decent Dunkelgelb, much to my surprise and enthusiasm :D

There's also a 1/144 scale Ratte in the various stages of planning and assembly [mostly working out what weaponry to augment the battleship turret with]; body-armoured Panzergrenadiers [also 15mm], aand their associated IFVs.
"When the going gets weird ... the Weird turn pro"

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »
Its interesting to hear that other folk are working on 15mm too, I thought I was the only one..

What rules do you use? I have always used BKC modded..

Im excited to hear of the Khurisan range extension they release one tank about every two years at the moment..

Also great to find out the Heer47 have some new 15mm and 28mm (1:56) stuff...

I bought the Ratte for 1/44 that was threaded here... awaiting delivery :o) Bloody madness, it will have to be a terrain piece with some sort of factory possibly...

Any other news for 1/44/15mm WWWII or WWWI new stuff from anyone?

Regards

Wolt

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 03:43:41 PM »
I bought the Ratte for 1/44 that was threaded here... awaiting delivery :o) Bloody madness, it will have to be a terrain piece with some sort of factory possibly...
Someone was working on a 28mm one of those, how is it going?

Offline Ryltar Thamior

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 03:49:57 AM »
technically speaking 1/144's a liiitle small for 15mm [vehicular scale generallly works out as 1:100, although on occasion, 1:120] ... although it's easily excused with something as sheerly enormous as a Ratte on the basis that a slightly smaller vehicle makes for slightly more sense.

also had a fortuitous recommendation the other day for the two 1/144 scale Maus that come with the aforementioned Ratte - something called the Mauschen that's been kicking around as an alleged blueprint predecessor/side-project to the Maus. Not sure if it's got any actual historicity or it's just people on World of  Tanks being 'creative' [a frequent problem]; but will do admirably for my purposes :D

Now, if you want a *proper* 1/100 scale Ratte, I believe Forged in Battle does one for something about a hundred and twenty five pounds or thereabouts. There's some painted pictures of this kit up on Agis' site [ http://www.agisn.de/html/15mm_german.html ], along with a few other of the 'paper panzers', Weird War [e.g his Gear Krieg stuff], and some more 'conventional' Germans alongside.

Although good grief! How on earth would one do one in 28mm? It'd basically be an entire terrain-table skirmish board at that scale, wouldn't it?

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 08:38:14 AM »
Re: Ratte

I would say like this:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=99207.0

But it has fallen victim of Photobucket.

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 09:59:02 PM »
Yup.. it has, like sooo many before it and no doubt sooo many after..

They ruin some mighty fine browsing.

Wolt
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:35:37 AM by wolivant »

Offline Bowler

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 04:24:37 PM »
this 20 guys are nearly finished.
in next month are following 60 more...

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2017, 04:52:28 PM »
Lots of Studio Miniatures zombies!

They are good for herds.

Combined with Mantic, Warlord and Westwind figures.

Offline wolivant

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 10:52:19 PM »
You know... I have about 30 German zombies already and now im considering going for a full hoard with the £25 deal from Studio Miniatures...

Hmm...

Wolt

Offline Glenn

• Bookworm
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 05:46:16 PM »
Studio miniatures are fab, the fella that runs them is really a nice bloke  :)

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 10:29:11 PM »
Studio miniatures are fab, the fella that runs them is really a nice bloke  :)

I wholeheartedly concur!  I've always found Studio Miniatures a real pleasure to deal with.  8)